Home

KotOR is now on iPad?

Scorge

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just heard about this today

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-knights-old-republic/id611436052?mt=8

IGN review: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/30/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ipad-review

I'll have to buy it when I get home, just for the fun. I watched a game play vid, and it looked pretty much the same, with just a few changes for the interface. All the models, textures, sounds and cinemas didn't seem any different, from what I could see.

So, if this sells well, will there be a TSL iPad later?

Hmm, does this use a modified Aurora engine, or something else? Was it released by BioWare? This is definitely an interesting development. You all have no idea how long I've been waiting for this, is it coming for android as well?

EDIT: Can I put BOS:SR on this? :D

Dang i gotta update my ipad now! I want. Now. Wonder if mods work.....

I can confirm the folder structure (including override), minus the save games, is the same. (My iPad is jailbroken, so I have root access) About to test if this means mods will work. :p

Not sure if it was the resolution or just the mod itself, but the head skin I tried didn't work. (The skin made the head solid black, instead how the mod normally looks with the PC version.) :( Not sure if this is indicative of all mods or not; or perhaps it's isolated to skin mods not working properly.

Not sure if it was the resolution or just the mod itself, but the head skin I tried didn't work. (The skin made the head solid black, instead how the mod normally looks with the PC version.) :( Not sure if this is indicative of all mods or not; or perhaps it's isolated to skin mods not working properly.

a couple things you could try is using the nwn dds tool (dont remember where to get it but you can google it) and seeing if the game accepts dds, if not you could theoritically copy the directory to your pc, point kotor tool to it and see if you can open the bif's, i dont have an ipad, but i have been able to open xbox files that way. maybe i should consider getting one ( im an android fan, apple and me have issues lol, but it looks like kotor might be the reconcilliation i have needed all these years)

Just found out about this. How peculiar!

When I consider it, yeah, KotOR's UI and gameplay would be very well suited to a touch screen screen interface. Except maybe the movement.

I wonder if they made any changes/updates to the game to reflect modern gameplay standards (eg, better inventory sorting)?

I also wonder if they created high resolution cutscenes for this port.. because the idea of the original 640x272 FMV's on the iPad 4's 2048×1536 screen doesn't paint a pretty picture... (badum-tisshh)

Hopefully this port should reinvigorate interest in the grand old game. :thmbup1:

I tried modifying the swkotor.INI file (using ifunbox) to add back the missing shadows and grass, and also increase the resolution (which is set on 1024x768 with 2x aa) but so far the game doesn't seem to be responding to INI changes like the PC version did, and resets the file everytime the app is run. Not to mention the INI file already shows that shadows and grass are enabled...

It's quite possible that iPad graphics won't run shadows or grass. I know for a fact that intel integrated graphics are useless for grass, and I doubt that the iPad has better graphics (although I know very little about iPad internals.)

Archived