Home

Help finding folder

DarthPlastic

Hey, soo... I used to have a bunch of mods before but I changed my pc and therefore had to reinstall All my games including kotor, now Im downloading all my mods again but WotOR by T7nowhere requires me to specify the root folder of SWKotOR, I know what to do but I cannot find the folder, any ideas?

oh, would it help to mention that I have the best of pc pack?

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't try searching for an override folder, it doesn't always get created by default. I assume your new computer is 64 bit? If so, you should see two "Program Files" directories in the C drive, "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" check both of these for a LucasArts\SWKotOR folder.

Whats the condition of the game not creating an override folder? never heard of it. On the other hand LucasArts and SWKotOR are user defined and can never be assumed to be present ( although its hilghly likely the OP is looking in program files instead of (x86). )

Installing games into Win7 programs folder is a horrible idea anyway. Next topic will be probably that the mods cant be installed or dont work.

This folder is for applications data and is write protected. User settings go into \Documents or a similar location. Older programs, games especially, dont differentiate and write into the same folder they are installed to which will lead to failures if they dont have permissions to do so. The same thing is what makes installing mods difficult, since they often modify core game files, which are specifically protected by Win7 against modifications.

Archived