Home

HK-47's way to the HK Factory

maltron66

Here's another thing I've been thinking of for a long time.

In TSLRCM, if my memory serves me well, right before you begin the HK Factory mission, HK-47 is seen in the Ebon Hawk, and in the next scene, he is in the factory.

But what happened in between those 2 scenes?

So here's my idea: What if you could navigate HK-47 through some modules until you reach the factory?

It's nighttime, and you have to make your way to the factory, fighting batallions of guard droids sent by HK units to patrol the areas close to the factory.

You begin in module 1 (It could be a module from the Dxun jungle, the second one, where you first meet the Mandalorian guards that take you to Mandalore).

You then proceed to module 2 (It could be the module from Malachor, the one that is basically a labyrinth).

Next, you go to module 3 (It could be another module from Dxun, or even Dantoine. Also, Quanon has created some awesome modules that he's giving away, and those include jungle modules too - http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206721 - although they're not ready to use, since modders will have to make some additional files to get them working in the game.)

And then you transport to module 4. This module should be the module where you crash and meet Bao-Dur for the first time. After that, you proceed to the next modules like when you had to in the begining of the game, when you travelled through a module with a beach with mercs and cannoks, then to RZ-0031 and finally in the old military base.

It would be just the same thing with HK-47, with 3 differences: First, it's nighttime (DON'T FORGET THAT!), second you're now fighting droids (TONS OF THEM!) and third, when you get in the military base, you will now be able to open the door to get in the HK factory.

That's all...for now.

So you want even more HK-47 solo fighting?

Sounds like a bad idea to me...

I know HK ain't the best character in the game, but he's my fav character and I really like using him. Plus, if you grant him some specific feats, he can be the game's best markshman.

I like the fighting droids part.

Save the fact that HK Factory is already imho the hardest part of the game because HK-47 is definitely not the best fighter, and the whole first half of it is about deleting your self-preservation programming so that you can fight the other droids. You'd lose continuity points there.

Save the fact that HK Factory is already imho the hardest part of the game because HK-47 is definitely not the best fighter, and the whole first half of it is about deleting your self-preservation programming so that you can fight the other droids. You'd lose continuity points there.

I figure they might have been generic Sith Battle droids, not HK-50s. Being that the Attack on Telos is a full on invasion, I mean.

Yes, of course they should not be HK-50s. Those droids patrolling the areas near the factory could be Telos War droids, sentry droids... anything you like! But not HKs. I am certainly not attempting to ruin the plot here.

But you've got to admit... HK-47... Nighttime... Enemies all over the place... Adrenaline rising... In KOTOR 2, you never know what your next enemy will be, and that makes it all the more thrilling (at least for me - and I always make saves evytime I beat a group of enemies, because I don't know what's next). If the game was to be easy, it would get boring. SO BRING IT!!

And when I said that droids could be patrolling the area, I didn't mean 5 or 6 of them. I meant 15-20 droids in every big, open area. That should even keep noble players busy. And the closer you get to the factory, the tighest the security becomes. At the first 4 modules, things would be pretty easy. However, it then becomes challenging, then tricky, then difficult, then impossible!

So, at the time you get in the base (not in the factory underground, the old military base you can reach at the begining of the game, the module right before you enter the factory), things will go CRAZY! You'd have to employ a very good strategy to make it.

But with some other mods installed, HK-47 can become a pretty difficult character to beat.

• 2 months later...

Why not make a sort of pinpoint mission set or ark, so have it as special hk-47 missions you can do at anytime (Since Sith assault seemed like a weird reason for hk-47 to start it [statement: Hmm, the exile is leaving to defend Telos on a possibly suicidal mission, I'll just leave on my own suicide mission making it even harder for the both of us!]).

