Home

News:LucasFilms cancels Star wars the Clone Wars

battle111

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely excited about the possibilities of this change in direction, although it could be a case of "Better the Devil you know"? I Really want to see Star Wars be grittier than it has been for the last 5-6 years. Hopefully Dark Horse and Del-Rey will continue their great work, and the Film division will follow suit.

George Lucas always said they would run for 5 seasons, regardless of ratings.

But to be honest I think Disney plan to Market Star wars with their other franchises as epic teen/adult Cinematic experiences (Which it once was), and are making a conscious effort to move away from the pre-teen Saturday morning cartoon, that has dominated Star Wars for the last decade, and put all efforts in to centralizing our attention on Episode VII. When I was a Kid, Star Wars was massively popular as it is now, but It was cool, and respected by other film makers and fans of other genres. Now its kind of a Joke outside of kids, and dads who want to indoctrinate their kids lol. Star Wars can be epic once more! :)

also, Detours, and other comedy/kid stuff has also been put on the back burner

It's not "canceled" in the same way that other shows are. There was never an intention to tell much over 100 episodes, and you can understand why if you think about the fairly short timespan between Episodes 2 and 3. While it is a conflict that is waged over the course of years, it's not something that you can over-fill with stories because it just wouldn't make sense.

Also, there's no way that the remaining episodes DON'T get picked up by Disney XD (Disney's kind of teenage/tween channel that has other more "mature" shows). I think that was the plan all along.

Don't worry people. They'll finish out the Clone Wars series with a bang. We all knew this day HAD to come because we knew that the war would have to end at some point.

I'd rather they finish it while we're still hungry rather than us begging them to stop. I cannot say enough about the job that Dave Filoni and his team have done. It took a while for me to get into the show, but once I did, I realized that he and his entire animation team have an absolute love for the franchise, and they put a lot of effort into making it live up to standards (though, they'll never please everyone - just like George couldn't).

What an incredible series...I can't wait to see what happens next!

MTFBWY

Definitely excited about the possibilities of this change in direction, although it could be a case of "Better the Devil you know"? I Really want to see Star Wars be grittier than it has been for the last 5-6 years. Hopefully Dark Horse and Del-Rey will continue their great work, and the Film division will follow suit.
I'm not sure Dark Horse will be in charge of Star Wars comics for much longer, considering Disney owns Marvel. In fact, I'd be surprised if they retain the rights to publish more stories after the current contract expires (pleasantly surprised, I should add, because I love how Dark Horse has handled SW comics).

Anyway, I don't care much about the Clone Wars series and I'd love it if they'd finally quit oversaturating the Clone Wars era, but I don't have a good feeling, naturally, with all these projects cancelled/delayed/put on hold. I was kind of looking forward to Detours, as silly as it was, and who knows what's happening at the LucasArts division and the 1313 project.

There was never an intention to tell much over 100 episodes,

Actually, there was. A season 6 was already planned with scripts already done for way over an year, and there were rumours of seasons 7 and 8. The 100 episodes planned from the beginning were "regardless of ratings", which as seen later, were high enough to re-organize how the series would go on and evolve (also thanks to George's growing involvement). It's sad that they didn't respect their plans enough to give them a full season to wrap all loose story arcs and introduce us to other important ones. The series, and the people who worked on it, deserve it.

Interesting... for some reason I had always thought that the current season was the last one anyway :confused: how much longer could the "Clone Wars" focus last anyway?

They've had a great run and should be proud of what they've accomplished. Looking forward to seeing what's next!

Finally, we're coming to it... Ahsoka Tano must die.

(I like Ahsoka, I just think her death would be a really interesting thing to see.)

It's gotta happen. I'm also intrigued by how it'll happen!

I just finished watching season 5 now. I don't see why it would be bad for it to end like that. I don't see how it could have ended any better.

A good season finale...but there's still quite a bit left unanswered like Darth Maul (if it ended now, that would mean he was prob. still alive in Episode 3 lol). They're reaching the end of the clone wars in the series, but they're at that point where they're just not close enough to hit episode 3 just yet. Soon...

But to be honest I think Disney plan to Market Star wars with their other franchises as epic teen/adult Cinematic experiences (Which it once was), and are making a conscious effort to move away from the pre-teen Saturday morning cartoon, that has dominated Star Wars for the last decade, and put all efforts in to centralizing our attention on Episode VII. When I was a Kid, Star Wars was massively popular as it is now, but It was cool, and respected by other film makers and fans of other genres. Now its kind of a Joke outside of kids, and dads who want to indoctrinate their kids lol. Star Wars can be epic once more! :)

I've got to agree with this. I can't comment on the quality of the show, as I've never watched a single episode and have had no interest in doing so, but I do like what this news implies about where Disney intends to take the Star Wars franchise.

I've got to agree with this. I can't comment on the quality of the show, as I've never watched a single episode and have had no interest in doing so, but I do like what this news implies about where Disney intends to take the Star Wars franchise.

Star Wars was for kids (not just teens/adults) ever since '77. And to call this show a pre-teen TV series is simply inaccurate. Lucasfilm is simply focusing on the sequel era, like they did with the prequels, it has nothing to do with demographic. Still, I don't see the need of canceling/postponing the 3D releases, a 6th season of TCW and 1313 until then.

George Lucas always said they would run for 5 seasons, regardless of ratings.

also, Detours, and other comedy/kid stuff has also been put on the back burner

Yeah those star wars detours are for Kids but l do hope Star wars would be epic but too bad star wars the clone wars got canceled:(

Mesage from JAT to TCW here is the link http://jamesarnoldtaylor.com/jamesarnoldtaylor.com/Clone_Wars_Thoughts.html

This is a sad move but necessary for Star Wars to move on. We've seen enough of the prequel era, and focusing on the sequel era might do some good. Who knows, we may get a Kotor III out of this or a BF III.

I am excited to see what the director calls "the best is yet to come"

I'm not sure Dark Horse will be in charge of Star Wars comics for much longer, considering Disney owns Marvel. In fact, I'd be surprised if they retain the rights to publish more stories after the current contract expires (pleasantly surprised, I should add, because I love how Dark Horse has handled SW comics).

some info straight from the Darh Horse's mouth

This is a sad move but necessary for Star Wars to move on. We've seen enough of the prequel era, and focusing on the sequel era might do some good. Who knows, we may get a Kotor III out of this or a BF III.

I am excited to see what the director calls "the best is yet to come"

Well if there will be new games l hope they will have a good story line and if they won't need too much memory like TOR

Hey hey big news totaly big news we get a film instead of the season 6 here the info:http://clubjade.net/?p=47910

Archived