Home

Electronic Arts Selected for Multi-Year Agreement for the Future of Star Wars Gaming

Alexrd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry for the minor necro.... but this is a sad development.

Origin is god-awful. And I would say now, with 1003+ hours in ME3MP, that I have the experience with the software to say that with some authority.

(Not that there are lots of fans........ ;) )

WHAT?! You must be a conspiracy theorist who supports one sided news reporting! Why...origin only does what antivirus software does when it looks over all your files. You don't have anything to hide, do ya wiseguy? :p

(I kid, origin blows goats through a bubble wand. This from everyone I know who has that service.)

Well, not everyone plays TOR, and even those who do may not like account based DRM on their future singleplayer Star Wars games.
I play TOR, don't have Origin and don't plan on getting it. However, the old plan was to just play the XBox, with the ONE, that plan is shot to hell.

Sorry for the minor necro.... but this is a sad development.

Origin is god-awful. And I would say now, with 1003+ hours in ME3MP, that I have the experience with the software to say that with some authority.

What's this? Another LF'er who seriously plays ME3MP? I thought I was the only one..

Ohaithar. :p

lol i forgot i had origin and i play swtor all the time...dont see what the big ****ing deal is.

Question: How can you play TOR all the time via Orgin, and forget that you had Origin..?

Question: How can you play TOR all the time via Orgin, and forget that you had Origin..?

i never have to load it, swtor has its own launcher i guess? edit: ok i found origin, and it says update/install. so looks like i never really HAD to use it with swtor, maybe ORIGINally to get the swtor launcher, but i dont see the big deal. everyones getting all butthurt over it like when steam first came out and people were boohooing over half life 2 requiring it.

i never have to load it, swtor has its own launcher i guess? edit: ok i found origin, and it says update/install. so looks like i never really HAD to use it with swtor, maybe ORIGINally to get the swtor launcher, but i dont see the big deal. everyones getting all butthurt over it like when steam first came out and people were boohooing over half life 2 requiring it.

Yes, well, if TOR actually required Origin to run (like with ME3), then it's likely you'd be saying differently.

TOR is an MMO. There will likely not be any Star Wars MMO released the foreseeable future; any Star Wars games that gets made will be conventional SP/MP ones. EA has a policy of requiring Origin for every standard EA game since Battlefield 3. So I suppose everyone will have a taste (or rather, daily meal) of Origin soon enough.

That said though, in my opinion, Origin has improved since its earlier releases. Its a little more stable, and a bit easier to use. However, the dreaded connection issues are bad as ever. And that's where most of our frustrations lie (that, and having to install/run yet another DRM client to run our games, on top of Steam, GFWL, and Uplay :¬:).

What's this? Another LF'er who seriously plays ME3MP? I thought I was the only one..

Ohaithar. :p

In my best Kim Jong Il.... "herro!"

Wanna play sometime? Shoot me a PM and I will add you :)

lol

SWTOR does NOT require origin, never did to begin with and never will.
Indeed. If it did, I wouldn't be playing TOR. So yeah, I'm hoping future Star Wars games either make it to Steam or have a PS3/4 release (pretty likely - though I'd prefer playing something like Battlefront on the PC).

It's obligatory. One thing I liked with LucasArts was that their retail releases only required a simple disc check. No activations or 3rd party software necessary.

You don't have to be connected to the internet, and I think it makes up for the inconvenience with the massive discounts they have all the time, especially in the summer and christmas sales.

Not buy into their garbage.

Seriously, it's coming to the point in the gaming industry where I'm seriously considering boycotting certain publishers even if it means missing out on whatever sequel comes next just because of the crap they seem to think they can get away with. Xbone is pushing me to the tipping point on this issue... I'd rather not encourage them to continue being asshats.

Archived