Home

Serious problems on Korriban.

Mister Nihilus

Basically, I'm doing the planets on KOTOR in a random order (which was okay according to a walkthrough I'm following), and after leaving Dantooine where Carth was told about his son on Korriban, I arrive on Korriban and get into the Valley of the Dark Lords only to find both Darth Banon -I think that's the name, Mallack's apprentice- (with his lackies) AND Calo Nord (also with his lackies). Both there, same time, same place, ready to kill me.

Seriously, I didn't even have to try to fight to know it was unbeatable, but even trying a couple of times nothing could actually work. This is on easy difficulty.

As a side note, Calo Nord doesn't appear on any other planet, anyone know how to undo this or fix this? I won't be able to get past Korriban unless they are both defeated.

Sounds like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Korriban is the first planet you visited after Dantooine? How many quests on Korriban have you completed?

Korriban wasn't the first, as soon as I got there Calo Nord greeted me and was way too weak to take him, so I left for other planets first. As it goes in the way of quests, I've got into the academy, but haven't got any further because I can't pass them in the Valley.

Korriban wasn't the first, as soon as I got there Calo Nord greeted me and was way too weak to take him, so I left for other planets first. As it goes in the way of quests, I've got into the academy, but haven't got any further because I can't pass them in the Valley.

Hopefully you don't mind spoilers, but they might not be at this point.

Calo is supposed to appear on the FIRST planet you travel to, after Dantooine - so long as you go far enough to meet him(although there are two planets you meet him earlier, and the other two later in the plot).

Bandon is supposed to appear when you've found three Star maps(or completed two planets, i.e he'd appear on the third planet).

This may be something of a bug, as the plot suggests that Calo has to be dead, for it to advance. Have you seen the cutscene where Saul mentions this?

Yes I did see that cutscene, that got me suspicious in the first place.

Looks like I'm dead out of luck right now, any suggestions or will I just have to restart the game entirely?

It may be that cheating in this instance is the only option, at least to continue the game without a restart. If it isn't already, the first step is to activate the console. To do this, you'll have to edit the SWKOTOR.ini file. It's located in the game's main directory, i.e [drive-letter:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKOTOR\. Under Game Options, add this:

EnableCheats=1

Then save it. You might want to open the file a second time, to make sure the change was saved. If the added line is still there, then it should work. When in the game, pressing the ` key should give you a cursor in the upper left corner of the screen.

Now, there are several ways to overcome the problem. You can try raising your stats to the point where you can deal with the group a bit easier, or adding things like crystals to your inventory, and then to your lightsabers so they do more damage.

This page lists some codes you can use that might help: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/info/cheatskotor1

Thank you, I'm not very good at coding but I'll give it a try.

One thing though, when trying to save the swkotor.ini file after adding EnableCheats=1 it takes me to the 'save as' page instead of just saving, and doesn't let me save with the same name which means I basically have to create a whole new file with all the code in it. Is this correct? Will it still work if a new file is created?

Ok please ignore previous messages.

After updating the Cheat Console thing successfully works, unfortunately now I have no saved game, so I need to do everything again. I'm a little annoyed, but following the IGN game guide and having the console working is somewhat helpful, so I'll be ok I guess, thanks very much for your help here.

Archived