Home

Notch no longer willing to fund Psychonauts 2

Smon

At almost a year since we found out he was willing to fund it

“I somewhat naively thought ‘a couple of million’ was two million. I had no doubt in my mind that a Psychonauts 2 would earn that money back easily. Turns out they wanted 18 million dollars, haha. I don’t have the time at the moment to even try to get educated enough to make an 18 million dollar deal. Perhaps in some distant future when I’m no longer trying to make games, I could get into angel investing. I’ve made one private investment into a game so far, at $100K, and it’s frankly a lot more work than I thought.”

Source

Well, darn.

• 3 months later...

Someone start a Kickstarter because seriously I would donate the **** out of that. Like, big time I don't even need any perks can I just have psychonauts 2 in some form? Novel, comic series, webcomic. I don't care just tell me what happens, Schafer.

• 8 months later...

Saddening news, indeed. :(

But in my opinion, at least this means they want to do Psychonauts 2 properly, if/when they're going to do it. I wouldn't want some cheap, cop-out version of it. Psychonauts in some form, as DathAve mentioned, would be nice but a second game is still what I really want.

Archived