Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

4 day weekend....since i dont have school monday and i never have class on tuesday!

replaying Army of Two...trying to get ****ing achievements, i think the last level glitched on me because i didnt get the achievement for beating the game on contractor difficulty..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Release of Ep. 7: Dec. 18, 2015

I don't know what to make of Star Wars as a holiday movie instead of a summer movie. :dozey:

I wish I cared... but I'm not excited about this new movie... like at all.

I hope it turns out to be the greatest thing on the big screen since the first showing in 1977... but I don't have high hopes.

I must be getting old. Or just jaded and expecting disappointment...

I wish I cared... but I'm not excited about this new movie... like at all.

I hope it turns out to be the greatest thing on the big screen since the first showing in 1977... but I don't have high hopes.

I must be getting old. Or just jaded and expecting disappointment...

You're not on your own, there! Much as i'd love to be proved wrong, i've got this niggling feeling that the new movies are going to be utter arse gravy...

Only time will tell, I guess!

My only hope with the star wars movie is that it has some quality writing done. But i think that is a forlorn hope. Likely will see it opening week regardless tho.

I think last night I got a little sick, due to dehyradtion. had 2 cocktails, 3 or four small glasses of wine, and a cup of cocca.

But i scored a really nice wool long overcoat that was normally $300, but the store was closing and got it for $100. also some nice hats.

if anyone really wants to buy my friendship you can get me this a whisky advent calendar

i dont remember how much i had to drink last night (12+ yuengling lager drafts, **** moderation, right?)...definitely made an ass out of myself but had a good time from what i can remember i was dancing with a group of hot girls...should be interestingly awkward the next time i go there. best bar i've ever been to.

feels nice to have the next 3 days off...going to take it easy, cleaned my room, did laundry, and used my new frying pan to cook some eggs. definitely needed that frying pan, the other ones teflon must've scratched or burned off.

plan for tonight is to get through some of the online homework...that course is fun so far. then after im gonna watch more breaking bad.

just purchased a samsung hi-def camcorder...picking it up at best buy tomorrow...this sob has 52x optical zoom and a night vision setting. :) i have a dash cam/helmet cam already but i can't see what it's taking and i cannot zoom with it plus it does not operate well in low light conditions. job i'm interested requires camcorder, so i had to make this purchase! pretty exciting to get started in this field. i am planning on working on my resume this week, or at least getting it started and then attend a resume building workshop so it doesn't look like ****. and maybe even applying at some places.

Extreme Ski movies are here, yet again.

An unbelievable amount of of money we get for doing practically nothing all day.

Hard to complain...

Oh... and if you want a laugh... somebody dredged up my 3rd grade class photo and tagged me in it on Facebook. Highly embarrassing... but whatever.

I'm super surprised anybody remembered who I was, let alone took the time to track me down on FB to tag me. I'm pretty positive that I haven't seen any of them since I left that grade, and had ZERO conscious memory of that class or any of the classmates.

Weird.

Sorry to hear of the uncomfortable situation, Keyan. :(

Just think: If life was a romantic comedy, this would be the first 3rd of the movie... but you'd be on your way to winning the girl of your dreams after a couple of false starts.

But I've been there. You don't want her to know how much it's killing you... so you put on a brave face, and hope they can't read body language that well. But you also don't want to shut it down completely in a giant emotional blowup... just in the case it all falls apart between them a week from now, and you still have a chance to move in and be the "comforter"...

Although that's never, ever worked out for me in 43 years of life. Maybe it will eventually.

well, you said you saw her...did you interact with her, or did you sit in your car 150 meters away and see her with binoculars?

I went out to dinner with her and one of her friends. I had things totally wrong. I thought her boyfriend was overseas doing his PhD, and their engagement was going to be long-term. She certainly had no idea when they would get married right before I went out there. But I guess they picked a date and planned the whole thing by the time I got there. He's not overseas; he's only about eight hours away. She spent the whole time talking about the wedding and after dinner we walked over to the place she booked for the reception. So my last memory of her is us standing in her wedding reception hall, staring at her beautiful ring, listening to her talk about her wedding.

I bought the new Star Trek Blu-Ray today while I was out... but got home only to find that Skyfall is on Netflix Instant.

I haven't seen either... WHAT DO I CHOOSE FIRST?!??

(First World Problems...)

I'll just leave this here, Keyan:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I went out to dinner with her and one of her friends. I had things totally wrong. I thought her boyfriend was oversees doing his PhD, and their engagement was going to be long-term. She certainly had no idea when they would get married right before I went out there. But I guess they picked a date and planned the whole thing by the time I got there. He's not oversees; he's only about eight hours away. She spent the whole time talking about the wedding and after dinner we walked over to the place she booked for the reception. So my last memory of her is us standing in her wedding reception hall, staring at her beautiful ring, listening to her talk about her wedding.

was her friend hot?

heh during my blackout drunk moment friday, i messaged this one girl that is a friend of mine and told her a few interesting things, hung out with her and my buddy today, watched return of the jedi, sleepy hollow episode, and last week's episode of the walking dead. doubting anything will go anywhere between us other than friends, however...we'll see what happens.

got a nice leather jacket at kohl's that makes me look like a total badass....first time owning a leather jacket. :) picked up my camcorder at best buy, it works pretty nice, think i'll go take it on a test drive tomorrow and see what footage i can get. ;)

and of course gotta work on that resume, at least get my references and start/stop days of various employers. :( long drawn out process cause i've worked so many places...kind of sucks, but i'm super optimistic about the type of work i'm getting involved with.

The bond movies usually have predictable "Hero's journey" plots. Sadly there is never going to be a bond movie anytime soon that has the Chinese as the enemies. Bond lost it's true appeal after the cold war.

Keyan, i knew it was going to be bad, you should have stood her up, especially when she brought a friend. made an excuse to go to the bathroom and never came back, and leave her with the check.

Played a game of Dungeons and Dragon (3.0) Saturday. The Climatic finish for the adventure arc had a Gargantuan ooze attack us. In the previous battle my Cleric hid inside a Prismatic Sphere to heal himself and his cohort (My cleric was down to 1 hit point, and my Cohort was at -4 and bleeding.) After healing my cohort hid behind the sphere while everyone else pretty much fled.

Really made the GM upset when the Ooze rolled over the Sphere and turned to stone.

Keyan, i knew it was going to be bad, you should have stood her up, especially when she brought a friend. made an excuse to go to the bathroom and never came back, and leave her with the check.

Why would I stand her up? It was my idea to get together in the first place. And I knew the friend was coming; it was a mutual friend, the one I met her through, in fact, and she and I hung out two other times during the week (and no, R15, she is not really hot). I was hoping to spend more time with the girl, too, but she apparently had a very hectic week at work.

She had no idea that I liked her. And she was excited about her wedding. She didn't do anything rude or wrong. She's basically the perfect person. The most beautiful girl I have ever seen, a sparkling personality, intelligent, successful, compassionate, and more. I knew I basically had no chance with her; she had been dating the guy for almost three years when I met her. But nothing else came along in the past year, a chance came up to see her again, and it was either take it or don't. Given that she told me she had no idea when she was getting married when I asked, I figured wedding stuff wouldn't be on the table yet. If it was, I wouldn't have gone. But it wasn't at the time, so I did. I wish I didn't. I wish I had never seen her again. I wish I had never met her in the first place. But I did what I could, and that's what happened. Nothing was her fault.

As a point of interest to you all, I did visit the Tech Museum while I was there. There had a huge Star Wars exhibit going on. Lots of props and costumes from the movies. You all would have loved it, I'm sure. Maybe I'll put up some pictures.

sorry keyan...better luck with whatever comes next. :) focus on career and goals maybe. that's what i'm doing...

i'm sick of chasing girls that treat me like second best, only to get my heart and soul crushed when i find out they're just not that into me for whatever reason...but once they see i'm successful and doing well they'll come chasing me. at least, that is my plan.

i did make a change though from previous years, that i started going to bible study, even though i'm not super religious and into the volunteering/ministry stuff they do, i still share the same beliefs and faith so going there isn't that awkward especially considering i spent a few years living on a bible school when my parents attended (this is my prior internet days lol)...but i'm meeting some pretty friendly girls there, but not pushing it with any of them at all...one requested me as a friend on facebook, but she's planning on moving away go figure. Keyan i know you share the same beliefs, well maybe a little different but i'd suggest trying out a bible study or finding one that has singles or college aged-30s, you never know you might find someone nice. :)

sorry keyan...better luck with whatever comes next. :) focus on career and goals maybe. that's what i'm doing...

The only goal I really have left is to have a family. My career is going great, and I wouldn't change anything else in my life.

i'm sick of chasing girls that treat me like second best, only to get my heart and soul crushed when i find out they're just not that into me for whatever reason...but once they see i'm successful and doing well they'll come chasing me. at least, that is my plan.

Well, I'm successful and doing well, and no one has chased me, nor even been willing to go out with me. So I don't think it works that way. Certainly being successful is attractive, but it's not a one-way ticket to success with the ladies.

Keyan i know you share the same beliefs, well maybe a little different but i'd suggest trying out a bible study or finding one that has singles or college aged-30s, you never know you might find someone nice. :)

Done that. Didn't work. Yet, at least. We will see.

ah maybe that's my problem too...even when i am doing so well, the one i had ended up leaving me just when the dawn was breaking through for me. sometimes i think i'm better off alone, it's not like i want kids anyways, all i really want is a wife that "gets" me like nobody else does. but idk i think that's next to impossible. got turned down twice this week by girls claiming they'd hang out with me, through that stupid pof.com site. the one that i did go out with back in september said on the date review that i needed to be more funny or show off my sense of humor...well i would've but on the first date that'd scare the **** out of any normal human being...and i didnt want to subject her to humor that she wouldn't understand. lol still, a great date just zero connection. kind of changing up the way i dress too so when i go out in public i attract some female attention, going to the gym definitely helps i think. the trend i see that girls like is guys that are "confident" that's why u see these douchebag scummy guys with these gorgeous babes, but i never understood that. i say just throw yourself out there in as many awkward situations as possible and eventually either you'll hate all women or you'll find the right one. idk man. they're all insane.

NEBA (New England Bowlers Association) was at Westgate Lanes over the weekend...the best in New England were there, and both days were pretty much day-long affairs (Saturday's usually not bad, but there was a senior tournament there this year). Normally, my feet are sore afterward from all of the standing around, but I was able to find seating much of the event, so as far as my feet were concerned, it was a normal weekend.

BTW, one of the bowlers from Westgate finished 2nd in the open event, but I see most of the other NEBA bowlers only this time of year (and I do converse online with some of them).

Archived