Home

Free Cartel Coins?

VeniVidiVicous

Anything?? :raise:

Isn't GTN restricted to non-F2P players though?

No, there are restrictions on F2P players, but not from using GTN, pretty sure there are restrictions to how much you can put on the GTN to sale, but that has nothing to do the purchases. However, the amount of credits a F2P player can have in their inventory would restrict them to what they could afford to purchase.

Yeah most anything, even unlocks...some really stupid unlocks too. Like having operations listed for 1 million credits, anyone that can afford the unlock does not need the unlock because they are a subscriber.

Just FYI, when using GTN a item is a item. So scroll around to find the lowest price for that idea. On somethings prices can be way out of whack. A Advanced Might Hilt 27 is a Advanced Might Hilt 27, if it is selling for 1.5 million credits or 9.5K credits it is the exact same thing, so purchase the 9.5K credit one.

To the first question: You don't actually lose any credits you earn beyond the limit, but they are stored by BioWare in case you become a preferred player or a subscriber, at which point you get your credits back. To the second, a simple "yes" suffices. :)

Well the fact that they store them is decent of them I suppose.

To put it simply then would any cartel coin purchase (no matter how small) make me a preferred player?

I noticed something interesting on Origin (yes I have it but I wanted ME3 so :p ) that I can buy SWTOR.

There's 2 versions: the "Standard Edition" and "Digital Deluxe Edition".

What benefits (if any) where there be to me buying the game? I wouldn't mind buying the game if there was some actual in-game benefits to me doing so. :)

Depends on what kind of player you are.

If you just want to do the stories then F2P is the way to go.

If you want the fun of endgame content then subscription is the way to go.

At $15 a month for subscribers it is a really decent deal. Extra quirks as they are with quickbars and such or things on the cartel market that will say free to subs, so many more places to put your stuff. (George Carlin reference there)

Plus for me the endgame content is worth it.

As for the digital edition, you get a free speeder that levels with you meaning you wouldn't need to buy a speeder ever. And its a decent looking speeder. You get a flare gun and a dancing twilek hologram and VIP badge to go to the VIP section on the fleet and some other little knickknacks. The speeder itself is the only thing worth it to me from the digital pack. Plus any other toons you create automatically get the speeder and other things mailed to them the minute they start.

You still can't use the speeder until you visit the trainer for it but you don't have to buy one. But you can also buy speeders on the GTN that level with you for really cheap so it is up to you.

Bottom line: You're not going to get cartel coins unless you buy cartel coin packs or subscribe. They are not free, they're not meant to be free, they're meant for subscribers and people who pay money to buy the packs. Anything you think will get your cartel coins aside from the two things already mentioned isn't going to work.

You can get stuff of the GTN as mentioned before.

Even the 1M things aren't out of reach with the help of a subscriber.

Got a 1M Artifact unlock for my entire account, using a subber helping me than sending COD mails of 350, 350 and 300 (yes, I am a pref. player).

So if you got some great friends who are sub, you can use that to get around the limitations without needing the cartel coins (1800 IIRC for the item I just mentioned, that's over $30)...

EDIT:

Buying the game should be around $13-15. It's basically only a month sub, nothing more nothing less. If you pay more than that you're getting robbed (well unless for those VIP-extras of course)...

You can get stuff of the GTN as mentioned before.

Even the 1M things aren't out of reach with the help of a subscriber.

Buying the game should be around $13-15. It's basically only a month sub, nothing more nothing less. If you pay more than that you're getting robbed (well unless for those VIP-extras of course)...

What I was getting at earlier was would buying the game (giving me a months subscription) get me a preferred player status?

I don't know what 1M is. How could you recieve those installments of money without going over your limit or were you spending 300-350K credits between each transaction?

Cool, the free month that comes with the game will definitely put me on that list then? I'm guessing that 1 month suscribed might also get me some Cartel Coins?

So seeing as the trade function doesn't work for F2P, I could get Preferred player status, then a friendly sub can trade me cartel items for in-game credits.

That pretty much it?

Yeah, but if you're thinking of getting friendly subs to buy you unlocks for cheap, you'll be disappointed. Remember, this is real world money when we talk about cartel coins. You'll be able to get a bunch of other stuff that's inconsequential but if you're really going to worry about unlocks to begin with, you may as well just put down the money to buy the cartel coin packs anyway.

If you can spend the many countless hours patiently gathering it up... and then can find someone who wants to waste their cartel coins.

Best bet is GTN, but you're not going to find all of the relevant unlocks there and it's not going to be cheap for you. Most of them are above the 250k f2p and 350k pp mark for some reason...

Cool, the free month that comes with the game will definitely put me on that list then? I'm guessing that 1 month suscribed might also get me some Cartel Coins?

The game is free. You don't pay for the game. It's not a "free month", the month is what you're buying.

And yes, it will also grant 500 CC

I could get Preferred player status, then a friendly sub can trade me cartel items for in-game credits.

No, since as pref. player you can't send money, either with trade or mail. Only mails with COD will work.

Remember, this is real world money when we talk about cartel coins.

Not really, since they'll just buy it for you from the GTN. No CC for you, no CC for them.

Yes, it does limit availability somewhat, but no-one's paying any real money (well, the sub for his/her sub, but that's it)

you may as well just put down the money to buy the cartel coin packs anyway.

*most* (not all) cartel pack items are for sale on the GTN. Usually cheap, like the Speeder bike cheaper than even the lvl 2 from the store and it gets more speed the higher your speeder level.

And if you really need it, the packs itself are for sale too. Not too cheap though (usually around 200.000 credits).

Archived