Home

[K1 Idea/Request] Saving the Nameless Rakatan

Christos K

I'm surprised no one has made a mod surrounding this yet especially after BoS:SR was released.

I always have wanted to be able to save the nameless Rakatan in the Mysterious Box that you are suppose to deliver to Motta the Hutt on Tatooine.

Basically it would just be editing existing quests.

It would require going into the Mysterious Box though instead of delivering it to Motta without hesitation.

You keep the box until you go to the Unknown World and either The One or Ll'awa the researcher (Ll'awa will only help you after you've completed his side-quest) will help you free the prisoner.

Here's where the options come in and are up to whomever wants to do this if anyone is interested.

Freeing the prisoner could mean several different things. Obviously he will not be made one with his old body since that body is long gone.

So either freeing can simply mean, finally letting the prisoner die painlessly (Lightside)

Letting the prisoner die painfully (Darkside)

or

Transferring the prisoner's soul/mind into a living prisoner at either camp (Elder Camp or the One's Camp) and this would be neutral since it's sort of killing the living prisoner's soul/mind.

The scope of this mod is ultimately up to any modder who wants to play with the idea. I just thought I post this for the hell of it.

This mod could be rather small or even big depending on how much story/action/etc you'd want to add to it.

Just spouting out ideas here, but obviously the box ends up on Tatooine. Uhm. Do you think Czerka could have gotten a hold of the box and that's the one you find on Tatooine on TOR quest The Thing Czerka Found? I considered that when I remembered the box. So personally, I wouldn't touch it. :p

Just spouting out ideas here, but obviously the box ends up on Tatooine. Uhm. Do you think Czerka could have gotten a hold of the box and that's the one you find on Tatooine on TOR quest The Thing Czerka Found? I considered that when I remembered the box. So personally, I wouldn't touch it. :p

Eh, I don't care much for TOR so if it contradicts it I couldn't care less.

Why would you want to save a powerhungry murdering warlord?

Well, he's had close to thirty millennia to sit and think. Lots of time for someone to undergo serious character changes. He might be a pretty cool guy now. Although I would consider the whole thing a dark side quest since you are assisting in the invading of someone's mind and eradication of their consciousness in place of another.

Anyway, I like this idea very much. I would suggest possibly expanding the possibilities as to who the recipient host could be. You could unleash the prisoner's consciousness on a fellow Rakatan, but other ideal candidates may include the prisoners at the Sith Academy, or the students starving themselves outside the academy doors to get in. Or the Sith prisoner at the Republic Embassy on Manaan. Or a few original characters.

The possibilities are endless. Great idea!

Archived