Home

Most Anticipated Games

Vindikorr

Home front 2: if it's anything like the last one it will have a stron campaign and a decent multiplayer. (Xbox for me)

MechWarrior Online: loved the previous ones the fact that this one will have a strong multiplayer is all the better. (PC for me)

And my most anticipated game is: RoR... Yep I'm counting this as a game and even though I don't even know if it will be released this year in counting Act 1 as a game that I'm excited for. (PC for me)

-Supreme Kotor

Rome 2 Total War: after Shogun 2 cleaned up just about every major issue with the total war franchise, I'm really looking forward to burning Rome to the ground and salting the earth :p

Expeditions Conquistadors: Going to the new world before Cortez, leading a group of conquistadors, missionaries, doctors hunters etc in a game where what you say is as important as your skills with a gun is probably the best game idea I have heard in a long time. Oh, and it's already out on May 30.

Dead State: A zombie Survival RPG made by Brian Mitsoda and friends, where shooting zombies is something you want to avoid, and toilet paper is a luxury item you want to scavenge.

Planetary Annihilation: Remember Supreme Commander? The guy who gave his name to the biggest gun in that game (and was kinda important in making it as well I guess), is making a game about throwing hundreds of robots at each other and crashing asteroids into planets.

Star Wars to StarCraft. Just, please, no EA.

Considering how Star wars games are now published by EA, your point is invalid :xp:

I'm looking forward to GTA V atm, can't wait to see if they included my house into the game since I live in SoCal

Considering how I already have StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and Dead Space 3, my list is, as of right now:

StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void

Bioshock Infinite

Grand Theft Auto V

Rome II: Total War

Assassin's Creed IV (a bit tentative about it though)

Batman: Arkham Origins

Crysis 3

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Destiny

Pokemon X & Y (still need to get a 3DS)

Metro Last Light

Watch Dogs

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

And for those unannounced, not-likel-at-all, or still-no-release-date games:

Kingdom Hearts III

Doom 4

Pokemon RSEmakes

Moar Star Wars games!

Hmm, don't know if I'm anticipating these the most, but here's what I'm interested in giving a shot on my PC (what I can think of at the moment):

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Watch Dogs

Saints Row IV

GTA V

Batman Arkham Origins

Resident Evil Revelations

I'm seriously disappointed with the last Assassin's Creed game, so I'm not sure if I'll give Assassins of the Caribbean a shot. There's probably more than what I've listed, but it's late and I can't be bothered to think of them right now.

@beanlord: Friendly advice, don't waste your money buying Crysis 3, rent it if you really want to. If not, well, you can always try the People's Edition. ;)

Dreamfall Chapters and Cyberpunk 2077 are on the top of my list. Others I'm looking forward to:

-The Witcher 3

-Watch Dogs

-Project Eternity

-Star Citizen

Then there are games like Prey 2 and The Last Guardian which I'm furiously hoping are still in development but in which my hope has dwindled.

@beanlord: Friendly advice, don't waste your money buying Crysis 3, rent it if you really want to. If not, well, you can always try the People's Edition. ;)

Is that for the console version, PC version, or the game in general? I highly doubt I can rent the PC version, which is the version I'll be after once I have a rig that can handle it.

Is that for the console version, PC version, or the game in general? I highly doubt I can rent the PC version, which is the version I'll be after once I have a rig that can handle it.

I played it on the PC, but I'm talking more about the game in general. The campaign is very very short, like 4-5 hours, so if that's the main reason you'd like to play it, I'd suggest not wasting your money, at least until a serious discount happens.

Also, although the game seems to give you more freedom in your approach in the beginning, you'll realize soon that you won't be able to play quite the way you want to. Visually, it looks good, but the main visual points are the tall grass and bushes, which are everywhere. Everything else looks kind of blurry and not so detailed. Last but not least, there's a game-breaking bug at the very end (which I don't know if they fixed or not) where the final boss can get stuck behind the central obstacle and not attack you, also making you unable to attack it and unable to finish the game. I've heard that the workaround for this can be to restart the last chapter, but I wasn't willing to try it. Overall, I'd say Crysis 2 was far more entertaining.

I don't really keep up with gaming news. I'm sure there's more games I'll get when they come out, but the only game I'm currently waiting on is Saints Row IV.

Most of the time, I'll hear about a game that interest me, but I forget about it until I see it at the store or on Steam or something. Then it's like "oh hey! I wanted to get that!"

So yea, Saints Row IV is the only thing on my list at the moment.

Anticipating intriguingly:

The Elder Scrolls: Online

The Witcher 3

Dragon Age 3

The Walking Dead: Season 2

GTA V

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Watch_Dogs

Batman: Arkham Origins

Particularly excited for:

None.

I probably would be for Dragon Age 3, but it's more of a "Let's see if they can save this IP" rather than a "OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME I'M SO EXCITED".

There just isn't enough quality or innovation. Look at Skyrim. In my opinion, all you can call that game is quality. The proof being that it's still largely played and it was released in November 2011. Since that time, it hasn't even left the Top 10 list of Steam. Not once.

So what games are we all looking most forward to this year? I'm looking for some new games to get excited about.

Any game is allowed, from MMO to FPS, Indie to AAA, Star Wars to StarCraft. Just, please, no EA.

Maybe I'm getting old, but I currently don't really have any games that I'm looking forward to and can't wait to play. Maybe the final Starcraft II expansion since I'm curious to see where the campaign storyline goes, but that's hardly preorder material either. :¬:

All the big franchises and series I've followed have either ended of fizzled out into mediocrity. Mostly trying "new" games I'm being recommended and hoping for a pleasant surprise. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived