Home

Things you like to do with the JA source code

Mizore

I considered that once the source code for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy was published, we can show things that we like that were made through the source code. These are my ideas for the single player of Jedi Academy.

1. A lightshield that can rise by clicking the right mouse button and protect you from direct hits from blasters, missiles, disruptor rifle ray, concussion rifle projectiles, among others.

2. A lightsaber that pressing a button will become lightwhip and through the Force that has long range.

3. Improve the ​​enemy and ally AI.

4. Improve the graphics.

5. Faster blasters and most shooters to carry heavy weapons.

6. Firearms must be recharged.

7. Animations for unsheathe weapons.

8. A limit of three weapons more the saber for the player.

9. Self-regenerative shield for both the player and the Force users enemies and allies.

10. Force push and Force pull could be fired as fast as you press the buttons, could be loaded and could be regulated in scope and breadth: the extreme are long range but would only reach an individual and have a 360 degrees but only short range.

11. Force speed would spend Force points only gradually and could be deactivated immediately to press the Force speed button.

12. Force users enemies and allies could trigger Force speed without you I've activated first.

13. Force sense passive as radar and Force sense active as night vision.

14. Force health passive in the highest level.

15. Mind trick as invisibility or adopt the appearance of an enemy.

16. Force absorb and Force protect would only be activated while you're pressing the buttons.

17. Force lightning would like a natural lightning and it could be regulated to shoot continuously or on timely manner and in scope and breadth.

18. Force rage passive is activated only if you hit multiple enemies in a row.

19. Force grip would do only harm enemies without raising them, but at the highest level could instantly kill several non-Force users and long range.

20. Force drain only deprive you of life, not Force points.

21. New Force powers: psychokinesis, with which you can grasp inert and living objets without making them damage, pyrokinesis, which allows you to attack with fire and criokinesis that lets you attack with freeze.

22. A grapple hook.

23. To hold the edges of a platform.

What thoughts do you have?

1(i bet that you want this XD),3(all AI would be fun to thinker with :p),4(JKA Overhaul not enough for you? :p),9(same as 1 XD),11(a great idea!),the second 10(that's one hell of a smart AI! XD),13(this is already possible XD),18(that would be cheating The Force XD),19(crazy but awesome XD),20(JKO could use one XD),21(Tomb Raider into Star Wars?Noooo. XD)

My ideas:

Make JA Unlimited compatable for 1.00 version of the game. XD

there are some nice ideas indeed, but i've been thinking about the force powers for quite a while, when i played TFU 1 and 2 I liked how simple the force powers were set. few basic powers like grip, push, lightening and then combined to make very powerful powers. By far, TFU 1 had a nice feel of becoming stronger.

Also i would to see stuff like inventory management ingame and when you grab a mission in JA i would like to leave only with my lightsaber, using gun feels totally "uncivilised" (quoting Obi Wan). I know that JA has only stromtroopers to be mostly slain but i also would like to see NPCs like in TFU games that can fight with melee weapons and has shields that can stop a light saber and make you feel hell where-ever you are. Reborns are fun but unchalenging, i think.

co-op for the SP would be nice to see it implemented :p

21(Tomb Raider into Star Wars?Noooo. XD)

I am pleased that you have fun my ideas, but if a normal human being can grab onto a ledge, also a Jedi should be able to.

there are some nice ideas indeed, but i've been thinking about the force powers for quite a while, when i played TFU 1 and 2 I liked how simple the force powers were set. few basic powers like grip, push, lightening and then combined to make very powerful powers.

Maybe pyrokinesis and criokinesis abound, but TFU series lacks Force pull, Force Speed ​​and Force Sense, which I find indispensable. Also, why the Sith are trained only to throw lightning? We could have a skill set to throw various things, such as plasma projectiles, ice at absolute zero projectiles, etc.

I know that JA has only stromtroopers to be mostly slain but i also would like to see NPCs like in TFU games that can fight with melee weapons and has shields that can stop a light saber and make you feel hell where-ever you are. Reborns are fun but unchalenging, i think.

I agree, but I would do that only Force users are really challenging, with self-regenerative shields and lightshields.

well in the SW Expanded Universe (books+ comics) the the witches of Dathomir can use "spells" to use water, fire and maybe wind (air). Here is an idea, as i said in my previous post using combinations of basic force powers are a nice thing to have, then it would be possible to choose which power a player would want to learn, i.e. push/pull, sense and force speed/jump are the default force power like when Kyle in JO needs to go to the Jedi Academy to relearn his powers, then after a while (XP based or mission based, maybe?) the players unlocks additional powers, water, fire, wind, lightening.

