[ ] Cancelled game(s)

[ ] Unhelpful publishers

[ ] Post-mortem on why Game X was buggy and unfinished

[ ] Kickstarter

[ ] Coy teasing of Kickstarter

[ ] Game idea too good to exist

[X] Possible new game

News:

RPS: The recent industry “transition” has taken a ridiculous toll. It feels like it’s been layoffs every other week – which is weird, since it’s basically been every week. It’s been hard to watch, to say the least. Obviously, you guys temporarily lost a publisher, but are you chaffing elsewhere? After all, your biggest project [south Park] is slated to come out sometime this year. What happens after that? Are you worried about securing more work?

Feargus Urquhart: If you asked me that question eight weeks ago, I would have said yes. Luckily we signed another contract in December. I can’t go into any details about it, but it’s a game that will employ at least the same number of people that are working on South Park right now. And of course, our hope is that there will be more South Park work. It would be awesome to keep on working with Matt and Trey and the group.

For us, we’re doing pretty good right now. I can’t rest on my laurels, as they say. And this is where I say “I” and not “we” because this is the “me” part of Obsidian. Now I have a year, probably about a year, to get a publisher interested in a game so that then we can go through the six-or-nine-month period of getting that thing signed up. It’s nice. I have about 18 months right now to get that next big thing signed up. It’s giving us a good amount of time to get all our ideas together. Having Chris Avellone as one of my partners is awesome, because he’s a fountain of ideas. Along with Josh [sawyer], and now having Tim Caine at the company. This is going to give us the time to sit down and say, “What is this game we want to make?”

Rock, Paper Shotgun; via NeoGAF

Who knows, maybe it's KotOR III and they're working closely with BioWare to tie it into The Old Republic and gets everything to make so much sense that it blows everyone away :p

It's not, I'm just getting peoples hopes up.

I think I'd be a little disappointed if they tried to tie it in with TOR instead of just retconning the crap out of TOR. Anyway...

I'm excited to see what Obsidian's new project is.

Hence why making KotOR III to tie into TOR and explaining how things got like that in a way that settles everything would be awesome.

The reason why people are disappointed with how TOR treated Revan and Exile the way they did is because of the huge gap in story that suddenly happened... that and it wasn't specifically THEIR Revan that they saw in the game, but that aside...

As for retconning TOR... lol

Up to Disney if Obsidian do a Star Wars game now. I'm okay with whatever they do. Obsidian make brilliant games.

This deal was signed in December and the Star Wars jabber only started last week as a hopeful wish, so this is almost certainly not related.

If I had to wager, original next-gen IP (though I don't know how big the South Park team is compared to their previous efforts).

Archived