Home

HD Mandalorian Shuttle Retexture request

Col_Zechs

Having a look at the model, it would be difficult to put much detail into some areas, with the amount of overlapping and compressed UVs. You could make the texture bigger than the current 512x512 map certainly, and clean up some of the compression artefacts. It also looks like it is using an Xbox 256 downsample semantic, so I imagine that is part of the problem.

I think I looked into replacing this particular model with a remapped version a while back, but never got beyond the testing stage as in-game the model would constantly disappear when moving towards the edge of the screen (maybe it was something to do with the widescreen mod, but the default model didn't do it).

• 3 weeks later...
Is it still being worked on? I really hate how some base models are poorly textured in this game like the guns and the ship model I mentioned. I was told in another thread you can't do anything about the guns cause they're hardcoded.

Not hardcoded. Just poorly mapped. You can retexture em. But it would be easier to just make a new model.

Archived