Home

How big is TOR: The base game, and any patches/extra content?

I have the physical retail discs, and want to know how much more I have to download in terms of patches/extra content.

So, how big is the base game? How many patches/dlc's have been released? Is there anything that auto-downloads when you install?

I ask this question because I have a measly monthly internet usage cap, and downloading TOR would probably blow half the month's usage (hence me obtaining the physical discs). I need to know of any extra downloads to plan my cap usage accordingly.

I think (and this is just a guess), you'll be downloading an extra couple of Gigabytes, I'd say around 5-7GB. From what I've read, after installation it still needs to patch everything since launch. Which is quite a lot, there've been many patches since it's release.

As for auto-download, the way it works after installation is when you open the launcher and log in to your account, the thing automatically starts downloading whatever it needs to get to the current version. It might do that in stages, where it'll download certain files, then install it and then start downloading again. I've read that you can quit the launcher and it'll continue downloading from where you stopped the next time you open the launcher, but I can't confirm that.

• 2 months later...

So I got to installing the game on the third of July, and it downloaded approximately ~6gb of extra data. And then, this week, it downloaded some more, but I'm unaware of the amount as my connection monitoring software wasn't running at the time.

Windows Programs and Features currently reports the total game size as 18.4gb.

I didn't check the initial, unpatched install size, however.

Archived