Home

Best Nvidia Card for Kotor 1 and 2?

Col_Zechs

• 3 weeks later...

If you're looking for a new card, anything GTX 650 and above should play the KotOR games just fine at just about any resolution. The GTX 650 can be found for as low as $70 after mail-in rebate.

If you're looking for a used one, an 8800 GT or better will play these games at resolutions up to 1080p. 8800 GTs can be found on ebay for less than $30.

If you're looking for a new card, anything GTX 650 and above should play the KotOR games just fine at just about any resolution. The GTX 650 can be found for as low as $70 after mail-in rebate.

If you're looking for a used one, an 8800 GT or better will play these games at resolutions up to 1080p. 8800 GTs can be found on ebay for less than $30.

thanks

• 4 months later...
I have a GTX 660 Ti and it runs fine. It also runs Hi-Res Skyrim at Ultimate with no problem. You can find this for < $200 right now (though I don't know if they still have the cards with 3gb of GDDR)

thanks a lot!!

660 ti 2 GB eh?? goodness ... looks like this one needs lot of energy doesn't it? 450W minimal power source requirement eh??

Skyrim at high res ... perfect. With this one are u running just TSL, or KotOR too?? :raise:

thanks for the feedback :thmbup1:

"I have a GTX 660 Ti and it runs fine. It also runs Hi-Res Skyrim at Ultimate with no problem."

EDIT: Q will correct me if I am wrong, but I think you may be over-thinking this (though I absolutely relate to the desire to "do your homework"). Based on what I've read, the only issues KotOR/TSL have ever had, graphics card-wise, have been with integrated chips (i.e. laptops, cheap PCs, etc) or cards that didn't meet the minimum requirements at release.

"I have a GTX 660 Ti and it runs fine. It also runs Hi-Res Skyrim at Ultimate with no problem."

EDIT: Q will correct me if I am wrong, but I think you may be over-thinking this (though I absolutely relate to the desire to "do your homework"). Based on what I've read, the only issues KotOR/TSL have ever had, graphics card-wise, have been with integrated chips (i.e. laptops, cheap PCs, etc) or cards that didn't meet the minimum requirements at release.

yeah I'm probably overreacting and doing excesive "homework" for this hehheh but u know ... I remember GeForce cards "above" 8800 not recognizing KotOR at all ... and working good with TSL ... so with GTX series ... I want to double check just in case ...

also for me ... correct me if I'm wrong ... ;)

thx

KotOR 1 & 2 both play wonderfully on the most modern Nvidia cards with just a few tweaks.

Nvidia cards have traditionally been the choice for playing the KotOR games with all of the eye candy turned on. AMD cards still have trouble rendering stuff like grass, so some of the terrific grass mods out there won't work on them. The tradeoff is that Nvidia cards are usually more expensive than AMD cards, and sometimes that premium can be hard to justify.

If you're going to play modern games as well the bare minimum card you should be looking at is a GTX 650 TI BOOST.

KotOR 1 & 2 both play wonderfully on the most modern Nvidia cards with just a few tweaks.

Nvidia cards have traditionally been the choice for playing the KotOR games with all of the eye candy turned on. AMD cards still have trouble rendering stuff like grass, so some of the terrific grass mods out there won't work on them. The tradeoff is that Nvidia cards are usually more expensive than AMD cards, and sometimes that premium can be hard to justify.

If you're going to play modern games as well the bare minimum card you should be looking at is a GTX 650 TI BOOST.

thanks alot. Precisely the kind of feedback I was looking for.

yep, 650 ti boost to 670 u 680 should do it ;)

Archived