Home

Daft Punk fans?

urluckyday

Now that I've listened to a couple of tracks on the new album, I've noticed that with Random Access Memories, Daft Punk strayed from their usual French House signature style and have incorporated a bit more pop elements. I noticed this in their other albums, too. It's been a bit of a slow transition, starting with the vocals in One More Time and Digital Love, then those in Human After All like Technologic, and now almost all of the tracks in RAM have vocals. I'm not sure what I feel about this. Honestly, Homework was their best album.

Now that I think about it, this transition reminds me of Pendulum's, from Hold Your Colour to In Silico.

So Random Access Memories came out today. It's the first time I've heard it since I refuse to install iTunes on my PC. Anyway, apart from the odd few songs I really like it. What are peoples thoughts? Especially people who have been long time fans, because as you'll know if you look above, I've only just really found out about them.

This is what happens when an artist gets "tired" of making the same type of music over and over again. Daft Punk evolves with every single album they release. There is honestly no way to put your finger on what their "style" is...and that's why they're so great.

As a long-time Daft Punk fan, I can say with 100% honesty that this album was an absolutely euphoric experience for me. Daft Punk has always been about what is fresh and different - heck, not even One More Time was a runaway hit when it first came out. Just like the opening song suggests, there's just no life in music anymore. Life is about taking risks - and making music that is filled with this energy and passion is about taking risks as well. Sure, they may have alienated fans who fell in love with "One More Time" and the Discovery album as a whole, but there are plenty of other artists to fill your EDM void if that's all you're looking for - a rehash.

This album literally has EVERYTHING. Sounds from every phase of Daft Punk's lineage. On top of that, you'd be hard-pressed to find an album with better production quality - it sounds so incredibly polished.

Do yourself a favor...listen to this album as a whole - let it sink in - then listen to it again. Then form your opinions of it. I thank God that I am alive to hear such wonderful music. What an achievement.

I cannot recommend Random Access Memories highly enough. Your ears will love you for it.

This is what happens when an artist gets "tired" of making the same type of music over and over again. Daft Punk evolves with every single album they release. There is honestly no way to put your finger on what their "style" is...and that's why they're so great.

As a long-time Daft Punk fan, I can say with 100% honesty that this album was an absolutely euphoric experience for me. Daft Punk has always been about what is fresh and different - heck, not even One More Time was a runaway hit when it first came out. Just like the opening song suggests, there's just no life in music anymore. Life is about taking risks - and making music that is filled with this energy and passion is about taking risks as well. Sure, they may have alienated fans who fell in love with "One More Time" and the Discovery album as a whole, but there are plenty of other artists to fill your EDM void if that's all you're looking for - a rehash.

This album literally has EVERYTHING. Sounds from every phase of Daft Punk's lineage. On top of that, you'd be hard-pressed to find an album with better production quality - it sounds so incredibly polished.

Do yourself a favor...listen to this album as a whole - let it sink in - then listen to it again. Then form your opinions of it. I thank God that I am alive to hear such wonderful music. What an achievement.

I cannot recommend Random Access Memories highly enough. Your ears will love you for it.

Very enlightening. I will go through and listen to each track again and really hone down on each track. I agree I think that what entices me so much about Daft Punk is their very different style to anything I've listened to before. If you listen to Giorgio by Moroder at about 1:10 he talks about how he wanted to create an album spanning every era, and add new elements also.

It's about time more artists experimented with music in this way, so many new releases are so similar in both style and message they become so monotonous it makes me sad for the future of music.

God I love your energy and vibe :L

I waited until midnight when it was activated on iTunes to get that bad boy on my iPhone...Needed it!!

So Random Access Memories came out today. It's the first time I've heard it since I refuse to install iTunes on my PC. Anyway, apart from the odd few songs I really like it. What are peoples thoughts? Especially people who have been long time fans, because as you'll know if you look above, I've only just really found out about them.

Its no discovery, but I do agree that there is a lot of good and not that much meh in it.

I hope they'll be doing the score for the next Tron movie too when it eventually comes out.

As do I, with my late reply. I'll probably buy the movie and soundtrack a lot sooner this time.

Anyway, I have listened to them for a while, although save for the Legacy soundtrack, I don't have any of their albums. Perhaps a song or two from Itunes, but I might consider getting RAM.

As do I, with my late reply. I'll probably buy the movie and soundtrack a lot sooner this time.

Anyway, I have listened to them for a while, although save for the Legacy soundtrack, I don't have any of their albums. Perhaps a song or two from Itunes, but I might consider getting RAM.

Listen to it on Spotify or YouTube or whatever. Listen to the whole album a couple of times all at once, and then you'll best be able to decide if you enjoy it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived