Home

Quanon's Big Sell eOut Modules

harIII

None of them are hard to put together from what I've seen they need skyboxes .vis .lyt and walk meshes and most of them should be fine. Although some of them don't even need a walkmesh they already have one. Post wich ones you are most intrested in mere and I'm sure we can take care of them.

Specifically I need the Korriban expanded modules about nowish but eventually I'd like to have them all to have access to. I was just hoping that people would kindly donate any they have already put together to save me some time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure you picked the worst ones. Ummm give me a couple of days to check max and etc... If I make sure the models are finished are you capable of make the other neccesary files? (.vis .lyt .mod waypoints to travel in between modules etc...?)

Did you ever get these to work in-game, Sk? If so, I would really appreciate a link. However, could the models be thrown through MDLOps for k1 versions?

If you got those to work, what are the odds of compiling and releasing k1 and k2 "Barebones" versions(just the workable in-game things, with nothing in the .git.)?

If you got those to work, what are the odds of compiling and releasing k1 and k2 "Barebones" versions(just the workable in-game things, with nothing in the .git.)?

You don't use the .git file which the exception of changing its name. You use the .are, .ifo, .vis, and .lyt files. The module.ifo is just a matter of changing a few references which you'll see when you open it but the other 3 you need to change a fair amount of internal information. The .are file tells the machine to load up models x, y, and z. The .lyt file tells the machine to place models x, y, and z at locations x1, x2, x3, y1, y2, y3, and z1, z2, z3. The .vis file tells the machine to have models y and z visible when you are walking around in model x.

It sounds complicated but it's actually pretty easy. Just open them up and customize them to inject your information, it's not bad I promise!

You don't use the .git file which the exception of changing its name. You use the .are, .ifo, .vis, and .lyt files. The module.ifo is just a matter of changing a few references which you'll see when you open it but the other 3 you need to change a fair amount of internal information. The .are file tells the machine to load up models x, y, and z. The .lyt file tells the machine to place models x, y, and z at locations x1, x2, x3, y1, y2, y3, and z1, z2, z3. The .vis file tells the machine to have models y and z visible when you are walking around in model x.

It sounds complicated but it's actually pretty easy. Just open them up and customize them to inject your information, it's not bad I promise!

Your getting good at this ;)

Really appriciate it that you're helping others!

It looks hellish at first when dealing with new modules; but as you said above, there's a very simple system behind it :)

It looks hellish at first when dealing with new modules; but as you said above, there's a very simple system behind it :)

Well, Q, I know it's kinda taboo to bring it up to you, but...

I was asking for the full release with dual-game compatibility because you released the modules as modder's resources. That also meant(and your post heavily reinforced this) that we were not to look to you for help with them.

However, I feel my request for info vindicated here. I download the Korriban Expanded part 2 from your sell out to use as a Sith Tomb, but it has me stumped. I saw in the .lyt that you had something like rooms a-g or i, but you only had ascii's and bin's of a-c and one other. You had three versions of a-c too, so...

:giveup:----->:headbump:headbump:headbump

Thanks Quanon, I should be in the same boat you are but I'm still having a hard time trying to get my models into a format that KOTOR won't come screaming back to me in pain and agony. If I could only do that, then I'd be set.

Thanks Quanon, I should be in the same boat you are but I'm still having a hard time trying to get my models into a format that KOTOR won't come screaming back to me in pain and agony. If I could only do that, then I'd be set.

You use mdops 5, or 6? 6 seems a bit screwy on me a lot. You got 5 somewhere on your hard drive? If so, could I get a copy? Thanks HarIII, and happy modelling!

While we're on this topic, could someone compile as binary .mdl/mdx the Gra803 3ds files for Q's Yavin IV (and, if possible, divide up and similarly compile Gra804 and any other areas in this set)? Provided there's walkmesh and a binary mdl (and some kind of lighting for the area) I can do the rest, but I can't even open the meshes in gmax. Naturally, I'd be happy to upload the finished supplementary files (.vis/.lyt/.git/.are/.ifo/.mod, etc.) for general use, provided Q doesn't mind.

(If there are any gluttons for punishment out there, I wouldn't mind getting a look at the Lava Planet, either. :D )

While we're on this topic, could someone compile as binary .mdl/mdx the Gra803 3ds files for Q's Yavin IV (and, if possible, divide up and similarly compile Gra804 and any other areas in this set)? Provided there's walkmesh and a binary mdl (and some kind of lighting for the area) I can do the rest, but I can't even open the meshes in gmax. Naturally, I'd be happy to upload the finished supplementary files (.vis/.lyt/.git/.are/.ifo/.mod, etc.) for general use, provided Q doesn't mind.

(If there are any gluttons for punishment out there, I wouldn't mind getting a look at the Lava Planet, either. :D )

Dude, I'm on the verge of being ready to pay someone to do these things! If I manage to add a walkmesh(I have Q's vids for that), I'll try to compile an area. You'd have to do the rest(.vis, .git, .etc) since I can't do that. I'd send you some screenies so you could do the .lyt and .vis.

We are talking about uploading "barebones" versions(Empty, bare essential files, empty .git except for doors) yes?

It does for converting them to ASCII?

Yes, that's true, to go from BIN to ASCII use MDlops. Be warned though, MDLops doesn't handle area models that well. Just check everything again before you do another export.

However, I feel my request for info vindicated here. I download the Korriban Expanded part 2 from your sell out to use as a Sith Tomb, but it has me stumped. I saw in the .lyt that you had something like rooms a-g or i, but you only had ascii's and bin's of a-c and one other. You had three versions of a-c too, so...

:giveup:----->:headbump:headbump:headbump

Hahaha, yeah. Let me see. Well, I have differant versions of certain rooms because each newer version fixes a faulty mesh or stretched textures etc...

Normally I name my models properly, so always use the latest version.

For the missing rooms; you'll fully have to do those yourself. Textures, walkmesh, exporting and compiling. I never got further then room C to work properly.

Then I got frustrated or something and never looked back at those files :lol:

Well, the screaming is part of the job :lol:

See, whenever I first set eyes on any of my new models in the game, they are full of mistakes. Misplaced walls; stretched textures; flying wild geometry... Full game crashes even.

It's always takes time to polish and get things working properly. Even I, still need to do all these steps.

Got, the Yavin Jungle models. That's odd, normally all modules should work nicely in TSL... Mmm; I might have a ZIP somewhere...

Archived