Home

News:LucasFilms cancels Star wars the Clone Wars

battle111

The film was unquestionably terrible, as were most of the first couple seasons. Season 4 was when it started getting consistently good. However, there were some good episodes in the 1st and 2nd seasons, primarily "rookies"

That explains alot. I watched the entire first season and a little bit of the second before I lost interest. It felt like they used the same plotlines over again. I would expect a show to get its act together by at least the third season, though.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That explains alot. I watched the entire first season and a little bit of the second before I lost interest. It felt like they used the same plotlines over again. I would expect a show to get its act together by at least the third season, though.

The third season was boring, it was focused mostly on Padme and corruption in the senate, and stuff. Repetitive, and terrible.

Well the one thing l liked watching at the third season is when Ventris fights Dooku that fight was realy cool

I think that was season 4 if I am not mistaken, the whole dathomir plot took place there unless it took place at the end of 3. Either way, I liked most of how that was done.

"unquestionably" is a questionable term. I personally found the first two seasons to be very good (they had the most variety, and were my favourite overall), while the movie was an okay intro to the series.

Yeah, I don't think the movie belonged in movie theaters, but it would've been a solid "special" on TV. As you said, a good introduction.

Haven't seen you for a while, Prime. Might just be me, but it's nice to see you poke your head in.
Hey thanks. I still poke my head in to varying degrees of regularity. :)

I personally never watched the series, but I did watch the film. If it was easy to follow in the UK, I would probably watch it, but I believe we just get incoherent reruns of episodes.
The show improved a lot from those early days, both in story and production values.

I enjoyed TCW overall, but the quality (at least in terms of my enjoyment) varied wildly. Clone focused shows tended to be very good, where some others were outright cringe worthy.

I guess I would put my feelings like this...

Pros:

- A heroic and capable Anakin without overt whininess

- Real Kenobi and Anakin teamwork and friendship

- Some great battle scenes, lightsaber fights in particular

- A few great new characters. I like Hondo a lot, voiced by the wonderful Jim Cummings aka Minsc from BG

Cons:

- Some unnecessary and weird canon trampling

- Ashoka (more so the problems her existence introduces. I hated her personality less as time went on)

- Some terrible politics stories. Padme's character suffers for this.

- Silly battle droids

The third season was boring, it was focused mostly on Padme and corruption in the senate, and stuff. Repetitive, and terrible.

No, it wasn't. There were 5 episodes with Padmé on a season with 22 episodes. Season 3 had various great arcs: Kamino, Nightsisters, Mortis, Citadel, and Trandoshan. Not to mention the various episodes that complete previous arcs.

Yeah, I don't think the movie belonged in movie theaters, but it would've been a solid "special" on TV. As you said, a good introduction.

I agree. By putting it in theaters, people expected Pixar-like quality and budget, and unfortunately the movie was judge as such. Still, it made a good amount of money which supposedly helped make the series what it is (was) today.

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked TCW too, but seeing as it had a good run, I think it might be best if it stopped there.... Did anyone else get the feeling that they were trying to lower the target age? I mean, here in the UK, the feature film went straight to McDonald's models. Obviously, it was a fantastic series, and I'm really glad it happened, but I feel that if it got carried on too much, that would affect episodes 7,8,9 and make them 'tamer', not to mention the route Star Wars games would take... Kotor ii for example, would be a bit of a heavy game for a kid who gets happy meals.. What you guys think?

The microseries is great too! Sometimes I think I'm the only one who likes the microseries. :(

Durge, Ventress, Dooku, and the terrifying Grievous really give the CIS a awesome image.

Oh no, I'm a huge fan of the micro series.

Archived