Home

Things you like to do with the JA source code

Mizore

lol, prove me wrong that all of this can be done with only the sdk. Oh make it SP and MP compatible, since you seem to be almighty in this knowledge. also "whiny"? really? is that all you came out with?

All you did point out was absolutely nothing. have you done all that? because for the past 9 ~10 years that i play this game i've haven't seen most of that in mods.

wonder if you did go to wikipedia to check what Pandora's box is.

Absolutely nothing suggested here requires the full source code. All of it can, and has, been done with just the original SDK.

This may be true for multiplayer, but not true for single player, and I am interested in the single player.

I don't see any value in these suggested changes.

It's a shame, because I think that while the gameplay radically alter, a lightshield would do that the Jedi are more consistent in insisting on the defense, while Advent Rising powers seem very fun and would be great to see them in JA.

This may be true for multiplayer, but not true for single player, and I am interested in the single player.

It's a shame, because I think that while the gameplay radically alter, a lightshield would do that the Jedi are more consistent in insisting on the defense, while Advent Rising powers seem very fun and would be great to see them in JA.

Thank you. I would frenzy on this dude. :p

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Mizore, the shield style is being packaged together and set up for release.

I'm still wanting more styles added to the game. After x-mas I'll be getting a new computer to run the programs neccessary to do so. So far the plan is Makashi, Jar'Kai, and a staff version of Djem So.

I certainly do! Keep em coming :)

i'm also interested in your input. :thmbup1:

Thanks, that's good to know.

Hey Mizore, the shield style is being packaged together and set up for release.

Good news! Two questions: is the shield will be able to protect missile, concussion projectiles or disintegrating rays? And what will be a sci-fi shield, similar to this?

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/027/d/6/paladin_become_jedi_by_mizorejedi-d5sx8me.jpg

Thanks you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't do it, but the biggest thing I'd want to see are robust, intelligent bots that can be used in any game mode, but especially siege.

I'm talking Bots that will take leadership roles and issue orders or follow orders given by the "leader" (player so-designated). If you could spawn a bot of a specific class, that bot would know what to do on that map using that class, etc. More complex but even cooler would be bots that would use vehicles properly (including starfighters in Siege Destroyer2/asteroids).

That and fixing that "stuttering camera" bug for the swoop bikes on Siege_Destert and the "cloak stops working" bug Lando on the same map.

A lot of stuff can already be done in the game that doesn't require the source, but now that it's out, it seems the sky is the limit, though the number of modders with the time and talent to do it has really narrowed. I can understand it's tough to dedicate that kind of effort to a game that's considered so "old" but I hope somebody takes it up.

After all, this is still the best franchise of online Star Wars action games (unless you're a MMMO fan... but can you even mod those games?).

Archived