Home

How to run a decent forum...

Darth Reptinus

:confused: I am new to this modding kotor stuff, just started trying today. There are literally only a handful of resources as far as tutorials go, they walk you through the basics of .2da editing, extracting files with kotor tool, etc. But there are a ton of things not shown or are buried in the 600,000+ posts, so it is like digging a needle out of a hay stack. I have experience modding Xbox 360 games and profiles, re-flashing devices to do stuff they were not intended to do, a degree in graphic design, motion capture, rigging animation skeletons, creating sound samples, voice dialog, even hardware modding, and after about a week of attempting to create new content I am already frustrated to the point I feel it is simply pointless to continue trying.

I see no tuts on key elements of character creation, such as re-skinning the body model underwear in order to match skin tones without overriding all of them, yet I know it can be done and I am afraid that it takes more than adding "01" to the end of the texture name. Yet there are 3 tuts on how to edit the 2da to make the reskinned head work and no one bothered to ever continue this in ten years?

Second, when you directly ask people for help here they tend to just ignore you, and the other sites on the web such as deadlystream (which I am also a member of have ALL THE SAME MEMBERS!) so that isn't help either, and even with the tuts most of the links for the tools to do these things with are dead, or point to storage sites that no longer exsist!

Lastly being a member of the Modio XBOX mod project, I have over 200 mods posted that were made for games that are cross platform such as mass effect series, fallout 3, new vegas, Dragon Age, Skyrim, and TES4: Oblivion, and from day one people were helpful. Now I know that most of you have been members of this forum for more than 4 years, so you have the skills and knowledge to share, yet most of you choose to click up, ignore peoples requests and don't bother to keep this supposed "community" educated, welcoming or even fun. I urge you to do what you can to help the newbies fledge there skills... Moderators please remove this account, I give up due to the lack of respect this alleged "community" has for new members with less knowledge of the tools than they do, and do to moderation that doesn't take the time to post the tutorials to teach new people how to create the things to keep such a great game alive. It is a utter shame that no one attempts to help, to teach or to generally try around here.

Oh, i'm sorry. I didn't know we were obligated to reply to threads the second after they are posted.

Really its not too hard to search or experiment a bit with the game files. Trial and error is how any of us learned. There has never been more than a handful of us modders here and we are too busy making mods to document every little possible edit possible. Try things and see what happens. Don't come crying when someone hasn't replied to all your threads in an hour. Hell. People ARE replying and trying to help you. I really don't see where this is coming from.

I suppose some the links need updating, but really the only way to learn to mod is to look at other people's work.

In case you haven't noticed, this isn't exactly the most active community. Both games are almost 10 years old, but even at that, usually you post for help, it will come. That said, not all of us have time to hold hands, so why the tutorials are there. I'm sorry you feel this way, but if you'd like to give it another chance, I can help you out. Just PM me and I'll help out.

*Clears throat*

Ahem, if I may Darth Reptinus;

You do bring up a few valid points, that I will admit. So I will try to tackle them as I see them although you didn't organize your post very will which just shows your lack of forum decorum.

1.In regards to the posts and it being hard to find what you are looking for there is multiple different ways without even going past the first page. Some of these solutions include but are not limited too;

1a. There is a built in search so you may find the awnser you require

1b. Go to google and type in site:http://www.lucasforums.com "Your topic here"(no parenthesis)-this is how I get most of my awnsers.

1c. Make a new thread there is LOTS of modders willing to help.

2. Underwear to match skin tones is a very specific request and I am not supprissed they're is no tutorial there. You have no valid point there.

3. The three tutorials to make the heads work all cover different parts that can be used for more than just to get heads to work. And even if they were all just for heads then oh well that's what it takes. No one is forcing you to create mods.

4. Links that are dead is something I experience even with some of the new games I mod. Simply use WayBackMachine to find a link to it. If I had tutorial privileges I would update them but unfortunately no one gets paid to take care of stuff like that.

5. As far as members not awnsering you that can be found at any forum. I find it best to message modders that have been around long enough to know what they're doing but also don't have something such as a total conversion on their plate.

Some good people I have found to message are: (I will remove your name if you would like)

1.Fallen Gaurdian

2.Fair strides 2 an excellent scripter

3.(Supprissingly with RoR and all) Logan23

4.Supreme Kotor (even if I don't know what I'm talking about :p)

5.Varsity Puppet

6.Canderis

7.Harlll

8.Darth Sapians

9.Quanon somehow seems to know everything about area models.

