Home

New JK Inspired Game - KINGDOMS RISE

Mittens31

Hi there fellow JK fans!

My name is Leigh and I am one of 2 developers currently building a new game called Kingdoms Rise.

Kingdoms Rise takes inspiration from the awesome fun I have had playing Jedi Knight, Dota, Mount&Blade and other multiplayer titles.

What I want to do here is reach out to the more hardcore Jedi Knight community and ask you guys to be a part of shaping KR into something you enjoy.

This game is for us/you, so please help us make it something you are wanting, as fellow JK fans.

Here's a couple of screenshots and video of KR to give you an idea of where the game is at now and what it looks like.

kingdomsrise_small.jpg

cave_testmap_tigs.jpg

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

http://www.indiedb.com/games/kingdoms-rise/videos/more-recent-fighting-footage

Please tell us what you think and If you want to play it for yourself just say so, that can be arranged

those graphics look stunning. very different from the JK games in that regard, lol...

the video does not look like a star wars game though. they're using swords, if im not mistaken.

then again, i guess you never claimed it was a star wars game; for some reason thats what i was expecting though. still, it looks pretty cool! its got potential for sure.

Ok, thanks for all the feedback guys, I'll address each thing as it came in;

@Dominus_Scotus: Nope this isn't a SW game, it's set in our own fantasy setting

@JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan: Yes, we planned to work on this game for the duration of 2013 and then get selling it after that, we hope to have a beta that we can pre-sell earlier than that though, so it may very well go on sale during this year, God willing

@setlec: if my above response didn't answer it, we started developing at the beginning of 2013, so about 4 months

@Mizore and @katanamaru: I totally agree, after refreshing myself at JK we have gone and increased the pace of combat substantial, check the video bellow for how it is currently

@battle111: we have a low/mid range PC here, it runs the game exceptionally well, I can't quote any specific figures as to RAM requirements, but I do know that it is less than 4gigs, since that is our limit. My laptop struggles on the cathedral map, but runs fine otherwise (and its a laptop)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived