Home

Zack Snyder to make Star Wars movie outside the new trilogy

Miltiades

Madness you say? Well, THIS IS THE SOURCE.

To quote the article:

Back in November, the Los Angeles Times reported that Man of Steel and 300 director Zack Snyder said he had no interest in directing the hotly anticipated seventh Star Wars film. But Vulture has learned that while this may be specifically true — he won’t be doing Episode VII — it was a bit of misdirection: He is in fact developing a Star Wars project for Lucasfilm that is set within the series’ galaxy, though parallel to the next trilogy. It will be an as-yet-untitled Jedi epic loosely based on Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 classic Seven Samurai, with the ronin and katana being replaced by the Force-wielding knights and their iconic lightsabers.

Let your light shine upon this news, fellow Star Wars fans!

Update: So Snyder was pretty quick to deny any involvement in future Star Wars projects, as he told The Hollywood Reporter. Vulture, however, which posted the original story, is sticking by it, saying:

Vulture takes the accuracy of its reports very seriously. And while a piece published in The Hollywood Reporter this evening quotes Snyder's rep as saying that the director "is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars," Vulture stands by its story. This reporter heard through a source very familiar with the situation that Snyder recently flew up to Marin County to meet with Lucasfilm execs about the project. When subsequently reached by Vulture, Snyder's spokesperson would only repeat that he "is" not currently involved. One should note the possible political ramifications here of our original story break: Snyder's last Warner Bros. film, Sucker Punch, lost millions for the studio, and execs there could have become distressed at the idea of him getting involved with another studio's franchise when they have so much at stake with their upcoming Man of Steel and want him available for an immediate sequel.

I assume next weeks announcement will be something like "Paul WS Anderson to write, Uwe Boll to direct; a new non-Trilogy Star Wars film as an adaptation of Dial M for Murder"

I want a Star Wars adaptation of "Support Your Local Gunfighter."

Support Your Local Jedi.

But in an exclusive statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Snyder's spokesperson says: "While he is super-flattered because he is a huge fan, Zack is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars. He is currently in post on his two films, Man of Steel and 300: Battle of Artemisia.”

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-shoots-down-report-412336

Well, I'm disappointed. I, for one, would have been interested in a Snyder-made Star Wars. He's generally very dedicated to the core work he adapts and while he doesn't necessarily better, he at least doesn't make it any worse.

Well, I'm disappointed. I, for one, would have been interested in a Snyder-made Star Wars. He's generally very dedicated to the core work he adapts and while he doesn't necessarily better, he at least doesn't make it any worse.

Indeed. I know Star Wars movies are a touchy subject to most fans, myself included, and this whole deal of who's directing one is still so fresh and unheard of, but for the adaptations Snyder did, he managed to do very enjoyable movies which still retained the soul of the original work. If someone is qualified to head other's work, it's him.

Archived