Home

Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 And Star Wars: First Assault

RoxStar

So much for a new JKA game,so much for a new Battlefront game,so much for a new KOTOR game, and so much for a new RC game...not that they were in development.

For the new TCW spin-off:

"Yes, for the first time ever time travel will be introduced into the Star Wars Saga"

Proof that Disney is ruining SW.And it's even worse when you have a Star Trek dirrector for a Star Wars movie...unless that doesn't get cancled too...

Au man!! thank's for nothing Disney !! first they Destryed TCW now Lucasarts get's shut down and all the project like a new Kotor or a JK game gets canceled forever thank's for nothing Disney

Actualy JK wasn't cancled.They never thought on making one as far as i know.KOTOR III...i don't know.As far as i know everything is just a rumor.The same goes for RC.George Lucas shouldn't have sold his company.He should have and could have made the 3 movies he had in mind,he could have made some games other than TFU and TOR and so much more.His descission to sell his company for such a low price is illogical...unless that he really didn't want to bother with SW anymore.He himsel said that SW is preventing him from other projects(just like in the past) but that did not ment that he should give it away to someone who will ruin it(Every destruction has a begining.Lucas Arts going out of the picture is obviously the first majour step).

Au man!! thank's for nothing Disney !! first they Destryed TCW now Lucasarts get's shut down and all the project like a new Kotor or a JK game gets canceled forever thank's for nothing Disney

They wouldn't never make new Kotor Or JK Game, so stop BS'ing, and with TCW was good point.

LucasArts was never going to rise from its hole of failure that it was in in its final years. I mean, come on, their last game released was Kinect Star Wars, what does that tell us? Sure, we had 1313 in the works, but this is a company that has been repeatedly failing for years and I'm sure Disney thought that they were just needlessly wasting money on the division entirely.

It's the harsh truth but LucasArts would've died eventually with or without Disney, Disney just sped up the process.

• 3 weeks later...

It's just one of those things. Like a friend or family member terminally ill or injured with no hope of getting better. Dreading their being alive while they're agonizing, scared to see them go. Ok, maybe we didn't feel *that* close to L.A. Still, anyone get what I'm saying, though?

We knew this was coming, but it still doesn't make it any easier to bear. Though perhaps now that it has come to pass, it's a relief now that it's finally over.

And yet on the positive side, the do-nothing media critics will basically go away, the games' modding communities will light up allowing innovative fans an unprecedented level of freedom for creativity, and you never know what the future brings.

@IG-64...tfw I heard the announcement. Your pic captures it nicely. I'll just snatch a download if you don't mind. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like Disney just signed a "multi-year" agreement with EA (everyone's favorite!) to develop future Star Wars titles. The PR statement explicitly name drops DICE, Bioware, and Visceral for future titles. Perhaps this means a new Battlefront and KOTOR? Who knows what the plan is for Visceral... maybe a videogame adaptation of the "Death Troopers" EU novel? :p

Today it was announced that Lucasfilm Ltd. and Disney Interactive are entering into a multi-year, multi-title exclusive licensing agreement with Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) for the creation of new high quality Star Wars games spanning multiple genres for console, PC, mobile, and tablets.

Industry leaders and creators of best-in-class blockbuster games, the development and publishing teams at EA will collaborate with the creative teams at Lucasfilm to provide audiences with all-new gaming experiences set in the ever-expanding Star Wars galaxy. As part of the agreement, EA studio teams DICE (Battlefield series) and Visceral (Dead Space series) will join BioWare (Mass Effect series, Star Wars: The Old Republic) in the development of new Star Wars games.

"Our number one objective was to find a developer who could consistently deliver our fans great Star Wars games for years to come," said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. "When we looked at the talent of the teams that EA was committing to our games and the quality of their vision for Star Wars, the choice was clear."

While EA studios will develop for the core Star Wars gaming audience, Disney Interactive will focus on delivering new Star Wars games for casual audiences on mobile, social, tablet, and online gaming platforms.

"This agreement demonstrates our commitment to creating quality game experiences that drive the popularity of the Star Wars franchise for years to come," said John Pleasants, co-president of Disney Interactive. "Collaborating with one of the world's premier game developers will allow us to bring an amazing portfolio of new Star Wars titles to fans around the world."

"Every developer dreams of creating games for the Star Wars universe," said EA Labels President Frank Gibeau. "Three of our top studios will fulfill that dream, crafting epic adventures for Star Wars fans. The new experiences we create may borrow from films, but the games will be entirely original with all new stories and gameplay."

More information, including titles in development, will be announced in the coming months. Continue to check StarWars.com for updates on the future of Star Wars gaming.

http://starwars.com/news/electronic-arts-selected-for-multi-year-agreement-for-the-future-of-star-wars-gaming.html

oh shut the **** up

Oh, I'm sorry - I was unaware that my opinion (and, for that matter, two indisputable facts (they did win Worst Company in America, and the new SimCity was widely ridiculed to say the least)) was valid enough to warrant a reply yet not valid enough to warrant a constructive, intelligent, properly written reply. In future, I shall be certain not to share my opinions on the offchance that you disagree with them, as there is nothing I fear more than people I don't know insulting what I think over the Internet.

Archived