Home

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Trailer being released tomorrow!

Scorge

I cant wait for it, but the last movie for the Hobbit "There and Back again" will most likely be very sad, according to what happens to the book. But the people making the movie might change what happens to 3 of the Dwarves at the final battle for the Lonely Mountain (not the dragon).

Guys, what is your favorite dwarf?

In the Hobbit, mine would be Bofur, LotR, Gimli.

Overall, my favorite characters in the Hobbit arE Bilbo, Thorin, Gandalf, Legolas (SPOILER: You will see Legolas again in the Hobbit 2.) Favorite in all of LotR are the Fellowship.

Trailer looks pretty good.

And go down a river in barrels?

It's in the book.

and a woman

She however, isn't. I'm guessing it's probably some silly way of 'reaching out to a female audience'. Or something. But at least it's not 300 Elves conveniently appearing in the middle of a siege.

Looks beautiful - has a visual style more in line with LotR than the first movie did in my opinion. Don't think the story looks too interesting though. It's probably 80% fabricated by Jackson and co, which is not a bad thing, but it just doesn't seem to mesh together.

I'm still reallllyyy looking forward to this one though so we will see!

And go down a river in barrels?

Did you not read the book? Go do it now!

I don't know. Again, many scenes look like they're only made to promote the 3D, and you can clearly see the difference between the CGI effects and actors under makeup. They could have at least blended them together a bit.

I liked the first movie well enough and I hope that this one will be at least on par with Unexpected Journey.

She however, isn't. I'm guessing it's probably some silly way of 'reaching out to a female audience'. Or something. But at least it's not 300 Elves conveniently appearing in the middle of a siege.

In the book, they mention an elf captain, which is the one who captures the dwarves, she however, (Don't even remember if she, was a she.) wasn't really a character. I think that's who she will be in the movie, they're just making it where she actually is a character instead of just being a nobody like she/he was in the book.

That's just my theory, could be wrong. Either way your guess above is probably right.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually covered my eyes and ears when this trailer (and Ender's Game) were being played at the theater last week...I'm sure I looked like a nutjob, but these days trailers show way too much. It is going to be so satisfying going in to Hobbit Pt 2 without ever having seen a trailer for it or what Smaug looks like.

Archived