10.Hasset Hunter somehow knows everything about TSL.

11.Sith Specter 1. He's a moderator 2. He's a very good reskiner 3. Revans flowing capes. Need I say more? 4. And area models.

12.LDR

12.there are plenty of others I just want this all to fit on one post so sorry if I've left you out.

There are also those who shouldn't be messaged they all have their reasons but I will not list each individual reason. (Again I can add/remove anyone from this list)[sorry if I offend you]

1.Tk102

2.Fred Tetra

3.Svösh

4.T7NoWhere

5.Disbeliver

6.Darth333

7.Trex

8.Stoffe

9.I am very sorry If I have offended any of you and I know there is more but that's all I can think of right now :p.

6. I am also part of Modio so I do know that community is a little different but they also outnumber us greatly and have far better tools than we do. You cannot compare the worlds nicest car to the worlds nicest bike and expect the bike to win.

Overall I am sorry you did not enjoy your kotor modding experience but we can't help unless you allow us to.

-Supreme Kotor

Another thing that I noticed is that you posted most of your questions in the Modding Requests section. That is a less traveled section, and people are less likely to notice modding questions there.

But the majority of us here are self taught. All of the tools are home-brewed, and nothing is official here. This has resulted in the KotOR modding community being restricted vastly. There are lots of bugs, inconsistencies, and stuff that just doesn't work that should. A lot of times, people can't answer questions because they don't know either.

I'm sorry that you feel this way about Holowan Laboratories.

*Heartfelt sigh...*

You remind me of a few people that want the result but don't care about the work involved.

Let's put it this way: You want to fully design a 250-foot tall, 15000 poly building. You can't just expect to type that into a program and have an automatically-generated result, can you?

I learned the hard way, but not because of the community. I'm not the best modder, if you judge by the number of mods I release, but I count myself pretty knowledgable about a lot of areas of modding these games.

I learned by downloading the tools, reading their read-me files, and then experimenting. It took me 5 hours of dialogue-editing and scripting to find out that you can't make someone dance in TSL the easy way. I then had to make an armband to do it. Sometimes you have to have patience. As was already said, none of these tools come with a warranty, there's no support section of the website dedicated to faqs, and I definitely don't recall seeing a 24-hour paid team of help representatives waiting by the phones...

I took six months to learn scripting, and now there's almost nothing I can't do with it. I learned about editing the gff-type files by trial and error, and taking the tutorials as building blocks, the starting line and built upon that knowledge by my experimenting and paying attention to what I did.

I'd gladly like to download everything modding-related onto a video and release it, but I'm always wondering if it isn't blindingly obvious to everyone else. I didn't just jet out of there and leave when I got ignored. You know what most people told me when I asked how one could get started modding?

They suggested that I experiment and test out any theory that popped into my head. Varsity Puppet(hope you don't mind my quoting you) said something along these lines:

"Yeah, I know we tend to be a bit hard on newbies. We don't have many tutorials and a lot of us veterans kinda expect them to learn on their own, like we had to..." - VP, around March of 2012.

Nobody is trying to leave you stranded, we're just hoping you'll experiment before you ask for help and will be patient. As it stands, my mods are at deadlystream and are a motley sort at that, and I have only ever modded these games, and I enjoy it. Maybe one day I'll experiment with Elder Scrolls or something else, but I'll be around here for a while if anyone needs my help.

*Clears throat*

Ahem, if I may Darth Reptinus;

You do bring up a few valid points, that I will admit. So I will try to tackle them as I see them although you didn't organize your post very will which just shows your lack of forum decorum.

1.In regards to the posts and it being hard to find what you are looking for there is multiple different ways without even going past the first page. Some of these solutions include but are not limited too;

1a. There is a built in search so you may find the awnser you require

1b. Go to google and type in site:http://www.lucasforums.com "Your topic here"(no parenthesis)-this is how I get most of my awnsers.

1c. Make a new thread there is LOTS of modders willing to help.

2. Underwear to match skin tones is a very specific request and I am not supprissed they're is no tutorial there. You have no valid point there.

3. The three tutorials to make the heads work all cover different parts that can be used for more than just to get heads to work. And even if they were all just for heads then oh well that's what it takes. No one is forcing you to create mods.

