Home

Can somebody do this bastila re-skin

jjb75

I saw this on google and can't get over it. I want to know if somebody can do this or knows a download link to this it would be awesome thanks:D

Screen Shots: light-http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=jnQaIc5RmInDjM&tbnid=7Cn4J7pBOZOW3M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lucasforums.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D2644267&ei=-GfDUcrKHK2yygHl64HgDg&bvm=bv.48175248,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGW91PpuMlnt3qJ7QplUfjkQraZqw&ust=1371847027771932

Screen Shot darkhttp://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=nSOeqY1LDe6CLM&tbnid=h1rqYOcPMue50M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lucasforums.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D198840&ei=OWjDUYDLHuiBywGMzoC4DA&bvm=bv.48175248,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNGW91PpuMlnt3qJ7QplUfjkQraZqw&ust=1371847027771932

Thanks everyone by the way for replying I'm new and now feel welcomed

I sent RV a PM via Deadly Stream. If he has something to say, I'm sure he'll post in the original WIP thread.

Thank you I would really appreciate that

I sent RV a PM via Deadly Stream. If he has something to say, I'm sure he'll post in the original WIP thread.

What is this "Deadly Stream" thing you speak of? LOL Yeah I am a frigging newb to modding kotor but a retared over gamer who's life's ambition is to work for squaresoft designing characters LOL

What is this "Deadly Stream" thing you speak of? LOL Yeah I am a frigging newb to modding kotor but a retared over gamer who's life's ambition is to work for squaresoft designing characters LOL

It is another site that hosts mods

Well, after taking some time to re-do some of the alpha channels for Bastila's textures, the only thing that is left would be to set up the patcher to change the entries for her DS transitions. Which is partially done, the code in the changes file looking like this:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
[settings]
FileExists=1

[TLKList]

[installList]

[2DAList]
Table0=heads.2da
Table1=portraits.2da

[GFFList]

[CompileList]

[sSFList]

; ===================================================================

[appearance.2da]
[heads.2da]
ChangeRow0=Bastila
[bastila]
RowLabel=1
headtexvvve=P_BastilaH04d2
headtexvve=P_BastilaH04d2
headtexve=P_BastilaH04d1
headtexe=P_BastilaH04d1
[portraits.2da]
ChangeRow0=Bastila_Portraits
[bastila_Portraits]
RowLabel=33
baseresrefe=PO_pbastilad
baseresrefve=PO_pbastilad
baseresrefvve=PO_pbastilad
baseresrefvvve=PO_pbastilad

Sans the top lines, of course. I believe all that is left is to make the patcher add the files to the override

Well, after taking some time to re-do some of the alpha channels for Bastila's textures, the only thing that is left would be to set up the patcher to change the entries for her DS transitions. Which is partially done, the code in the changes file looking like this:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
[settings]
FileExists=1

[TLKList]

[installList]

[2DAList]
Table0=heads.2da
Table1=portraits.2da

[GFFList]

[CompileList]

[sSFList]

; ===================================================================

[appearance.2da]
[heads.2da]
ChangeRow0=Bastila
[bastila]
RowLabel=1
headtexvvve=P_BastilaH04d2
headtexvve=P_BastilaH04d2
headtexve=P_BastilaH04d1
headtexe=P_BastilaH04d1
[portraits.2da]
ChangeRow0=Bastila_Portraits
[bastila_Portraits]
RowLabel=33
baseresrefe=PO_pbastilad
baseresrefve=PO_pbastilad
baseresrefvve=PO_pbastilad
baseresrefvvve=PO_pbastilad

Sans the top lines, of course. I believe all that is left is to make the patcher add the files to the override

Thank you so much i saw this skin and fell in love with it :ang2::ang2::thmbup1::thmbup1:

now are u going to pm me the file when u are done. just wondering how we are gonna do this. and i love u by the way

I'd say it's pretty much done, the only obstacle being that I'd want to test it to make sure the LS cutscene works. Only problem is, I don't have a save during that part of the game. Closest I have would be a save on Korriban. The others I have are on the Star Forge, and one on Taris(mostly for testing another mod of mine).

I'll probably try to play through with the save I have, since i don't think there are any full game save archives for K1 like Chainz.2da did for TSL.

Oh, and as for the Mod's name...Bastila - Dark Jedi Princess.

