Home

Playable Ithorian with animation fix

IceDzun

Do you want it? Do your own model with animations. Model is easy, but do ya think really animations are easy one?

There was seriously NO need to post that. He was just requesting it obviously if he had the skill to do it he would do it for himself, not request it. Do you know what good posting that did you? All you did is make him feel dumb for requesting it. So seriously back off I don't know what you gained from being a jerk. I honestly hope being a dick made you feel good.

-Supreme Kotor

There was seriously NO need to post that. He was just requesting it obviously if he had the skill to do it he would do it for himself, not request it. Do you know what good posting that did you? All you did is make him feel dumb for requesting it. So seriously back off I don't know what you gained from being a jerk. I honestly hope being a dick made you feel good.

-Supreme Kotor

QQ moar, if he'll more requestin he'll be more lazy, this is a truth. And i'm jerk from nature. And? He always can try, modding is not place for charity things.

@Down

Forgive me, but you aren't smart one. At frist who should do for him any model/weighting/scripting everything for nothing? Dude, aren't you from cartoon for kids or something? This is real life.

@Down 2

I don't think so Ithorian's model have good weighitng for any animation.

QQ moar, if he'll more requestin he'll be more lazy, this is a truth. And i'm jerk from nature. And? He always can try, modding is not place for charity things.

How dumb can you be? Modding is not a charity thing? I must have missed the day when modders got paid for their mods. I must have missed the day Fred Tettea got billions of dollars for making kotor tool. I must have missed the day where logan23 is getting paid to spend days of his life making RoR. People spend thier time everyday making mods for others to enjoy. If that's not charity I don't know what is.

-Supreme Kotor

Do you want it? Do your own model with animations. Model is easy, but do ya think really animations are easy one?

You know,mate,i already read threads about models and animations fixs here.So my problem is that i can't find working Gmax to replace ithorian animation with human animation.So if you or anyone else capable to help it would be great.

P:S:And as i understand correctly this is Request thread,so i see nothing wrong about asking for it,maybe somebody already done this.

P:P:S: But ofcause it is your opinion and your point of view so carry on,mate.

@Down

Forgive me, but you aren't smart one. At frist who should do for him any model/weighting/scripting everything for nothing? Dude, aren't you from cartoon for kids or something? This is real life.

Anyone who mods for KotOR is doing all the modding (modeling, weighting, scripting, dialogue writing, implementation, etc) for "nothing." They may receive enjoyment from modding or receiving feedback from others, but they cannot make money from their mods. Therefore, helping this person with his request will grant you just as much as modding for yourself (which is, according to you, nothing).

Anyway, to the OP, there are a couple people who have the right knowledge to help you out or point you in the right direction, Sithspecter and Hunters Run are two that come to mind.

Do you want to be on a forum? Do your own forum. Being rude is easy, but do ya think really permanently banning somebody is a hard one?

I gave you a chance, you ruined it. Good riddance.

IceDzun, I apologize for RPK's rude behavior. I should have perma-banned him the first time stuff like this happened, but I let him off after a couple months. Obviously this won't happen again. Carry on here, and I hope somebody will help you out with this! :thmbup1:

Do you want to be on a forum? Do your own forum. Being rude is easy, but do ya think really permanently banning somebody is a hard one?

I gave you a chance, you ruined it. Good riddance.

IceDzun, I apologize for RPK's rude behavior. I should have perma-banned him the first time stuff like this happened, but I let him off after a couple months. Obviously this won't happen again. Carry on here, and I hope somebody will help you out with this! :thmbup1:

Thanks,mate,really glad to be here:thmbup1:

Plyable Ithorian...do you mean along with changing clothing? If so, I've asked for something similar, and it's a massive undertaking (the word, 'unfeasible', was used).

Also, I think maybe the Ithorian head may get in the way. For example, a normal attack and defend animation involves the lightsaber being held in front, then brought overhead and behind the back, before returning. The arms would go through the head.

Plyable Ithorian...do you mean along with changing clothing? If so, I've asked for something similar, and it's a massive undertaking (the word, 'unfeasible', was used).

Also, I think maybe the Ithorian head may get in the way. For example, a normal attack and defend animation involves the lightsaber being held in front, then brought overhead and behind the back, before returning. The arms would go through the head.

No,mate,i will be glad without clothing change:).And i got no problem with clipping issues,i understand that ithorian model with proper animation is really hard to make,so i keep reading tutorials about modding here.So far i already find all tools for that and extract ithorian model and put it in 3dsmax with nwmplugin,now i need to understand how to switch animations:D.This is where the hard part begins for me.

Yep, switching animations is hard, I once tried with a Jawa.

I'd offer you help but I'm tied up with my own mod and you look like you're going ahead with it yourself, good luck! :D

Thanks,mate:).And how is your Jawa mod?Does it work?:thmbup1:

P:S: Any suggestions about which animation is better and have all battle animations?

Hello,everyone.I got some problem with my ithorian model - i can't export it from 3ds,when i try to export it error show up and it's says that : skin need to be selected and in the modifier panel Skin:Skin.Anybody knows what is this means?

Not really sure and this is going to sound really stupid so I apologize.

Try selecting the skin in the modifier panel. So on the right hand side just select the skin modifier and try doing the same thing again.

Tried skin select and problem still the same,but i find that file http://s1351.photobucket.com/user/IceDzun/media/Error2_zpscaf472da.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

and i bet i did something wrong :D

Tutorial. When he uses the twilek head you just use the ithorian head. :)

Ps. To reply to multiple people please use the multi quote button located next to quote and reply. Double posting is frown upon here. :)

-Supreme Kotor

Thanks for tutorial:).Tried it yesterday,it's almost worked,but i got fun result in the end, instead of only head i get full ithorian model on deffault model shoulders it was really awfull:eyes8:.After that i tried to separate ithorian head model from his body model,but instead of head i have some stretched lines in place of head,i got the feelings that i messed up with bone linking.

Thanks for tutorial:).Tried it yesterday,it's almost worked,but i got fun result in the end, instead of only head i get full ithorian model on deffault model shoulders it was really awfull:eyes8:.After that i tried to separate ithorian head model from his body model,but instead of head i have some stretched lines in place of head,i got the feelings that i messed up with bone linking.

The Ithorian (like several other characters in the KotOR games) have their heads and bodies as part of the same model.

You can still use it as a playable character, you'll just need to tweak the process slightly. Open portraits.2da and add a new line for your Ithorian. Just set each of the appearance values to 72, 243 or 244, which are the Ithorians. :)

Oh, and don't forget to set the 'forpc' column to 1. ;)

The Ithorian (like several other characters in the KotOR games) have their heads and bodies as part of the same model.

You can still use it as a playable character, you'll just need to tweak the process slightly. Open portraits.2da and add a new line for your Ithorian. Just set each of the appearance values to 72, 243 or 244, which are the Ithorians. :)

Oh, and don't forget to set the 'forpc' column to 1. ;)

Just tried it,model appears,but still without proper animation:(.Anyway thanks for the input,mate.I will keep trying;)

Archived