4. Links that are dead is something I experience even with some of the new games I mod. Simply use WayBackMachine to find a link to it. If I had tutorial privileges I would update them but unfortunately no one gets paid to take care of stuff like that.

5. As far as members not awnsering you that can be found at any forum. I find it best to message modders that have been around long enough to know what they're doing but also don't have something such as a total conversion on their plate.

Some good people I have found to message are: (I will remove your name if you would like)

1.Fallen Gaurdian

2.Fair strides 2

3.(Supprissingly with RoR and all) Logan23

4.Supreme Kotor (even if I don't know what I'm talking about :p)

5.Varsity Puppet

6.Canderis

7.Harlll

8.there are plenty of others I just want this all to fit on one post so sorry if I've left you out.

6. I am also part of Modio so I do know that community is a little different but they also outnumber us greatly and have far better tools than we do. You cannot compare the worlds nicest car to the worlds nicest bike and expect the car to win.

-Supreme Kotor

you can add me to your list :)

:confused: I am new to this modding kotor stuff, just started trying today.

i suggest you give it a bit more time than that :)

There are literally only a handful of resources as far as tutorials go, they walk you through the basics of .2da editing, extracting files with kotor tool, etc. But there are a ton of things not shown or are buried in the 600,000+ posts, so it is like digging a needle out of a hay stack.

to be frank, you have a point.

it is somewhat difficult to find what you are looking for, especially when you have a precise subject. that was part of the reason i created czerka R&D

unfortunately not as many of the modders as i would have hoped have visited or have had the time to contribute to it, in the future i plan on adding an actual course, to introduce new modders to kotor modding and general work flow.

I have experience modding Xbox 360 games and profiles, re-flashing devices to do stuff they were not intended to do, a degree in graphic design, motion capture, rigging animation skeletons, creating sound samples, voice dialog, even hardware modding.

all of which have fortunately live communities, except for the skeletons, k bad joke, but i have to lighten the mood some how :)

and after about a week of attempting to create new content I am already frustrated to the point I feel it is simply pointless to continue trying.

the point is, blankly, we need modders. the community is dying, sadly, surely and slowly :( the only way to prolong its life is to have new modders. frustration can be a powerful motivation if you let it, i have been frustrated not getting things to work and trying to figure out why they work the way they do, this actually led to a few discoveries, small but still.

you can get through it. especially with all that you have done :)

I see no tuts on key elements of character creation, such as re-skinning the body model underwear in order to match skin tones without overriding all of them, yet I know it can be done and I am afraid that it takes more than adding "01" to the end of the texture name.

you can always ask :) but do you mean light to dark tones or skin and head matching, im pretty sure the values you seek are in appearance 2da.

Yet there are 3 tuts on how to edit the 2da to make the reskinned head work and no one bothered to ever continue this in ten years?

there is more than one way to skin a cat, and the different techniques can also be applied to skinning wookies (LOL another lame joke from Darth Sapiens, when well he stop?)

Second, when you directly ask people for help here they tend to just ignore you

it may seem that way, and i have experienced this myself, but depending who it is, there are perfectly valid reasons for this, some people rarely come around, have too many pm's, have no time, or didn't notice, and of course everyone lives :) who doesn't have to deal with life ?

and the other sites on the web such as deadlystream (which I am also a member of have ALL THE SAME MEMBERS!) so that isn't help either,

you have never posted on deadlystream, as a moderator there i also no you haven't even validated your account, you actually have to ask for help before you say no one will help, some members are the same but we spend more time on either forum, i spend more time there than i do here for example.

and even with the tuts most of the links for the tools to do these things with are dead, or point to storage sites that no longer exsist!

if you need something ask around, lots of stuff can be found elsewhere, not everyone has the ability to edit other people's posts, and i doubt the mods have time to go through every post to update the link, as supremekotor said, wayback is the way to go for dead tuts.

Lastly being a member of the Modio XBOX mod project, I have over 200 mods posted that were made for games that are cross platform such as mass effect series, fallout 3, new vegas, Dragon Age, Skyrim, and TES4: Oblivion, and from day one people were helpful.

i haven't been part of those communities, but most of them have official tools, and are newer games. Admittedly kotor is a tougher community, from what i have heard in both rules and actuall modding practice.(i have only ever been a part of the kotor modding community)

Now I know that most of you have been members of this forum for more than 4 years, so you have the skills and knowledge to share, yet most of you choose to click up, ignore peoples requests and don't bother to keep this supposed "community" educated, welcoming or even fun. I urge you to do what you can to help the newbies fledge there skills...

i cant speek for the others on this. when i get the chance i help, i educate, but i don't always have the time or resources to do so.

