Home

New Animated Series Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popping in.

I may not consider TCW animated series something to take seriously but some of this on second glance is actually not so bad. Certainly better than a lot of the newer stuff. At least I don't get the 'derp' feeling like I'm dumber for having watched it. So the prospect of seen Rebels doesn't seem *so* bad.

• 4 weeks later...

I am very excited for Rebels, but I don't think it will be as good as TCW was since it will (most likely) primarily stay geared for young kids throughout. TCW had it's younger-skewed episodes, but also had many darker and more "adult" story arcs. Hopefully I'm wrong - I should trust in Filoni.

I am very excited for Rebels, but I don't think it will be as good as TCW was since it will (most likely) primarily stay geared for young kids throughout. TCW had it's younger-skewed episodes, but also had many darker and more "adult" story arcs. Hopefully I'm wrong - I should trust in Filoni.

Shows like this have a tendency to gradually get darker and more "adult" as they go on, whether the network broadcasting it likes it or not.

• 3 months later...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

New extended trailer:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking forward to the series, it seems to get a lot of love right out of the gate. Haven't seen the premiere yet, I'm catching up on the Clone Wars series right now. Speaking of, a lot of EU stuff eventually did make its way into the new canon through it.

Can you guess what EU element introduced in KotOR made it through? Selkath... XD

I saw the first three episodes just yesterday (Or 2 if you count "The Spark of Rebellion" as a special.) I really like what they have so far, the characters are interesting, setting, and the story is pretty good. I'd like to see what they have in the future, hoping it will be successful and long-(or longer)-running show.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of the animation. Too... bland, especially after what we've been used to in The Clone Wars series. The Wookiees in the premiere get the worst of it.

Storywise it started off quite well in its first episodes. Some fun characters (Chopper, the astromech, is great) and decent action. And it does have the atmosphere of the OT, of the Empire versus the little guy, down. Some stuff is still hit and miss (Ezra doesn't entirely convince me and I thought the third episode lacking somewhat) but it does have potential. The most recent episode might be all the convincing you'll need. It's a bit darker than what comes before it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The season is over. We were left with a new and very familiar character entering the show:

And this familiar character's former apprentice:

The season is over. We were left with a new and very familiar character entering the show:

And this familiar character's former apprentice:

I was really surprised they killed off the Inquisitor. I thought he'd be around for a while.

• 1 month later...

Archived