Home

New Animated Series Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Why? I always found her to be one of the more irritating characters, and the whole notion of Anakin having a Padawan was ****ing ridiculous.

Because, like it or not, Clone Wars is still considered canon, and if we don't hear from her again...that's a pretty huge loose end that didn't get tied up.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a final note: I'm hoping this ends up having a bit of a Cowboy Bebop dynamic between the crew of the Ghost XD
I'm with you on that!

The more time goes on the more realize how much running from and fighting the Empire makes Star Wars...Star Wars.

Had a chance to watch the first episode of "season 6" of Clone Wars today, and maybe it's just me, but I feel like the animation got even better! That's something I definitely did not expect, and I hope that the quality that I was seeing is reflected in Star Wars: Rebels.

Just based on the first episode, the final 13 episodes seem like they'll be awesome!

@ urluckyday: Probably best that I do it now than you finding out later through some episode of Rebels that directly contradicts something that's already been established in TCW.

lol well do you know WHAT is/has been contradicted?

Edit: Interesting...just asked Matt Martin, an employee of Lucasfilm on StarWars.com, about this subject to see if I could get some sort of response one way or another about canon as it involves TCW and Disney. His response:

Yes. It's Lucasfilm that makes that sort of decision.

So to me, it sounds like Lucasfilm still has the final say in what they want to consider canon/non-canon.

That's a relief... but not really a confirmation since we don't know exactly what decisions they've made in terms of all of these materials that aren't the 6 main movies.

Well as of right now, the only thing that is certain is that TCW, as it stands, IS considered canon in the eyes of Lucasfilm (and as a result, Disney). Can't imagine that the guys working on Star Wars: Rebels would be deviating from that assumption as well.

Just finished up the last "season." Fantastic work - some really great storylines and even better technical achievements. I couldn't help but notice that the music selection (more noticeable themes) throughout the episode greatly added to the maturity and tie-in quality of these episodes.

It really was bittersweet watching those episodes as I knew they were the last ones for the Clone Wars...and you could feel the "war" coming down to Episode III by the time you got to the end of the season. Unfortunately, they never were able to write-out Darth Maul...which I think is a travesty - not one that the creators of TCW had anything to do with. Really just unfortunate that not only a story arc was left unfinished...but that a major character's story wasn't wrapped up for continuity's sake.

EDIT: Just saw that they'll be writing out his character in comic books. Which is not optimal, but I'm glad they'll be taking the time to clear up that huuuuuge loose end.

Oh well...regardless, what a wonderful series. One that I will be sure to revisit many, many times in the future!

Just finished up the last "season." Fantastic work - some really great storylines and even better technical achievements. I couldn't help but notice that the music selection (more noticeable themes) throughout the episode greatly added to the maturity and tie-in quality of these episodes.

It really was bittersweet watching those episodes as I knew they were the last ones for the Clone Wars...and you could feel the "war" coming down to Episode III by the time you got to the end of the season. Unfortunately, they never were able to write-out Darth Maul...which I think is a travesty - not one that the creators of TCW had anything to do with. Really just unfortunate that not only a story arc was left unfinished...but that a major character's story wasn't wrapped up for continuity's sake.

EDIT: Just saw that they'll be writing out his character in comic books. Which is not optimal, but I'm glad they'll be taking the time to clear up that huuuuuge loose end.

Oh well...regardless, what a wonderful series. One that I will be sure to revisit many, many times in the future!

I agree whole-heartedly. I finished them up last night. It left me wanting more, when unfortunately we know there is no more. I'm hoping if it's successful enough, they reconsider and finish up the series proper. Would love to see Filoni's vision of right up till Ep. III. That would be amazing.

Watched all of season 6... interesting, very interesting.

Yoda's final words on his death bed in RotJ have a different meaning now. Before we thought of his last words referring Leia, but now it seems that Yoda was repeating the prophecy he was told in the final episode of TCW.

Yoda's final words on his death bed in RotJ have a different meaning now. Before we thought of his last words referring Leia, but now it seems that Yoda was repeating the prophecy he was told in the final episode of TCW.

Agreed, I like to think that too, I mean I have nothing against Leia, but I don't think she was ever intended to be a Jedi, and there's no evidence that she would automatically have the same force potential as Luke

@ adamqd:

I still think Leia is important in that in realise that Leia is his sister, it gives Luke a new motivation and also helps to turn Darth Vader back to the good side in the realisation that he also has a daughter. So her importance is still there in that regard, but I also like how Yoda's last words now carry a dual meaning. One for Yoda himself who is remembering in his final moments, his journey coming to this point and to also give Luke a clue that he is not alone in his journey to help his father back to the light side of the Force.

In any case, TWC has turned out to be the best thing to come out of the prequel trilogy. While I may not be a fan of the prequel trilogy of movies as much as I am the original trilogy, I have come to respect where TCW has taken us. It may have started out rusty but it managed to turn itself into a really good direction and gave us a lot of really great stories over the course of its life. It is hands down better than the entire prequel trilogy IMO.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Actually, he was having a vision of his death, and thus he recited his last words. The episode guide confirms this.

...I shouldn't have to read additional material to get what's happening on-screen.

I agree. I'm only saying that the episode guide confirmed that interpretation.

So would it be okay to just jump to season 6 immediately? I think I've only seen the first season and maybe half of the second.

If I were you, I would watch the whole thing. But I guess you can watch the last 4 episodes of this season without any continuity problems.

So would it be okay to just jump to season 6 immediately? I think I've only seen the first season and maybe half of the second.

The first season is the worst one. The second one is slightly better. The point is the seasons get better as you follow the series.

I would. With Ahsoka not being involved directly this is pretty low on continuity, just interesting answers to older questions.

Archived