I give up due to the lack of respect this alleged "community" has for new members with less knowledge of the tools than they do, and do to moderation that doesn't take the time to post the tutorials to teach new people how to create the things to keep such a great game alive.

It is a utter shame that no one attempts to help, to teach or to generally try around here.

there aren't too many moderators here or on deadlystream, and not all of the modders are moderators either. there haven't been as many tutorials lately either, but that doesnt meean there won't be more, i plan on updating czerka r&d after seeing this, what is a shame is that you have given up, you can email/pm me any time if you change your mind. i myself haven't been around long (not quite a year) but, before i joined this community i would never have thought i could ever do what i can now.

stick around dude :)

p.s

we might at times seem cold, but really we are cool when you get to know us. (some of us might even be hot, XD i had to go and end with another stupid pun)

you can add me to your list :)

Done ;) other modders can also let me know if they want added.

I believe this entire thread strengthes my support of more tutorials. No matter how specific they are someone may find a use for them.

@Phildevil,

I love your list it is far longer than mine but I tried to only mention people that I have noticed log in frequently. People are extremly impatient especially if they're question prevents them from proceeding.

Thanks-Supreme Kotor

Other modders that are Helpful:

-Quanon: knows a lot about models/skins and particularly good in the mapping area

-jonathan7: skins

-chainz.2da: models/skins...

-newbiemodder: area modding, scripts, dialogue...

-Dak Drexl: skins and models

-Hassat Hunter: everything TSL RCM related, knows about scripts...

-Sithspecter: animations, area modding, skins/models

-ZimmMaster: I know he worked on animations, skins...

-DarthInSidious, Marius Fett, GeorgNihilus, Darth Parametric, JCCarter426, Ferc Kast, Dark_Ansem (I don't recall exactly what their expertise is...)

-Hunters Run (I follow his work with interest)

-Stoffe has been known to pop in sometimes. Answered one of my questions sometime ago.

-Darth Stoney and zbyl(2) can help you with pretty much anything...

-90SK: skins!

-VuIt (can't spell your name for some reason lol): skin god

-XarwarZ makes some pretty good reskins planet by planet

-SimonKTemplar: models,

-Qui-Don Jorn: single handedly took on making a saber mod as big in scope as Ultimate Saber Mod.

-Drewton: Very good skinner that unfortunately is not as present as before. His work is impressive and inspiring.

-Zhaboka: not sure if I should mention him in a modder list, but still, he is THE reference for voice acting.

-Rtas Vadum: skins

-RedRob41: skins, models...

-Triggergod: effect skins and more

-Ӄhrizby: reference for animations

That's just a few of them! Dig around in the Holowan Laboratories forum and you'll find ton of good projects. Some dead, and some still alive. It is worth the time ;)

@supremekotor: I tried not to include those that would not be able to answer (I think) and sometimes, I added comment on whether they would or not be available.

It's hassAt hunter, and boy, do I wish I knew everything about TSL.

Anyway, if the modding record as being given is true, I can't see why the OP would have any difficulty modding KOTOR(2) :/

Also, "starting today" and "already tried for a week"... something strange going on here...

Oh, and one little thing....when you need help and decide to make a thread...make sure the title of your thread is problem specific, like "Need help with skinning -TSL" or something like that.

I for one may not look at them when I periodically check the threads. Sorry. I'm just too darn old and too darn tired........

And as always, check the threads first. I can pretty much guarantee that any question you have has been probably asked before.

Good Luck. I think you can be a valuable asset to this community.

The "I just started today" was refering to the act of actually experimenting instead of digging through 2da files left and right trying to see how they did it. I was tired frustrated and angry, not only with the community, but with myself for not being able to understand what was happening inside those files. I have been trying for a week to make the mod I created be as good as some of the other added character pcs.

