• Ultimate Saber Mod 2
    • Masters of TSL
    • Advanced System Lightsabers
    • Community Lightsaber Project
    • Other

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay..... so... this next step may take awhile.

105 HOTOR and TOR hilts from Kuai-Don Jorn. Still have to go through the hilts and find the textures and possibly eliminate some of the hilts (only because alot of them do look very similar)

Even with Duplisaber, that is a LOT of files to process, so we'll see how this turns out...

yeesh

Okay, so here's 95 of the hilts in 3dsMax

y97KHqs.png

• 2 weeks later...
Well, some of you should make a tutorial for modeling these hilts, because the tutorials in the modeling section aren't really helpful. Hopefully with the tutorials, I will be able to contribute.

I think I'll end up putting up a tutorial of how I 3d model, though it would likely be 3ds Max only. And I'll keep up a thread for how others do it, so that if one method doesn't work well for you, you could check out how someone else does it.

Just as a progress update, I've finally finished up the models for the last of the lightsabers, with slow progress due to real life™. But I should be able to have the last of the sabers finished up and sent to VP relatively quickly

• 4 weeks later...
I'm guessing that these Quanon hilts would have way too many polys for your mod, VP?

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

juhanisabtexrend001.jpg

juhanisabtexrend002.jpg

juhanisabtexrend003.jpg

juhanisabtexrend004.jpg

juhanisabtexrend005.jpg

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
juhanisabdsrend01a.jpg

Hey VP & TG, just for compatibility sake, before I release the Juhani mod (which has these sabers in it), are you going to re-number them when Quanon submits them for this mod? Right now they are g_w_dblsbr063.uti & g_w_dblsbr064.uti. If they are going to need to be re-numbered, I'd like to change them in the Juhani mod, so that they won't conflict later on. Thx

Edit: never mind. I forgot that this was a TSL saber mod. I need sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

Update finally

I'll be only converting 10 single and 10 double hilts from Qui-Don Jorn's collection. These are his favorite hilts so instead of converting all 100 of them, I figure we can add a good amount now to assure a release within my lifetime, and then if demand is high, we can always add them in a second version.

Special thanks to QDJ for exporting the hilts which now (other than modeling them) is the most tedious part of the process.

Anywho, this will ensure a much more focused release (and it will probably be released sooner).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey VarsityPuppet, I wanted to drop by and show my support for the awesome work you have been putting in for this mod. You're adding a prominent new feature which would be a great way to revive the game for a lot of people. You've always had a good sense for what this game needs more of, and I really applaud you for coming out of your modding repose to do this mod. Keep up the good work!! :p

• 1 month later...

...*drools*....

This might just save me a ton of frustration, time, and effort...

Rooting for this.

Voted for Community Lightsaber Project. "USM 2" doesn't seem appropriate cause it's so many others work together. Masters of "TSL" doesn't automatically denote a saber mod..so difficult to find in a search. "Advanced Systems Lightsabers"...meh. But "Community Lightsaber Project" is new and unique...and the acronym "CLP" looks good. "TSL:CLP"!

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Well, after a long, tiring semester of school kicking my ass, I've returned to the interwebz world.

What's the plan?

To consolidate the Saber system and release what I have so far. I'll work on adding KDJ's sabers over time. Ultimately, we cut down the number of his sabers involved. We limited it to his favorites, which I believe is for the better overall.

There are things I know people won't like, but this is the reason I'm trying to develop tools to help ease this sort of stuff. We shouldn't be wasting time doing menial work anymore.

Also, I'd like to get this out so I can qualify for Mod of the Year 2013. It's a superficial reason, but it'll make me push it out faster maybe..

Anyways. Fun.

Archived