Home

News:LucasFilms cancels Star wars the Clone Wars

battle111

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but l wonder how much soporters does CW need ??

Hey everyone!!

What weird day today is first there were plans in making CW movie now help for saving CW starts and now l heard that 700 hundred per 26 Days CW gets it seems that CW will continue and LucasFilms might need to restore CW as the way it was :D

Apparently some of you missed the fact that Ahsoka left the Jedi order. Dave Filoni's not killing her off.

Edit: If it makes you feel better GL wanted her to die.

http://starwars.com/watch/the-wrong-jedi-featurette.html

Bah, well that's just lame. The series could've gone out in a really interesting way, but instead, it just whimpers because the people involved don't have the balls to do what's needed to be done to make it great.

Instead she'll probably be used as a cashcow in the future... do we really need to whore her out?

Never got into this series, as I was always miffed about them retconning Genndy Tartakovsky's original Clone Wars series to make way for this.

Still am.

Saw the CW animated film when it came out; wasn't impressed; so pursued the new series no further.

I understand Lucasfilm's decision to focus on this though. They needed to propagate the Star Wars fanbase by attracting younger people. 5 years later, that targeted demographic is older, and perhaps is now ready for something more mature. Regardless of that, however, I don't know if we can tell how long 'Film intended to keep the young-demographic-focus, because the changes that are happening now are a result of the decision to continue making main films, as opposed to following earlier plans.

In any case, hopefully older fans will get something good soon.

No. No. No. No ****ing movie, please. Keep it as a series.

They started it with a movie; seems reasonable that they should end with one.

IMO Ahsoka should be killed by Palpatine, and then Palpatine frames the Jedi for the crime. That would definitely push Anakin further down the dark side.

And for good measure, Jar Jar needs to die in a temporal rift which destroys his entire existence.

Never got into this series, as I was always miffed about them retconning Genndy Tartakovsky's original Clone Wars series to make way for this.
Yeah I still love the micro series, but TCW came a long way from where it started, both in stories and in animation.

I wouldn't mind if Ahsoka joins the Rebel Alliance and dies in a duel with Darth Vader.
Gah!, Please no more full-fledged Jedi in the Rebel Alliance! I'm looking at you TFU!

Oh, well. Thank you, TCW for giving me a likeable Anakin and for making that arrogant twit Karen Traviss ragequit Star Wars.
Tru dat. It was nice to see Heroic Anakin.

Its been a hard five years for me as a Star Wars fan, I've been continually biting my tongue, as LF made more and more decisions that were pushing me away from my favorite thing.

I'm happy that the Clone Wars was Important and interesting for some fans, in the second Dark times era, I really am. Some of the testimonials from people since the announcement of its demise are akin to someone losing a parent or finding religion... its beyond me to be honest, but its a testament to the shows quality.

But I'm so excited about the future possibilities for Star Wars now.

Cinematic releases, Check.

Me excited about Star Wars again, Check.

New Animated series, Check, possibly more photo-realistic and adult orientated, Hopefully. Set in an unseen era, check (The Clone Wars era is the most overused era in history)

A re-thinking of how the continuity and canon is treated, fingers-crossed.

A re-launch of Starwars.com with the forums, blogs, EU-encyclopedia reinstated? Please!?

Live action films, The Expanded Universe, and fan interaction... Not much to ask for, but to me, that's all that counts.

Good times, Bad times, we all have em, Just glad its my time for some Good ones again :)

Aw, I found this show surprisingly enjoyable. :(

Oh, well. Thank you, TCW for giving me a likeable Anakin and for making that arrogant twit Karen Traviss ragequit Star Wars.

Wait, what happened with Karen Traviss? I missed that whole story apparently! lol

Wait, what happened with Karen Traviss? I missed that whole story apparently! lol

It's a long and silly story. It all happened a good four years ago, I think. In short, TCW introduced a faction of Mandalorians that didn't line up with hers (which more so fits with how they were before KotOR, not during the Clone Wars and post-Endor), so she pitched a fit like a toddler deprived of a Yoo-hoo and dropped everything she was doing Star Wars related. She's moved on to tarnish Gears of War with novels and writing the 3rd game, and Halo with books and short stories. Her departure has been quite the blessing.

Archived