I am sorry, I was tired and frustrated. I wont be around alot anymore, I will try as all of you did to learn on my own. I came from a Xbox modding background that has ALOT of active emembers, community created as well as developer created tools to use, video tuts on everything, I even learned to use blender because of that. Not to mention the fact that about half of my income comes from content I have created for LL's second life, which requires both texturing and modeling capabilities, and the other half comes from work at home radio broadcasts for 3 internet radio stations so I have free time galore, so I fail to realise that most of the others do not. I am sorry if I insulted anyone. `Darth Reptinus

Reptinus guy, I literally just picked this up as a hobby as well guy...er...gal...er robot... whatever. The point is you have to try. If it made you mad crush it by showing it who is boss and use that frustration as a tool to push forward. I just recently graduated school to design visual art and effects for video games, and I will tell you this, there is no uniform way to make this stuff work right. Every coder uses their own tweaks, every texture/effects team will send a file between 30-50 people and steps from consept art to finished 3d renders to motion construction (per attack, ability, hell even the way they walk and run!) an then a entirely different team will take over and place all of that information into the environment than like 60 other people code triggers, scripts, way points map markers, enbemy movement and ai etc and sometimes games can take years if not decades to create. DO NOT GIVE UP! Doesn't matter the game, the tools etc, IT TAKES TIME, lots and lots and lots of it to get it just right before release. I would help you in anyway that I can I even posted on your wall man, and I just started with kotor. Hell I hadn't played this game in probably 10 years before I swooped it off steam to kill my freetime lol. DUDE SERIOUSLY DON'T GIVE UP!

This is not an easy game to mod. The code is ten years old now, and half of it doesn't work properly anyway. As for .2da stuff, again it's not easy at all, I won't pretend to understand a lot of it, but I've been a member for a few months now (although admittedly I did some modding before that) and I am definitely improving. I haven't updated my WIP in ages not because it's dead, but because progress is slow.

Practice makes perfect as they say, if you keep going you will get better.

I agree the forum has become very bloated though, would it be possible mods to delete some of the older and less useful threads here?

I see no tuts on key elements of character creation, such as re-skinning the body model underwear in order to match skin tones without overriding all of them, yet I know it can be done and I am afraid that it takes more than adding "01" to the end of the texture name. Yet there are 3 tuts on how to edit the 2da to make the reskinned head work and no one bothered to ever continue this in ten years?

Sorry I missed your PM, but I've logged in very infrequently for the last few years. Real life takes priority :)

Since you do have a copy of my playable lizards, you should be able to see how a successful skinning mod works. I haven't looked at the files in a number of years (I'm kinda rusty, so take my help with a grain of salt), but I think you can open up the TSLpatcher file and study how it sets things up. I often like to use Notepad to open and edit them, especially if I'm going to be doing multiple lines of similar characters (I like the copying and pasting in Notepad).

Anyway, I can point you to a 2da tutorial (apparently I made it, but forgot I did :xp:)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=205673

I realize now, that picking Yoda as a tutorial example might not have been the most help (he only has one texture to worry about). IIRC, the TSLPatcher comes with a decent instruction, called ReadMe, really.pdf (I'm at work, so I don't have a copy to consult right now).

The funny thing about that lizard mod, is that it was my first real success. I was frustrated for weeks trying to figure out Taina's replacer and the Patcher. I went on vacation for a couple weeks in the summer, and had a eureka moment, but, I was nowhere near my computer, and had to wait until I got home to try it out.

It sounds like you want to put in a purple skintone underwear tga for your Twi'lek, without overriding the ABC skintones (Asian, Black, Caucasian), correct?

Anyway, if I can provide any more help, I'd prefer to do it in a thread, rather than PM, so that any other new modder can do a search, and maybe find the answers in these posts.

Since you do have a copy of my playable lizards, you should be able to see how a successful skinning mod works. I haven't looked at the files in a number of years (I'm kinda rusty, so take my help with a grain of salt), but I think you can open up the TSLpatcher file and study how it sets things up. I often like to use Notepad to open and edit them, especially if I'm going to be doing multiple lines of similar characters (I like the copying and pasting in Notepad).

This. I especially recommend it for checking out how things work in .2da files if you're having trouble with that; there may be lots of columns that look confusing in a given file, but checking out what gets changed in someone else's mod that uses the TSLPatcher allows you to inspect the *pertinent* columns, if nothing else giving you a good place to start experimenting. I recently did much the same thing- in order to figure out how to make force powers in a chain into separate force powers, I was able to look at the TSLPatcher information on a set of linked force powers I made a while back, allowing me to only have to figure out what to do with a few columns.

