Home

3 Problems (Lighting, Scripting, and UTC File; I think...)

harIII

Hey everyone, I know it’s been a while but I’m not back. Anyways I am having great difficulty in three problems, both of them baffle my mind.

The first one is a graphics issue. I’m not sure if it’s my graphics card since it is a miserable excuse for a graphics card, the embedded intel graphics. I’m guessing it has something to do with the lighting of the module, though I’m not sure. There are strange and mysterious lines of a model of some sort criss cross throughout the area of the Dantooine Jedi Enclave. It seems that if I’m looking in the direction away from the sun, I see them. If I look towards the sun, they disappear; really quite bizarre. The only thing outside of module editing that I did to it was nothing; no reskinning, no hex editing, I only added pre-existing object to the area. Is this a problem that I can fix on my end or is it just a graphics issue due to my most luxurious graphics card and can be resolved by getting a better one.

Sorry, forgot to include the screenshot.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
jDgpIxfjOZrQg.jpg

The second problem is spawning characters, though not just any characters, but your companions. I want to be able to spawn a companion, not in their original utc file settings but will all the benefits of their weapons you currently have them wield, whatever armor / robe they are equipped with, and their stats after having been leveled up along the way. How do I spawn my companions as BioWare has spawned them whenever you entered the Ebon Hawk?

And finally the third problem, I cannot get a companion to equip her clothing. It’s one thing when you’re at the bar seeing a girl in her underwear but it makes far less sense when she’s battling the Sith Empire in nothing but her panties. When I go to equip her clothing, it just has the Clothing (literally clothing, not armor, nor robes) outlined in red and says that she, Selestia, fails to meet the requirements to wear that clothing. This isn’t the first time that I’ve seen this problem and seems to be unique to female companions alone, perhaps it is because I’m a dude? IDK. Regardless there’s a time and place for everything, and it’s time to finally figure out how to put her clothes back on… I have no idea what’s going on, but here is a list of all the important information in her utc file.

BASIC TAB – Tag (selestia), Race (Human), Phenotype (Normal), Gender (Female), Body Bag (default)

ADVANCED TAB – ResRef (selestia), No Permenent Death (checked), Subrace (none),

FEATS - (Armor Proficiency: Light, Armor Proficiency: Medium, Flurry, Implant Level 1, Improved Power Attack)

This... ahhh... is really embarassing. I... errr... had the subrace set to none but KOTOR wouldn't save it even though I click save. The game thought my cute piece of tail side kick was a Wookiee, awwwkwwward...

Any ideas anyone?

The first one is a problem with intel integrated graphics, I've had the problem myself. Try turning off grass, I think that solves it.

The second problem is to do with the onenter script for the Hawk. What it does is removes your party members when you enter the module. Since no-one has ever gotten the source code for that script (to the best of my knowledge) the only solution really is to remove the reference to the script in the .are file, but that might have some other adverse effect.

As for the third, not really sure. However Zaalbar has the same problem, perhaps it's some strange feat that's missing or an entry in the appearance.2da.

Archived