Home

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Wildstar

that sucks...i hate that places are open on thanksgiving, it's stupid. though when i was working walmart, i'd always volunteer to work that day plus black friday just to get brownie points from the managers so when i did do stupid **** (calling off because i was tired, etc), i'd always point at all the holidays i volunteered to work. i kinda did the same thing on deployment, i volunteered to outer perimiter patrol in the humvee on christmas and new years, with the LT, it was fun, and i ended up getting a good remark for it on my E4 evaluation. i miss that job so much...job hunting is getting depressing, i'm hoping/praying to hear back about the security officer position i applied for...it's like the closest related thing to what i was doing overseas.

today i slept in til about 1:30pm...lol went out got my haircut and took my car to the carwash for the first time...it looks so nice!!! (both haircut and car lol) now im just wondering what to do...(drinks it is!)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent the day with the family with a great dinner, and the night over my friend's place. We didn't end up going to visit her friends, so we just sat by the fire and talked. I slept over... in a separate room.

She made coffee and pancakes when we got back up. Then we went for a long hike through the woods next to her house, around a lake.

I doubt there will ever be anything romantic there... I didn't get anything close to that vibe off her. But we like to do many of the same things, so we'll continue to hang out.

Fried a turkey for thanksgiving. Went real well, i think the tricks to frying a turkey are not using too much oil, thawing and drying off the turkey, and making sure the temperature stays at 350 all through the cooking process. Took about an hour to heat up the oil, and another hour to cook, cool and carve. My wife did the rest of the sides. It was just us.

had a nice night out Friday going to one of our favorite restaurants right on the river, and saw the lighting of LaCrosse's Holiday lights. Then took a carriage ride through the park enjoying the live nativity and lights.

my favorite ironic death was the segway creator. http://techland.time.com/2010/09/27/segway-company-owner-dies-in-tragic-segway-accident/

getting used to planet fitness and using treadmills...there is always that one treadmill that skips and almost throws me off. not funny.

going to try to get out there every day for 20 minute run, trying to get my speed up to 6mph the whole 20 minutes, so far i can manage 10 minutes, using 3 as my incline. calves are sore as ****, but it's my calves that are sore and not my achilles tendon that feels on fire, so that is a good thing...started running on the balls of my feet instead of "heel to toe" which idk where i picked that bad habit up, i think i got it confused with "heel to toe" when walking through the woods being all stealthy. ahhh!!!

finals tomorrow...i think i'll pass all my classes. if not oh well, i'll just owe some money back to the state. :rolleyes: still figuring out a career path...would like to just go active duty, but there's way too many hoops to jump through to do that. :(

damn this place is quiet.....i went out and bought a leather chair at staples for $60 to replace the chair i've been sitting on-which is more of a table chair or a chair you don't sit on for more than 30 minutes lol... now i have to assemble it. this should be interesting..

took 28 minutes to assemble....much better than assembling the ****in futon.

I'm back to work. My schedule is pretty much 7 days a week until just before Christmas.

Yay.

Oh well... I probably would have worked pretty much every day I took off, except for Thanksgiving if I hadn't gone on vacation when I did... meaning it would have been close to 2 months off without a real break by the time our holiday closing comes around.

my worked put down a load of crapatude on us today. Wants everyone to work 10 hour days 6 days a week until the day after the new year. Christmas and New Years day is coming out of our Paid time off hours, and we will just get straight time for the extra day during the holiday weeks.

I told them I would do everything they ask except work more then a 11 hour day, and I will not work on ONE of my TWO days off.

only 3 days, so i shouldn't get fired over it.

They are giving us the story that sales are up over 26% from last year. and they are trying to hire an additional 30 people. They have been trying to hire additional 10 people for the last 6 months and out of the 4 people they have hired only one is still working.

so come Spring on our busy part of the season we are going to doing this dance again.

Sure like to see a wage increase of 26%. instead I get my hours increased... but oh wait, the Building manager is working on the paperwork to give us all 2.5% wage increase... *sarcasm* I guess that will be okay

got some decisions to make......it's about relationships and moving...

idk maybe im just making some silly mistakes. but whatever...think i am going to take the downstairs apartment regardless of having a roomie to split the rent with, im gonna ponder this for 2 days before i bug my landlord. and probably upset my parents (upping the rent about $475)...i'll have more space, not have to fight over a bathroom, and well...more space. and i'll be able to get a dog, and it will be a much more comfortable place to bring a girl back to than my current place...which has a leaky roof i might add.

meh, prolly just gonna stay where i'm at...lol might see about getting a dog though. feeling all feverish so i stayed in bed most of the day (besides running at the lake...hey it was 55 degrees out!), spent some of the day leveling up my sith inquisitor...level 8. :) got too much sleep, and i've been dreaming of kuwait lately. probably because 1 year ago we landed there...also dreamt of going PMC, but that's a hard thing to get into without actual combat experience-though technically i served in a 'combat zone' though for a base like kuwait, qatar, or places where it's a "cake deployment" i could probably have a better chance of getting stationed there...it's decent money, but i wouldn't want to do it long term. idk, just thinking. haha.

Word of advice. Only get it if you can afford it with less then half of your paycheck. Usually you should only be paying half of your paycheck for rent and utilities.

Yes, we would all like to keep up with the jones, and make us feel better. But no one mentions that the Jones are neck deep in debt to keep up their appearance of being affluent

yeah im not gonna do it unless i have someone to split it 50/50 with...as much as it sucks sometimes, 325 a month for rent is extremely convenient for having money to do many other things.

@K_k: If ONLY jobs would realize that...about the 1/2 the paycheck...rent here for anyplace say, a single bedroom apartment-with kitchen, bath, livingroom, goes for $550-$600, not many jobs around here that would support only half the check going to rent...would be more like the whole thing and then some. =\

think i'm gonna be on swtor the rest of the day...lol i started playing MGS Peacewalker but my batteries died...it's pretty cool so far. going to be on my sith warrior or sith inquisitor today...probably get my inquisitor off the starting world of Korriban before i switch to my Warrior.

Screenshot_2013-12-04_18_37_41_589195_zpsebab6dfb.jpg

Screenshot_2012-06-21_02_13_52_701120_zpsaa7fb5cd.jpg

Screenshot_2013-04-11_20_09_09_068632_zps320dea70.jpg

Screenshot_2013-12-03_15_05_34_293153_zps029aaca2.jpg

Screenshot_2013-12-05_18_13_56_750966_zps39e6bfe1.jpg

Heck, even McDonalds published "Budget planner" for it's employees, assume they get a second job to meet basic expenses.

I guess since we cannot have slavery, we can make sure people are making so little it practically is slavery.

Henry Ford had it right, he paid his employee's enough they could afford to buy the Cars they manufactured.

Archived