Wait,wait with the source code you can create like your own game ?? or something l'm full of questions

Yes, the modders with programming skills with the source code for JO and JA may change things that before they could not change, which would make an unofficial sequel to JA, for example.

Well the things l would like to do with the sorce code probably create my own perfect gamemode for Jedi Outcast by using the source code also with best options like with the RGB saber mode or with the Jet pack mode and with a class selection mode that you can select your class as beeing a soldier or a bounty hunter or a Dark Jedi Guardian or a Jedi Master and more ideas what to do with the source code keep rushing in my head also your ideas are not bad Mizore good ideas !!

I made a simple mod to make the saber users more powerful. If you think they die too easily increase their health a little and give them force heal 3 and drain 3.

My mod also gave them different color sabers so it wasn't always red. I reserved red and purple for the real bad guys/gals.

24. The fighting styles with the lightsaber would differ in more defensive or more offensive, not more speed or more damage.

25. When you grip on an enemy, then he/she pushes you, the enemy away from you or turn quickly lightsaber.

26. That Force users enemies activate a cable hook to prevent falls when you throw them on the cliffs.

27. Ability to customize the lightsaber: to add or not a dead man switch, a silencer and to extend the blade of the lightsaber to attack enemies with shields.

25 i didn't understand that one

26 only if you can aim at the cable hook to prevent it front coming back - just NO

27 not a bad idea though there isn't much to do in a lightsaber, if in the EU each light saber is unique upgrading them would require making a new entirely.

25 i didn't understand that one

In JA and JO, if you grip (level 2 or 3) on an enemy with lightsaber, the enemy's lightsaber deactivates and the enemy pushes you, but after a while the enemy is still and with lightsaber off, which you can be leveraged to heavy beatings. It is a mistake of the IA (absent in bosses) that I solved by making the enemy apart from you or turn quickly the lightsaber.

26 only if you can aim at the cable hook to prevent it front coming back - just NO

Could be both, and both the player and the enemies.

In JA and JO, if you grip (level 2 or 3) on an enemy with lightsaber, the enemy's lightsaber deactivates and the enemy pushes you, but after a while the enemy is still and with lightsaber off, which you can be leveraged to heavy beatings. It is a mistake of the IA (absent in bosses) that I solved by making the enemy apart from you or turn quickly the lightsaber.

oh alright, kinda nice thinking

Could be both, and both the player and the enemies.
that one will be a pain, i meaning JA has the most complex gameplay that i know of. to implement that i would have to think about remaking the combos, and etc to be less complex. kinda like "Brink" but i don't want a SMART key that does every thing in game.

• 2 weeks later...

28. The most interesting thing would make the Force powers are like the powers of Advent Rising game, which are similar to the powers of The Force Unleashed but better, but this will probably require another engine:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

In my view, the most interesting thing would make the Force powers are like the powers of Advent Rising game, which are similar to the powers of The Force Unleashed but better, but this will probably require another engine:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

nope that wouldn't require a new engine it would require new animations and code related stuff to implement it on OpenJK. It is totally possible to do it since the JA and Jo source code are Open Sourced, OpenJK that is the main project has been busy to bug fix and adding new stuff to the games' source code. JK2 and JA can be run from a single *.exe, check the 1st post of this topic, which was updated today.

29. Being able to throw the lightsaber as far as the eye reaches.

30. Being able to direct the lightsaber from a perspective located in the lightsaber.

31. Being able to attack enemies through walls.

32. Being able to detonate missiles before they impact you.

• 1 month later...
Absolutely nothing suggested here requires the full source code. All of it can, and has, been done with just the original SDK.

[sarcasm]oh thank you, our world would come to an end without your statement. [/sarcasm]

yeah most of it could be made, not all. "has been done"? show me because i can't find it all on the web or maybe you have a secret pandora box with all of that has been suggested in this topic.

Wow, whiny. I was pointing out that you don't need the source code, the SDK code is sufficient.

And yes all of it can be done, not "most", ALL.

More to the point, nothing mentioned here is even hard to do. The new model for the grapnel hook and the animations would take the most time.

I don't see any value in these suggested changes. But if you want to do it, go for it.

I would be happy to help if you get stuck on something.

Also, I don't think you know what "Pandora's Box" means.

Archived