Home

Should Darth Maul have lived?

Seancousins

I was just thinking about the Star Wars prequels and it felt like there was no character you could really relate to and get invested in.. I think Obi one was extremely under-used. Maybe in the major fight scene at the end of TPM Qui con is killed by Darth Maul and then the republic recruits that were around end up finding a way to them and some how Maul escapes... In the prequel Obi one seems kind of 'just there' this would of gave him some real meaning as he wants to kill Darth Maul and this type of ending would of got us fans excited to see Obi one go after Darth Maul in 'attack of the clones' I really think Darth Maul as a permanent villain would of added more of the original Star Wars feel! Or replace dooku (sorry for spelling) with Maul.. So then that one constant villain appears through out the trilogy and is eventually killed off early on in TROTS or instead of having Darth Maul as the villain in TPM just have Dooku replace him?

• 6 months later...

Not sure how it would've worked. Remember at the end of TPM, they ask "which one was it, the master or the apprentice?" Sure, we knew the answer, but in terms of the story, it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have that apprentice sticking around 'til the end and removing Dooku altogether - there still had to be some mystery surrounding the Sith because, if you remember, they didn't know who the Sith lord was in EP3 until the very, very end. Just my take.

• 5 months later...

I think he should have lived a crazy zabrak sith running wild across the galaxy he still has his mark to make after the clone wars I wonder what the emperor did with him after he defeated him & his brother Savage back on Mandalore he still has a purpose during the first galactic war period.

I read somewhere that this story line will be finished in a comic series...

Looks like some have already been released (2 of 4). I might have to go pick this up today. Link

Note to self to pick up my copy also no wait my girlfriend will do it for me whatever the emperor meant by still having a use for him it must mean his coming demise :(

Archived