Home

Asia Pacific Server Consolidation/ Free Character Transfer

the_raven

I've received an e-mail from SWTOR about them consolidating the Asia Pacific Server into the West Coast North America server, something I can't agree with since I play on Asia Pacific, because it's the least populated and I can play there without as much lag. Do those guys even think of their members? :¬:

I'm from Australia, in Melbourne, and I play on The Harbinger which is a US west coast server. My ping is around 170-180ms standard and it's not bad. I've run a lot of ops and done a lot in the game and it really isn't that big a deal unless you're an absolute diehard PvP fan.

I can understand not wanting to move from the server you've planted yourself in... I know I left the game for a while because of similar circumstances, but if you do keep playing, it's not all THAT bad to move to one of the closer US servers.

the problem is, I'm european, so the Asian server's closer to me and the American one, but back when I first started playing TOR, I played the European server, and tryed the American server as well, and it was pretty bad because of the huge amounts of players... =\

the game already glitches like hell by eating up my ram and because my video-card isn't as strong as it should be, so imagine my experience with playing a full server? =\

the problem is, I'm european, so the Asian server's closer to me and the American one, but back when I first started playing TOR, I played the European server, and tryed the American server as well, and it was pretty bad because of the huge amounts of players... =\

the game already glitches like hell by eating up my ram and because my video-card isn't as strong as it should be, so imagine my experience with playing a full server? =\

Well, that seems more of a problem with your computer not being able to handle the game very well than with the place you are relative to the server. I play on The Harbinger (US West Coast) and I'm in Europe, but I don't have any serious lag issues. I get pings similar to what Lynk's got.

The servers are meant to be populated, considering this is an MMO, so a server very low on people doesn't make sense, even if it's in your best interest.

I play on Harbinger from the U.K., but have played on the European and East - Coast servers as well. I get pings in the 180-190ms range on Harbinger, slightly less lag on the Euro and the EastCoast servers, but not enough to really make any real difference. I do get huge lag spikes now and then, but I think that's due more to the fact that I live in a rural area and therefore pretty far away from the telephone junction box. If I lived in a town, I bet I wouldn't ever have that problem. :) I do have to say that I turn my graphics settings down a bit and get smoother play.

On a different note, I purchased a new video card specifically for this game. My old one, although very capable of supporting other high graphic games, wasn't on the official 'list' of ones that support SWTOR. Once I made the switch, things were fine.

JasraLantill, I though the low graphic settings gave me smoother gameplay too, but that ate up my ram horribly! and some people on various forums said that if you have a win64 system, then it's better to set your settings to high, and it worked, ram's only wasting around half of what it wasted before, so that's all good. don't have money for a new video-card, not to mention the one I have is pretty new itself...

Archived