Anyway, if I can provide any more help, I'd prefer to do it in a thread, rather than PM, so that any other new modder can do a search, and maybe find the answers in these posts.

Also, I generally approve of this message; threads make it much easier for third parties to find and contribute information on a topic. =)

And in response to the original post, I hope I've been respectful/kind and apologize if I haven't been. Hope you stick around and share some mods =)

I agree the forum has become very bloated though, would it be possible mods to delete some of the older and less useful threads here?

I don't want to speak for others, but I think that would be a colossal undertaking. Besides, can you be sure this or that thread is not going to be useful for somebody (other than you, who may not be looking for the same kind of things than you are...)? I think not lol.

This. I especially recommend it for checking out how things work in .2da files if you're having trouble with that; there may be lots of columns that look confusing in a given file, but checking out what gets changed in someone else's mod that uses the TSLPatcher allows you to inspect the *pertinent* columns, if nothing else giving you a good place to start experimenting. I recently did much the same thing- in order to figure out how to make force powers in a chain into separate force powers, I was able to look at the TSLPatcher information on a set of linked force powers I made a while back, allowing me to only have to figure out what to do with a few columns.

That is exactly what I did to figure it out, I had some help via messages from Supreme Kotor, and a few others, folks in the forum threads as well, and YAHTZEE! I got it working beautifully. and I will post a tut here in few days on how to do some of what I was taught by others here. I am a extremely new member but It is a cake walk once you get the rythem down, and I am sorry you are upset but as near as I can tell all of the people that are still keeping this game alive rock! PM me and I will be more than happy to teach you what they taught me plus some stuff I learned while in school

I don't want to speak for others, but I think that would be a colossal undertaking. Besides, can you be sure this or that thread is not going to be useful for somebody (other than you, who may not be looking for the same kind of things than you are...)? I think not lol.

Well I don't think we need the ten pages of basic hot open a .2da file threads and the speculations just before and after the games were released...

For those that have been around since the beginning like me, I'm amazed how good the modding community still is. As pointed out this a 10 year old game that had no development tools released for it. What people are able to do now is amazing considering what could do in the beginning. Even though I haven't modded for this game in ages, I love this game and keep planning on coming back to mod it.

There is a wealth of knowledge here, even if some is hard to find and rough around the edges. It was all done with love :D I suppose we could do some sort of cleanup, but it is hard to really gauge the usefulness of different threads. I'd say enjoy what is here warts and all, and maybe capture links to stuff you think is important.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Might as well throw my hat into the ring.

Like what Canderis said, most of us are self-taught. I started modding back in '09, and when I downloaded Kotor Tool, I spent a good 6 months going through everything in it and learning their functions. And that was before I registered my account on here. At the end of it, I had self-taught myself on how to create modules, placeables, characters, items and so on. All the basic stuff.

This whole community is just a goldmine of information. It's amazing how after 10 years people are still interested in modding these games. And like it was said before, not everyone is around to hold your hand. A lot of us are busy with school/college or just living life. And a few others (especially me) have computer problems. Hell, I'm infamous for making mods and never getting around to finishing them (it's been over 3 years now).

In short, you learn modding just by...doing it. That's how I was.

This whole community is just a goldmine of information. It's amazing how after 10 years people are still interested in modding these games.
I find usually when I check there are always more than 25 people looking at this forum at any one time, and it has consistently been that way for years.

A lot of us are busy with school/college or just living life.
And some of us are a bit older than that. :D

There are also those who shouldn't be messaged they all have their reasons but I will not list each individual reason. (Again I can add/remove anyone from this list)[sorry if I offend you]

[...]

9.TriggerGod

You can message me all you want, and I'll do my best to help, especially pertaining to skinning or 3d modeling, I'm just not gonna stay active in this particular modding community, for technical reasons. I might not get to your message right away, as I usually only check here for messages a few times (2-3 at most) a day, if I ever come on here.

And, it's okay to ask, but don't expect an immediate answer. When I first started, way back when the community was a bit more active than it is now, I wouldn't get an answer right away. Now it's been a while and many modders have come and gone. Give it time. Even when I asked questions and learned from the answers, I still learned most of the stuff I learned through trial and error, and observation.

Archived