Home

Man of Steel

Alexrd

EN-US.4cdf79fa4b5b1dae1690da35a830a99b.png

From Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures comes "Man of Steel", starring Henry Cavill ("Immortals", TV's "The Tudors") in the role of Clark Kent/Superman, under the direction of Zack Snyder ("300", "Watchmen").

A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

The film also stars four-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams ("The Master") as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne ("What's Love Got to Do with It") as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar® nominee Diane Lane ("Unfaithful") and Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner ("Dances with Wolves").

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon ("Revolutionary Road"), and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue (upcoming "The Seventh Son"). Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer ("Angels and Demons"), and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe ("Gladiator").

Rounding out the cast are Christopher Meloni ("42") as U.S. military man Colonel Hardy, Harry Lennix ("State of Play") as General Swanwick, Michael Kelly ("The Adjustment Bureau") as Steve Lombard, and Richard Schiff (TV's "The West Wing") as Dr. Emil Hamilton.

"Man of Steel" is being produced by Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer from a story by Goyer & Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Entertainment. Thomas Tull, Lloyd Phillips and Jon Peters are serving as executive producers.

Zack Snyder's behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Amir Mokri ("Transformers: Dark of the Moon"); production designer Alex McDowell ("Watchmen"); editor David Brenner ("Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"); and multiple Academy Award®-winning costume designer James Acheson ("Restoration", the "Spider-Man" films) and costume designer Michael Wilkinson ("The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 and 2", "Watchmen", "300"). The music is by Academy Award®-winning composer Hans Zimmer ("The Lion King", "Inception").

Warner Bros. Pictures presents, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Syncopy Production, a Zack Snyder Film, "Man of Steel". The film will be released in 3D and 2D in select theaters and IMAX®, and is slated for release beginning June 14, 2013. It will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company

Official Site

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I'm surprised for not finding a thread about this already. Definitely my most anticipated movie this year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah this movie is really up on my list of anticipated movies. However, I think people are a little skeptical thanks to Superman Returns, which was God awful.

I think it has the potential to be the best movie of the year, other than Star Trek: Into Darkness. From what I've seen from the trailers, it resembles a lot of Batman Begins.

Here, let's fill up all the trailers, and TV Spots:

Here is a breakdown of Trailer 3. It has some spoilers, so if you won't want to know, then don't watch:

Quite excited. For those who have indulged in the spoilers, I have a question: I'm not too well versed in Superman lore... will that affect my appreciation of this movie?

Probably not. This is an origin story, and from what I've seen, a perfect starting point for people like you.

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw a midnight showing. I have to say it is one is going down as one of my favorite movies EVER! I'll just leave it at that since I know many of you haven't seen it yet and will be soon.

Only comes out on 27th over here... Can't wait though. :)

Just got back from a showing. I nerded everywhere. It was fantastic.

The special effects, the soundtrack, the minor sound effects that nobody really pays that much attention to... It was like some sort of melodious, sensory buffet to an aspiring vfx artist like myself.

One of the best things about the experience, however, was the old guy sitting to my left. Dude was as giddy as a small child throughout the showing. Made watching the movie so much better.

My only complaints would have to be:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
The action scenes were egregiously destructive, and far too drawn out; almost as if to say, "Hey! Look at my effects budget! LOOK AT IT!". As they dragged on, they caused a sense of detachment, weakening the immersion that'd built up prior to them. This left me feeling, as Zhaboka said, somewhat underwhelmed. This didn't detract too much from the film, though. Just a minor grievance.

Also, Zod didn't command anybody to kneel before him. That was disappointing.

Epic film. Now, one of only three that can actually make me emotional.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw it and it was epic in every sense of the word.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
And the sequence of Jonathan's death was surprisingly emotional for a movie of this "genre".

My only minor complaint was the "excessive" use of shaky camera.

Watched it last night. By far my favorite version of Superman, and I dare say one of my favorite films of all time. Yes there is a massive amount of explosions but it was the little details, the things that didn't need to be said, and the first 30 minutes of back-story-fleshing-out on Krypton that make this a far better version of the Superman story than any film or recent comic.

Zod's reasoning, ie; it was genetically encoded in his DNA that he protected his people to his last breath, made his struggle, his actions and his eventual death much more sad and at the same time epic. The same can be said for Kal-El. I found it refreshing that we meet Superman when he hasn't even figured out his own power's yet... He's not been saving screaming girls and kids for 20 years and come to terms with the collateral damage his powers can create, and the decisions he must face, he's taking it one burning building at a time.

Archived