Home

Fable Anniversary

L0ki194

So, it seems the original Fable will be getting an HD Remake. I`m totally excited for this! The first Fable was my favorite out of all of the games.

Screens:

73ypMF1.jpg

HtnAfHu.jpg

XXIrbHt.jpg

Teaser Trailer:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I hate it because I just found an old copy of Fable: Lost Chapters and was going to go through and play it lol. I will probably end up getting this though. Fable was an amazing game. I still have yet to finish 2 though doh

Lol, my situation's worse. I was literally playing it a few days ago, and was almost finished. XD

Also here's some details I've gathered.

This is from IGN:

Microsoft has confirmed that the new game from Lionhead Studios, teased earlier today, will be Fable Anniversary, a HD remake of the original Fable for Xbox 360 including The Lost Chapters, added Achievements, SmartGlass integration, leaderboards, new UI, and a full 1080p HD visual update.

Other new features confirmed for the release include a new lighting system that utilises Unreal 3 to render the lighting, a new facial animation system, new cutscene animations, plus updated textures, models, particle effects, save system and more.

Ted Timmins, the lead designer on the game, calls it "The game that Fable fans have been demanding for years." He also explained that the new Achievements will try to do something a little different: "Fable has always been about choice and consequence, so we're trying to put that into our Achievements."

Fable Anniversary is currently slated for a 2013 Holiday release on Xbox 360 only.

Is Molyneux involved with this?

[Ted Timmins, Lead Designer, who worked on the original Fable as a games tester: “We’re really excited to be bringing a re-mastered version of Fable: The Lost Chapters to the Xbox 360. It’s been one of the biggest community requests as we know how much the fans love the original game.”]

This is from Lionhead Studio's website.

Source: http://lionhead.com/fable-anniversary-coming-soon/

So, I'm not sure.

I hated Fable...Loved Fable 2...Liked 1/2 of Fable 3 and loathed the other 1/2...I will give Fable another shot. Hopefully they will incorporate some of the game play aspects from Fable 2 and 3.

What didn't you like from Fable 1?

I hated Fable...Loved Fable 2...Liked 1/2 of Fable 3 and loathed the other 1/2...I will give Fable another shot. Hopefully they will incorporate some of the game play aspects from Fable 2 and 3.

This is the first time that I have found an opinion similar to mine on this topic. Fable 2 is my favourite of the series, I thought it was brilliant, while Fable was 'meh'. One thing I disagree with, however, is Fable 3. That was pretty terrible.

While I'll almost certainly pick this up, I still want my PC port of Fable 2 that i've been crying myself to sleep over all these years. :p

• 7 months later...

Yo. So it's been quite some time since the initial start of this thread. And let me tell ya.... there was ALOT of news since then.

Pre-order bonuses (These will become available to everyone who hasn't pre-ordered yet, at a later date)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Peiratēs Pre Order Pack

Show spoiler

Pirate.png

Peiratēs Outfit

Peiratēs was a famous plunderer, known for travelling uncharted waters to take entire cargo ships hostage for their most expensive items. He was also known by the name "Pete" in less formal circles.

Peiratēs Cutlass

A weapon used at sea needs to be both practical and effective. Peiratēs spent years refining this weapon so that the hook could be used to catch fish, the tip could be used to eat fish, and the blade could be used to slit a man's throat.

Snowspire Pre Order Pack

Show spoiler
Guard.png

Snowspire Guard Outfit

Made from genuine horse hair, this outfit is said to calm even the most vocal of criminals.

The Jackarse

An age-old popular pasttime was run by a chap named Jack, who used to slap people around the face with a dead fish until they fell onto their arse. The rest, as they say, is history...

Apollo's Pre Order Pack

Show spoiler
Ranger.png

Apollo's Outfit

Apollo is the pseudonym for the leader of The Grey Company, the man responsible for monitoring Lady Grey's financial investments. As fearsome as that may sound, he had a reputation for being incredibly nice, often using his own money to bail out any villager that couldn't afford that months rent.

Apollo's Crossbow

Based on a centuries old concept, Apollo wanted to create a modern crossbow with the feel of a relic from the past - and thus this crossbow was born. Dependable in combat, but also pretty tasty to look at.

You also get this if you grab a first edition copy (This will also become available at a later date I think)

9d5601b018c50821bbe6cf6ecc261df7.jpg?itok=cgPxB51N

New Screens

Show spoiler

1920x-1

1920x-1

1920x-1

1920x-1

1920x-1

1920x-1

1920x-1

With the controller schemes, you have an option of using the ORIGINAL controls or you can use the Fable II controls.

Videos

Show spoiler
Launch Trailer

Opening Scenes

Graphics Comparison

And the release date? The 4th of February 2014. Still no news on a PC release, but there's always hope. There's partitions, and also NUMEROUS Polls and comments asking for a PC version.

Archived