Like have a special dialog after you've fought however many hk-50's to pinpoint the Telos location that makes it so hk-47 starts a special mission to buy his own ship with a pilot droid(which could be a playable character until you get to the Hk-base in which it would be destroyed somehow making it slightly easier for a while) or something (just a shuttle, since it also doesn't make sense that the Ebon Hawk, from Dantoine dropped off Hk-47, then went off to the ice jedi place/atris' stronghold since they knew handmaiden was in mortal danger, it also doesn't make sense that Hk-47 snook off and walked or something.), upgrade it to a point the hk-50 units wouldn't be able to detect it, assassination missions (not for the Telos one just for fun) and then have hk-47 start upgrading missions on himself and/or maybe missions to acquire his old assassination protocols he had lost (a possible way making him a better playable character for the hk base), building up to the hk base mission, give hk-47 preparation time for it. I hope all of that made sense. in summary:

1) Mission to obtain a shuttle and a pilot droid or something(maybe with Hk signitures to make it so it can enter the base? Maybe have the Hk-50 he interrogated be reprogrammed to do Hk-47's bidding)

2)Upgrading missions for Hk-47

3)Assassination missions for fun

4)the mission to the Hk base, possibly with a sort of patsy (the pilot).

5)the hk base

Why not make a sort of pinpoint mission set or ark, so have it as special hk-47 missions you can do at anytime (Since Sith assault seemed like a weird reason for hk-47 to start it [statement: Hmm, the exile is leaving to defend Telos on a possibly suicidal mission, I'll just leave on my own suicide mission making it even harder for the both of us!]).

Like have a special dialog after you've fought however many hk-50's to pinpoint the Telos location that makes it so hk-47 starts a special mission to buy his own ship with a pilot droid(which could be a playable character until you get to the Hk-base in which it would be destroyed somehow making it slightly easier for a while) or something (just a shuttle, since it also doesn't make sense that the Ebon Hawk, from Dantoine dropped off Hk-47, then went off to the ice jedi place/atris' stronghold since they knew handmaiden was in mortal danger, it also doesn't make sense that Hk-47 snook off and walked or something.), upgrade it to a point the hk-50 units wouldn't be able to detect it, assassination missions (not for the Telos one just for fun) and then have hk-47 start upgrading missions on himself and/or maybe missions to acquire his old assassination protocols he had lost (a possible way making him a better playable character for the hk base), building up to the hk base mission, give hk-47 preparation time for it. I hope all of that made sense. in summary:

1) Mission to obtain a shuttle and a pilot droid or something(maybe with Hk signitures to make it so it can enter the base? Maybe have the Hk-50 he interrogated be reprogrammed to do Hk-47's bidding)

2)Upgrading missions for Hk-47

3)Assassination missions for fun

4)the mission to the Hk base, possibly with a sort of patsy (the pilot).

5)the hk base

Those are indeed some great ideas! When I started this thread, what I was basically thinking is that I'd like to see what happened to HK just before he entered the factory. I mean, don't the HK-50s have any guard droids outside the perimeter of the factory?

What, did 47 just walk in there with no trouble at all? With nothing slowing him down?

I also wanted to see how re-playing some old modules (but now in nighttime) would sound like... We don't have many of them in the game.

Those are indeed some great ideas! When I started this thread, what I was basically thinking is that I'd like to see what happened to HK just before he entered the factory. I mean, don't the HK-50s have any guard droids outside the perimeter of the factory?

What, did 47 just walk in there with no trouble at all? With nothing slowing him down?

I also wanted to see how re-playing some old modules (but now in nighttime) would sound like...

Yeah that's something that bothers me too, I mean its the underground part of the military facility you go to on Telos too, that whole " we were too late to get him" doesn't really make any sense either. But not rebuilding their defenses after the exile took the shuttle was just dumb founding to me

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nope, I have uninstalled the game... But I'll install it again, since I don't see anything happening in Battlefront... maybe then I'll start experimenting on this idea.

So, Maltron, if you're still into modding, maybe we could try a small collaboration after i gain some experience

You mean after we BOTH gain the experience required to start working on it, I'm not a pro either...

• 3 months later...
I like it's I also wanted to see how re-playing some old modules (but now in nighttime) would sound like... We don't have many of them in the game.buy.gif..

True... that's what made me think of making a mod such as this when I started this thread.

Archived