Home

Xbox One

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because if you do a 360 degree turn, you're right back where you started as that is a full circle. If you do a 180 degree turn, that's exactly backwards. ;)

Why is it called the Xbox One?

Because you turn 360 degrees and don't buy One

I need to face the shopkeeper to tell him I'm not buying it. :indif:

I haven't really been following, but what does this thing actually do that I can't do already with my 360 one way or another?

And since getting my new PC around the beginning of the year I've become almost exclusively a PC gamer, plus I had forgotten how much fun modding games can be. I haven't even gotten around to playing ME3 yet...

The only thing you'll really miss out on are new games that are console exclusive (if you don't get a PS4) or Xbone exclusives.

I'm sure you know this much better than I (me being a PC only player and all), but platform exclusivity doesn't mean a game is good, or good enough to spend money on buying said platform. Also, most games worth playing won't stay exclusive forever, as has been proven many times so far. Hell, just last night I finished Resident Evil Revelations on my PC and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't feel I've missed out on anything by not buying a 3DS to play it on, I've in fact profited by waiting for a visually superior version (and, subjectively, a controller-superior version as well). Now with the announcement of Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for the PC, I look forward to enjoying that game in a few months just as much.

True, but your scenario goes either way the longer the console lifespan is and the lowered prices that come of it.

When the Xbox One comes to the stage where it's nearing the end of its lifespan and there are a bunch of games that are exclusive and worth playing, will that be the time that's best to jump in? That's something to consider... and something Alexrd did consider.

I'm waiting for that day with Vita... sadly it didn't really come for the PSP, though I guess there are a couple of games I'll end up getting a PSP for... if I can't play them on Vita or elsewhere. It doesn't always happen, but there are times when I do go back and try to get that console that had all of the great games on it at a later stage. I did it with the PS2. Though, sadly too late... was only able to borrow most of the games from friends and buy the few that I could.

I choose to go where the games are, even if it is with the Xbox One... it's just not going to be the way Microsoft would like me to get into it :p

When the Xbox One comes to the stage where it's nearing the end of its lifespan and there are a bunch of games that are exclusive and worth playing, will that be the time that's best to jump in? That's something to consider... and something Alexrd did consider.

With the 360. The difference with this one is the required internet connection and the online game activations that will surely exist. With the 360 (which I'm still planning to buy), I know that either now or in 20 years, I can still plug the console and play whichever games I have. On the Xbone, with an (paid and not available everywhere) internet connection as a requirement to install, save (and play?) games, I don't know if I'll be able to the same since they certainly won't maintain those servers forever.

It's sad to see this "plague" that's present on the PC gaming market be expanded to consoles. I hope people see the effects of this dependency soon enough.

I know what the difference is XD I've been trashing this console for days now and have learned everything I can about it and why it's the spawn of satan himself... if he existed in the first place.

The point I was trying to make is that there comes a point where a person will want to at least play some of the exclusives at least for a short period of time once or twice or whatever, the end of the lifecycle when stuff is cheaper, etc, is the best time. Why? Because you don't really have all that much attachment to these games to begin with, if they were, these games would've been more important to play earlier on instead of... whenever. They're rhrowaway and the console they're on are throwaway... since you've devalued them to "I'll get it when it's cheap enough" status to begin with. They're not the same as the "i'll buy this and keep forever" type you want to get asap.

I know what the difference is XD I've been trashing this console for days now and have learned everything I can about it and why it's the spawn of satan himself... if he existed in the first place

Spawn of satan!?!?!? No cats are the spawn of satan... This is far far worse this may even be satan himself...

XBone

:lol:

I think I'll be sticking with my PC. I haven't played a 360 game in ages. Microsoft is going to have a hell of a time trying to sell me on the bone.
This has been surprisingly a common feel. I am not a PS fanboy, but I am still cautiously optimistic about that console @ E3. The xBone is as you described, an underwhelming (and un-upgradeable) HTPC.

Why the heck would I want this? I can already watch TV on my... TV? I've always been an Xbox user since the original came out, but Sony is winning for me so far and they didn't even show their console! I'm pretty excited to see how this will pan out at E3...

Pretty sad that with more news coming about each console, I feel less and less inclined to play either of them. Guess I won't be playing video games anymore...PC gaming is too expensive for me to invest in at this point because I can never seem to play any really "high-end" games with the stuff I have.

Nonsense.

Best part of this is the controller which I will probably buy the PC version of in the future. To be fair, the controller looks and sounds pretty badass.

True. If they make a wired version, I will certainly buy it.

Archived