Home

Daft Punk fans?

urluckyday

i wouldn't call myself a huge Daft Punk fan, but i've definitely been wanting to see some new stuff from them for a while now (the Tron: Legacy soundtrack only partially counts in my book). been getting my electro fix from Deadmau5 and assorted dubstep, but i could really use a shot of their creativity.

Big fan here, although I'd say my peak "fandom" was around 1997- 2002, not because they began to suck or anything, just that those were the years I was Clubbing and being mainstream, like going to shows, DJ sets and clubs across Europe. after that I went back to my classic Rock roots and less of a party lifestyle. But yes, I will definitely be getting this album, and the sneak peak track is sweet.

i wouldn't call myself a huge Daft Punk fan, but i've definitely been wanting to see some new stuff from them for a while now (the Tron: Legacy soundtrack only partially counts in my book). been getting my electro fix from Deadmau5 and assorted dubstep, but i could really use a shot of their creativity.

I think the reason why I love Daft Punk so much is because they really fill sort of a niche that they created. Like there's just no way to put a finger on their type of music. Where as Deadmau5 and others fit into dubstep, Daft Punk just kind of has a genre on its own.

Big fan here, although I'd say my peak "fandom" was around 1997- 2002, not because they began to suck or anything, just that those were the years I was Clubbing and being mainstream, like going to shows, DJ sets and clubs across Europe. after that I went back to my classic Rock roots and less of a party lifestyle. But yes, I will definitely be getting this album, and the sneak peak track is sweet.

Disco is back, baby!

I kinda like Get Lucky, but it's definitely not one of the best tracks

EDIT: Well, lemme add to that. It's amazing. Definitely gets better with each listen. God I can't help but uncontrollably sing along.

It's definitely different. This isn't Daft Punk's first inclusion of a noticeable amount of lyrics into their music but after the mechanical nature of the "Human After All" album (which I still enjoyed), this is a welcome return. Daft Punk's style just changes so drastically with EVERY album they come out with and that's one of the biggest reasons why I love them - but no matter what, they always make it so funky!

Based on this song alone, I think we're looking at an album jam-packed with funky grooves which are reminiscent of the disco era - something that I'm definitely looking forward to.

Also keep in mind that this is specifically termed the "radio edit" of Get Lucky. I saw somewhere that the full album version is over 6 minutes long which would leave me to believe that there are more guitar riffs and you hear some more from the "robots."

I hope they'll be doing the score for the next Tron movie too when it eventually comes out.

I have to imagine that they'd be asked. With Daft Punk's record of not wanting to create the same sound over multiple albums, it's unclear as to whether or not they would want to do another Tron soundtrack.

• 3 weeks later...
This was the track that got me in to daft punk, I picked it up by accident on Vinyl for a DJ set back in like 1996 I think... Classic

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Couldn't have been 1996, since the album was released in 1997. Doesn't really matter though, the song is great :D

I wasn't even a year old when that album was released.

But oh my god I have done nothing but listen to Random Access Memories over and over. What a brilliant return!

Agreed! It's oh so fresh and different - exactly what the people need right now. I was so surprised to see that you could stream the entire album from iTunes ahead of the release date, but it's absolutely great. It's also nice because it kinda forces you to listen to the album all at once which is the way that you're supposed to listen to it, so you get the full experience.

Couldn't have been 1996, since the album was released in 1997. Doesn't really matter though, the song is great :D

We're talking white label promos here :) most of the singles from that album were released as early as 95'

There's just something so refreshing about everything Daft Punk puts out. Revolution 909 was the first song I heard from Daft Punk that wasn't on the Discovery album. That's when I knew that I LOVED Daft Punk and not just an album they did. Such a classic.

Archived