Home

Korriban Tomb Discovery

LDR

I made an interesting discovery today. I was fiddling around with MindTwistah's Teleporter 2000 armbands and I learned that there were tombs cut from Korriban. Now, I already knew this, but I had thought that they removed the tombs themselves from the Korriban model. Turns out they didn't, except for one it seems.

Well, here's some screens. This is the one south from Ajunta Pall's Tomb:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
tjrv.png

And this is the one south from Marka Ragnos's Tomb. (I was phased through a rock so there are some texture issues. I didn't have the patience to try to get a better shot.):

Show spoiler
eaha.png

Here is the one north of Tulak Hord's Tomb:

Show spoiler
fxhi.png

And surprisingly, there isn't one north from Naga Sadow's Tomb. But if you look closely the rock where the tomb would have been is discolored (tannish-brown instead of reddish-brown). This is the one that was removed, it would seem:

Show spoiler
dhc.png

Also, here's a picture I took of the center statues. It makes a great screensaver:

Show spoiler
xs5m.png

Now, you can all see where I'm going with this. I would like to know if there is a way I could add bridges that cut through the rock to the two southernmost tombs without having to remake the entire model. Of course, I'd need help with walkmesh and UV mapping. I already know what textures could be used for the bridges though.

If anyone could shed some more light on this then it'd be greatly appreciated. This area of modding isn't exactly my forté.

EDIT: Scrap what I said, looking at the model, m36aa_01, containing the valley and surrounding rocks, you would need to edit that to add the bridges me thinks. Good news is, it's only one model, and the rest can be left as they are.

Anyway, love the find, please try and do this, it would be brilliant :D

I reckon what would be quite cool though, for the south ones at least, is to have paths diverging from the path leading to the academy, that way you could maybe see the platform that leads to the tomb from the valley, but you'd have to go searching to actually find the way there, might make it a bit more interesting. You could even have a path leading through the caves, if it isn't too much work ;)

Just so you know, you might be better off doing the placeable because the odds of those two tomb entry points having a walkmesh is kind of slim. This is kind of a rig of getting around it but if you remember the lightup floor panels in the Temple of the Ancients Catacombs, you may be able to set those up as the walkmesh and make them invisible by editing the texture.

http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2113230&postcount=62

They're not cut tombs; the only things here are some entrances, far past where the walkable area is, and with no surface leading up to them. So far as I can see, they're purely decorative.

In that case, I'll improvise. I'll put a placeable that warps you to underground caves, and you could access the two tombs from there.

how about a walking path to one of these "tempting tomb-styled" holes and an entry point to load a new cell there? (with the "real" tomb there based on another module obvious)

possible? I'm insane?? :lol:

keep poping-up these surprising "finds" :thmbup1:

Archived