Sweet, play and please keep me updated:thmbup1::thmbup1:

Id say that name is fitting in my humble opinion:D

Yo when will it be on deadly stream

Well, I have made the changes so the Patcher will add the files upon install, but there is still one problem, although it is more relating to how BioWare set up the ending section of the game, and how I've changed it.

The mod gives Bastilla a darkside version of her normal clothing. The problem starts with just that alone. K1 doesn't have a column in the appearance.2da for darkside default clothing, while K2 does - probably because BioWare didn't intend on Party members going darkside, as most either already are, or never change.

So, I had one other option to allow the use of this outfit, and even it has a problem. I made it so that she wears it when you see her atop the Rakatan Temple. Which means I had to edit at least seven files, since BioWare chose to make a template for Bastila, and which one the game uses, depends on the player's level(at least I think so, since she can be level 15 to 20 at that point in the game). Which does work.

With a darkside playthrough, this causes no issues. However, play the game lightside, and mostly, there is none either. You can have her run off, and go back to the Ebon Hawk to go to the Star Forge - except, you cannot. Why? Well, perhaps another example of BioWare being somewhat lazy. In the list of utc files for the area(which I believe is ebo_m41aa), p_bastilla001 is there. Which is one of the same files they use to have her appear atop the Temple, and in the instance of the LS Ebon Hawk cut-scene, likely use a script to change the appearance data, so it points to the Admiral. So, having that file in the override means that the scene stays black, and does nothing.

Of course, there is an option. That is to remove the p_Bastilla001 file, which means only that if a player is level 15 during that part of the game(which might be unlikely, unless one would save levels for a long time), Bastilla will be wearing the Dark Jedi Master robe that she normally does.

With a darkside playthrough, this causes no issues. However, play the game lightside, and mostly, there is none either. You can have her run off, and go back to the Ebon Hawk to go to the Star Forge - except, you cannot. Why? Well, perhaps another example of BioWare being somewhat lazy. In the list of utc files for the area(which I believe is ebo_m41aa), p_bastilla001 is there. Which is one of the same files they use to have her appear atop the Temple, and in the instance of the LS Ebon Hawk cut-scene, likely use a script to change the appearance data, so it points to the Admiral. So, having that file in the override means that the scene stays black, and does nothing.

In order to rectify the override issue you can just patch your version of Bastila's UTC into the correct .rim file. However, seeing as editing .rim's is potentially dangerous in KotOR (in the sense you can't uninstall by deleting the .rim) I'd recommend creating a .MOD that contains all the vanilla files from that area, and naming that .MOD exactly as the .rim is named (ebo_m41aa.rim -> ebo_m41aa.MOD).

Then have the TSL Patcher copy over your .MOD to the modules folder (make sure it's set to copy over, not replace as your .MOD is just a precaution so the TSL Patcher can still patch files to the .MOD if the player doesn't already have a mod that created a .MOD for that area). Then, set the TSL Patcher to copy over the Bastila UTC to your .MOD file.

Then have the TSL Patcher copy over your .MOD to the modules folder (make sure it's set to copy over, not replace as your .MOD is just a precaution so the TSL Patcher can still patch files to the .MOD if the player doesn't already have a mod that created a .MOD for that area). Then, set the TSL Patcher to copy over the Bastila UTC to your .MOD file.

That was easier to set up than I was thinking. Although, at this point I simply packaged the edited utc in the mod file. I don't see the option in ChangeEdit to add the file to the .MOD after the patcher installs it, although I'm probably missing something.

That was easier to set up than I was thinking. Although, at this point I simply packaged the edited utc in the mod file. I don't see the option in ChangeEdit to add the file to the .MOD after the patcher installs it, although I'm probably missing something.

You can change the path along the bottom (default should just be override) to Modules\ebo_m41aa.mod.

Just checking in how is it going:thmbup1:

Just checking in how is it going:thmbup1:

I'd say it's pretty much done, the only obstacle being that I'd want to test it to make sure the LS cutscene works. Only problem is, I don't have a save during that part of the game. Closest I have would be a save on Korriban. The others I have are on the Star Forge, and one on Taris(mostly for testing another mod of mine).

I'll probably try to play through with the save I have, since i don't think there are any full game save archives for K1 like Chainz.2da did for TSL.

Archived