Home

Your Favorite Sabers

VarsityPuppet

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that VP has permission from Chainz but does that include the rest of the USM team? Plus I wasn't sure if Chainz was behind the BA-122 or not.

Just now I looked at the credits for the USM mod and it looks like Chainz made the following,

Xia Terashai's Short Saber

Disciple's "Agenda" Lightsaber

Segan Wyndh Long Saber

Zez-Kai Ell's Double Saber

BA-122 Prototype Double Saber

So I guess all is good.

• 2 weeks later...

I was speaking with my brother recently (also a KotOR player), and he brought up the fact that Keen is not used very much in the saber modifications that do big damage; you have to sacrifice damage or stat boost to get better critical rating. Could you put Keen on a saber or two so tis isn't a issue?

Another Update: Darth Traya's hilt. Of course it will be available for use as a saber hilt and for the final battle with Kreia herself.

I actually modeled the top and bottom parts after the Trayus core.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
2ei.png

Thoughts, suggestions? Should that red light change with the blade color? Do I need better symbols on the hilt?

Another Update: Darth Traya's hilt. Of course it will be available for use as a saber hilt and for the final battle with Kreia herself.

I actually modeled the top and bottom parts after the Trayus core.

Show spoiler
2ei.png

Thoughts, suggestions? Should that red light change with the blade color? Do I need better symbols on the hilt?

Amazing work! If the saber is named after Kreia/Traya, then no the red should be static. I think it would look better a bit darker red, unless that's just because of the rendering that it looks that light.

I've 2 ways of looking at this.

Kreia's Philosophy Approach

Show spoiler
It seems almost silly to have to spoiler this but Kreia starts as a Jedi, then becomes a Sith, and then winds up being neither. She is simply Kreia. Since she isn't tied to a particular code, neither should her saber.

The Simple Approach

In the beginning of the game, she is wielding a green saber not a red one. If an argument is to made for a static color, it should be that color.

I'm not terribly invested in this so I don't wish to personally debate this. (Besides, it's VP that needs the suggestions.)

^ Yes. Gosh, that font is beautiful. Also looks disturbingly like Hebrew.

Well, the history behind that font is that it was used on Darth Vader's light-up breathing apparatus box.

sithprophecy_compare1.jpg

Read more about it here.

I now have access to all of KDJ's HOTOR hilts. Been thinking all of his double-bladed sabers will make it into the mod. Any others that you guys would like to see? It's not that I can't think of any to add, there are just a lot to go through with gmax and everything.

Well, there's no saber customizing. (As in individual parts). That indeed would be a large undertaking. There will just be a lot of saber schematics to choose from.

Mine and Canderis' goal is to have schematics for all the Jedi Masters, all of the Sith Lords, for each prestige class and for each basic Jedi Class.

I figure party member sabers could just be filled in by USM sabers.

Eventually, we'd like to get all of the USM sabers ported over and a good number of HOTOR sabers.

Ideally, if we could get every saber ported over that'd be cool, but it'd also be cool to get people to contribute more sabers and make it sort of a community driven mod.

Well, the history behind that font is that it was used on Darth Vader's light-up breathing apparatus box.

sithprophecy_compare1.jpg

Read more about it here.

That's quite interesting. Kinda relieving that it doesn't spell out anything coherent. Thanks for the linky!

Any plans to use sabers from KDJ's TOR Series Saber Mod?

Sure, why not? KDJ has granted me permission to use all of his saber hilts.

Also, the first video of the Saber Console in action!

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Update:

The scope of this mod has changed. Instead of making a new set of Sabers (as originally stated), we will instead be focusing on converting USM hilt, HOTOR hilts and any other random hilts to be compatible with this mod.

Only 3 sabers (modeled by your truly) will be included and will be known as the Sith Lords pack. As you might imagine, they will be the sabers of Darth Sion, Nihiuls and Traya. After converting all of the saber models, maybe I'll have some inspiration to try some other hilts.

Anywho, I'll offer updates as we go along converting USM and HOTOR hilts

Archived