Home

KOTOR 1/2 Working on Windows 8

kirk1994

Will anyone out there mind making a patch for kotor or TSL ? :lsduel:

I can't do it myself and if one isn't made no one can play kotor on the newer computers. I know theirs a patch that was made for vista so i hope what Im asking for isn't out of the question.

This thread explains how to install on windows vista, and works for 7 and 8 too. Keep in mind that if you have intel integrated graphics you will almost certainly experience problems, but there's plenty of fixes. I've never had a pc I couldn't get kotor to run on, and I've tried it on a lot of pcs :)

If a mod could move this to Work Bench... :D

This thread explains how to install on windows vista, and works for 7 and 8 too. Keep in mind that if you have intel integrated graphics you will almost certainly experience problems, but there's plenty of fixes. I've never had a pc I couldn't get kotor to run on, and I've tried it on a lot of pcs :)

If a mod could move this to Work Bench... :D

I still don't understand I still can't get it to work have you ever made it run on windows 8 ? How exactly did you do it?

Can anyone explain it step by step please? :confused:

If you start at the second post of the thread Vindikorr led you to you will see a step-by-step process of installing either KotOR game for Windows Vista, but it works for 7 and 8 as well. Alternatively, if you're willing to shell out a little bit of cash, you can just pick up the anniversary boxed set of the game, which - from what I've heard - installs just fine onto Windows 8 without any modifications (though I could be wrong about the boxed set).

If you start at the second post of the thread Vindikorr led you to you will see a step-by-step process of installing either KotOR game for Windows Vista, but it works for 7 and 8 as well. Alternatively, if you're willing to shell out a little bit of cash, you can just pick up the anniversary boxed set of the game, which - from what I've heard - installs just fine onto Windows 8 without any modifications (though I could be wrong about the boxed set).

Thank you! I will try that next

• 2 weeks later...

I'd have to agree with Fallen Guardian.

I bought the "collection" 2 dvd version , and it works great on my windows7, no problems , and I did not have to install any patches or updates what-so-ever. So I don't doubt that it would work easily on windows8.

When installing, it takes about a minute before it actually gets going, but once it does, and is installed, it's awsome.

And my computer is an HP with intel graphics, which, (from what I heard) isn't suppose to play the game good, Yet my computer works GREAT with the games.

:)

Also the "collection" is soo cheap on amazon, quite worth it.

I highly suggest it.

Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Knights-Republic-Bundle-Pack/dp/B00784HHUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368079317&sr=8-1&keywords=kotor

-Aaron

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived