Home

How do you organize?

supreme kotor

Well I wasn't sure where to post this but it's directly related to modding (even if its not a mod) and I am requesting information from you guys so I decided modding request would be the best.

So recently I lost some files that I really could have used right about now and then it hit me I am a VERY messey modder, yes today will be speing cleaning of my laptop. so my question to you guys is how to you organize your mods/WIP's/completed stuff/reskins/misc... Do you just save them all in folders? Maybe upload your completed stuff to a file sharing website so you know you won't lose it? Maybe you just name your folders after what they are?

Thanks-Supreme Kotor

I use a folder/sub folder system. Basically, I have one folder that houses all the other files and folders for a specific mod. Within that folder are more folders that contain all the files for specific modules/areas. Within those folders are folders separating the types of files. So it looks a little like this:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
4kj6h.jpg

30xbs7a.jpg

5pnber.jpg

Now occasionally the sub folders for files will have even more sub folders within them, the voice overs folder is a good example.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
20uvkux.jpg

So yeah, I just organize everything into a bunch of sub folders within one big folder.

Archived