Home

Favourite ... of the year 2012

Sabretooth

Waited for the year to end this time. List your favourite movie, game, book, comic, anime, TV show, whatever! Do whatever!

Movie

Not listing this year, as I haven't really seen a lot of the 2012 movies I wanted to, and none of the movies I watched particularly stood out for me.

Game

the-walking-dead-game-box.jpg

2. XCOM: Enemy Unknown

3. Dishonored

4. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

5. Hotline Miami

6. Mass Effect 3

7. Sleeping Dogs

8. Lone Survivor

9. Max Payne 3

10. Far Cry 3

Anime

349e3b9e27f7b3e3044d4c91fb4d38f61336683938_full.jpg

2. Humanity Has Declined

3. Space Brothers

Album

into-the-diamond-sun.jpg

Stealing Sheep - Into The Diamond Sun

2. The Birthday Massacre - Hide and Seek

3. Various Artists - Hotline Miami OST

4. Anberlin - Vital

5. Yakushimaru Etsuko - Yamiyami

6. Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal

7. Ne Obliviscaris - Portal of I [thanks bill!]

8. Between the Buried and Me - The Parallax II: Future Sequence

9. Wintersun - Time I

10. Dva - Botanicula OST

Movie:

The Dark Knight Rises (although I've yet to see Argo and Django Unchained)

Game:

The Walking Dead: The Game (what a surprise)

TV Series:

Mad Men

Album:

Hotline Miami OST (This game without the soundtrack isn't the same thing)

Movie:

Prometheus_poster_460x681.jpg

Even with all It's flaws... I really enjoyed it and the anticipation surrounding it, piecing all the small clues together. I would have chosen The Hobbit but I don't regard it as a full movie so.

Game:

Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-game-poster.jpg

I know that it wasn't technically released this year, but I haven't really played any other games very actively. It seems my love of vidya has started to dissipate as I've gotten older, I don't enjoy it as much anymore. You just get other priorities in life.

Album, It's impossible for me to choose just one, so here goes:

Burzum_-_Umskiptar.jpg

This one really divided most Burzum fans, but I really love the direction Varg took with it. I can't quite put my finger on why exactly I like this album so much, it just has a wonderful atmosphere. Sort of Middle-Earth-ish. Perfect for a stormy night with some whiskey.

om_advaitic_songs_1333634565_crop_550x550.jpg?w=560

Simply put, ****ing great. This album takes you on a nomadic journey through vast deserts somewhere in the middle east. It has to be the most atmospheric stoner rock album I've ever heard. Gets better with each listen.

earthangels2cover_web1.jpg

The second part of Earth's "Angels" album, quite simply one of the best drone albums I've had the pleasure of listening to so far. Seeing them live on April 5th (hint, hint) last year was an awesome experience as well. Really excited about the direction Dylan Carlson is heading towards with each new release.

Movie

The-Avengers_large_jpeg_verge_medium_landscape.png

As a huge Marvel fan, this film was a dream come true for me. Joss Whedon absolutely nailed it.

Game

12615-1-1331416751.jpg

Cheating I know as it came out in Nov 2011, but I only got it a few months ago and I've spent over 250 hours playing this game and loving every minute of it.

Album

Absolutely nothing that came out this year grabbed me. Can I cheat again and put Adele - 21? That's what I've listened to most.

TV

the-big-bang-theory-10.jpg

Really got into The Big Bang Theory this year. A bit late to the party, but better late than never.

Comic

Saga1coverByFionaStaples.jpg

Comic book fans must read.

Om - Advaitic Songs

Simply put, ****ing great. This album takes you on a nomadic journey through vast deserts somewhere in the middle east. It has to be the most atmospheric stoner rock album I've ever heard. Gets better with each listen.

Major props, mate. I didn't include it as I hadn't listened to it enough last year. I was especially impressed by how well the vocalist on 'Addis', Kate Ramsey can sing in Sanskrit. The only flaw in her pronunciation I could think of was that she doesn't trill her r's.

Major props, mate. I didn't include it as I hadn't listened to it enough last year. I was especially impressed by how well the vocalist on 'Addis', Kate Ramsey can sing in Sanskrit. The only flaw in her pronunciation I could think of was that she doesn't trill her r's.
I listened to this after seeing it posted. It is quite good!

Of 2012...

NDS game: Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia

Console game:.......didn't play much

PC game: also didn't play much

Flash Game: Ninja Saga

Walk-in electronics store: tied between Radio Shack and Fry's

Music band and album:

Kalmah+-+They+Will+Return.jpg

TV channel: tie between history and discovery, though I did watch animal planet quite a bit.

Personal trip: Hmm. Well, two of them.

1) Spur of the moment, pal needed to move from San Diego back up to where I'm at so I helped him.

2) Took a trip up to the umpqua river just outside Roseburg Oregon for family reunion.

By the way, does anyone here live in Oregon? I'm halfway contemplating moving up there. Seems like a good enough place. CA has been good, but it's becoming evident that this place is going downhill hard. I'm open to suggestions of other places too.

Family news: My cousin got remarried (to the same woman), they worked out their differences and have had a newly born child together. He already has an 8-yo daughter.

Archived