Home

Szico VII

are you sure that is for Jk/JA? damn thins is looking amazing!! at first i thought it was taken from Doom 3 but after having a good look, i got confused if you are making those maps to look so good what went wrong at LA to make something this good?

ahem...back on topic :D New shots - started to detail in the sides. The idea is this area is basically an excavation type structure for the purpose of hollowing out new space to build labs from inside the moons crust. Alas, there's underwater rivers flowing through the area which have been pierced by the drilling ;D

And yes, I plan to make the crane operable. And will add an actual hook and stuff to it.

moonbase034.jpg

moonbase035.jpg

moonbase036.jpg

moonbase037.jpg

Its a rather convoluted setup combining alpha fade, environment maps and various tcmod/turb options plus a few others on the floor underneath (combined with some radiant brushwork/patch tricks)- spent a few hours making it look right with the water. Glad that's done. Its not perfect but its pretty good now I think! New pics:

moonbase039.jpg

moonbase040.jpg

moonbase041.jpg

That first detail screenshot looks really awesome. It's just supposed to be like a little stream that's leaking down into the chasm thing?

Yeah, the idea is that whilst expanding the base (hence mining out a new cavern) they hit an underground water chamber and its leaking through the walls and down into the chasm!

Its for MP - but there are tentative plans for an COD style zombies SP mode too.

Yeah, the idea is that whilst expanding the base (hence mining out a new cavern) they hit an underground water chamber and its leaking through the walls and down into the chasm!

That's awesome. I love how even your MP maps always have a little mini-story to them.

Archived