Home

Star Forge Bug

AielloA

I have got only one character to the Star Forge, a DSF with a bunch of mods, including Brotherhood of Solomon: Shadow's Revenge, and RedHawke's Ord Mantell. I didn't actually test either of those out (I wanted to get a complete playthough done first) so I don't know if they're corrupted. Anyways, onto my problem.

Revan just left the Ebon Hawk, went down the long ramp, and then I get the cutscene where the door seals itself behind me, a few seconds of Malak and some random Sith, and then, without any dialogue or anything, the cutscene ends. I go and open both doors, but the Assault Droids behind them aren't hostile. I can't attack them, if I double-click they just turn towards me and nothing happens, and I obviously can't go back to the Ebon hawk and try again.

I've saved, reloaded, even quit the game and gone back in, the only thing I can't do is try from an earlier save because I have the bad tendency to overwrite my old saves. Is my game hopelessly corrupted, or is there a way around this?

Please help. Thanks.

If only you asked this like 4-5 years ago, I would know for sure what the problem was. Though I've never played BoS, but from what you're describing, it sounds like some NPC files have been edited that have duplicated names in other modules. That's the thing with the KOTOR games, especially the 2nd one. Every module has a list of NPC names whereas an NPC will have a name that doesn't necessarily reflect the character that you come across in the game.

The point is from what you're describing, an NPC was edited in a particular module that is used in another module as well like in your case the Star Forge and it carries features that are designed for the module that it was edited for and it screws up the module that had the duplicate NPC name because when you put that in the override folder, it will use the same features for the same NPC names for all the modules that has that particular name.

Archived