Home

To Everyone Having Problems Playing This Game on PC

I've wanted to make this thread for a long time now, particularly every time someone brings a PC problem to the table. It probably would have been of more use back when people still frequented this forum, but oh well. I wish you'd sticky it regardless.

I gather from all the complaints on here that the PC port of this game is quite half-assed. What I'm trying to figure out is why so many people are playing this particular title on PC. I mean, KOTOR is the opposite in that the PC version is clearly the superior version, allowing modding capabilities as whatnot; yet so many people chose the Xbox version over the PC version despite the fact that the latter offered so much more in terms of keeping the game new and interesting. And now I see the opposite: more people are choosing to play a PC port with no added benefits and sloppy bugs with no means of making a smooth and flawless gameplay experience.

You guys are backwards.

Anyway, the answer to all your problems is clear: Stop playing it on PC! Invest in a PS3 or Xbox 360 for a much nicer gameplay experience. Both systems are fairly affordable now with the next-gen console releases looming ever closer.

Thank you, and may the Force be with you.

What I'm trying to figure out is why so many people are playing this particular title on PC.

Probably because they don't own another platform to play the game on? Or because they expected the PC version to be the best, like it usually is? I certainly wouldn't buy a new console just to play a good version of this game, nor would I expect someone to. However, if anyone is wondering which version to buy, I always advise to get the X360/PS3.

But what gamer doesn't own an Xbox 360 and/or PS3 these days? Seems anyone who's semi-serious about modern gaming would own at least one of those consoles by now, especially considering how scarce good PC titles are becoming these days. It's not like the '90s and early 2000s where the PC reigned king.

But what gamer doesn't own an Xbox 360 and/or PS3 these days?

Well, I don't, and certainly many other as well. Although I'm considering buying an Xbox (and only after all these years).

Seems anyone who's semi-serious about modern gaming would own at least one of those consoles by now,

Since when is this game for "semi-serious" people only? And why are those who are exclusively PC gamers considered less serious about modern gaming?

especially considering how scarce good PC titles are becoming these days. It's not like the '90s and early 2000s where the PC reigned king.

I beg to differ. Most good titles are available for PC, and it's still the plataform where most games are released.

Maybe you're right. You're still in a minority, though. It's hard to meet someone who plays a decent amount of video games and doesn't own at least one of the current-gen consoles--at least in my circles--even if they are avid PC gamers.

As to assuming that the PC version would be better than the console versions, I will concede that that is generally true, but in this case, I knew it would not be. The main reason was because of the PC port of the first game being so reportedly sub-par, which for me was a huge indication as to what the second port was going to be like. It was just a no brainer.

The main reason was because of the PC port of the first game being so reportedly sub-par, which for me was a huge indication as to what the second port was going to be like. It was just a no brainer.

The first game, although not a bad port, was not a good one either but the PC version is still the best of the bunch. The flaws of the first game's port do not affect gameplay and are easily fixed. The same can't be said of TFUII.

The first game was not a good port because:

- You can't navigate in the menus with your mouse. (not a big problem, it was just laziness on their part)

- There are no advanced graphics options. (although that doesn't stop anyone from running it on max settings since such option is available)

- Cloth simulation is turned off by default. (but can be turned on by editing a small text file)

- They didn't compress the cutscene files, making the game occupy 25GB of your hard drive when installed.

Other than that, it's still the best version when compared to the console:

- It's cheaper.

- Allows you to play the game at huge resolutions.

- It has all the DLC on a single package without paying more for it.

I play this game on PC, I actually have no problem with it (though I first played the Wii version, which is definitey not great) - and PC gaming being semi-serious is definitey not true, as the spec of a gaming PC will always outmatch consoles (I'm running Alienware - it's better than my PS3).

• 1 year later...
But what gamer doesn't own an Xbox 360 and/or PS3 these days? Seems anyone who's semi-serious about modern gaming would own at least one of those consoles by now, especially considering how scarce good PC titles are becoming these days. It's not like the '90s and early 2000s where the PC reigned king.

I'm a gamer and no, I don't own any consoles. I like my games (perhaps all too much) but frankly I haven't sunken to the point where I feel compelled to waste hundreds of dollars on a console.

Based on what you said, you might, perhaps, judge me "not being serious enough about my gaming", to which I'd be compelled to reply that if you have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars to buy a new thing to play games on, then I'd just have to argue that perhaps you're taking your gaming way too seriously.

I have a PC and I play PC games on it. It's simple.

I'm a gamer and no, I don't own any consoles. I like my games (perhaps all too much) but frankly I haven't sunken to the point where I feel compelled to waste hundreds of dollars on a console.

Based on what you said, you might, perhaps, judge me "not being serious enough about my gaming", to which I'd be compelled to reply that if you have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars to buy a new thing to play games on, then I'd just have to argue that perhaps you're taking your gaming way too seriously.

I have a PC and I play PC games on it. It's simple.

Everybody has a life outside gaming it's not a 24/7/365 days thing.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm a fairly casual gamer, so that argument doesn't really hold up. With most games coming out on consoles these days, not seeing PC counterparts, you're going to be hard pressed to find a gamer these days without at least one console, even if they do adore their PC games as I do. You are an extremely small minority.

And Xbox 360 and PS3 are incredibly affordable now, especially if you get them used.

Archived