Home

Man of Steel

Alexrd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw it day before release I was so excited for it. I thought it was very good, but it still didn't really meet my expectations, it was good, just seemed to be missing something that I can't put my finger on

Yeah pretty much this.

One thing that really retracted from the experience for me was the lackluster soundtrack... take it from me as a huge Zimmer fan, it didn't have the recognizable heroic theme it needed - I wonder what John Williams would have conjured had he scored it. Anyway, I'd say this badass chick right here was one of the highlights of the movie for me:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
1383127603231_zpsab9d6d38.gif?t=1383522325

Yeah pretty much this.

One thing that really retracted from the experience for me was the lackluster soundtrack... take it from me as a huge Zimmer fan, it didn't have the recognizable heroic theme it needed

I believe the hero theme was the one that starts with the credits.

But the soundtrack was, to me, one of the best things about the movie. Themes like the one where Jor-El flies to get the Codex, the one from Zod's trial and the theme that plays when Lois is rescued are probably my favourites.

Hans Zimmer is rarely bad, though he can sometimes be a bit generic. Probably comes from him doing so many movies. Zimmer is becoming the go-to superhero guy now, he's going to score Amazing Spider-Man 2 and no doubt Superman/Batman too.

• 1 year later...
I have very low expectations for BvS, and that teaser did nothing to change that.

Agreed. I too have zero expectations for Batman vs. Superman. Then again, Man of Steel wasn't that good to begin with either. Doesn't mean I won't take a look at the movie though, in case it surprises me.

Does anyone else think Ben Affleck's Batman should have gotten a solo film first?

I don't think so. I believe people in general are already familiar with Batman's origin story, specially after the recent Nolan trilogy.

Archived