Home

Handmaiden and Disciple

Machinegunfunny

I actually have a feeling this is impossible, but if it is, that would be cool. Now, I would have tried this myself but I can't get Kotor Tool to work, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, the idea is if there was a way to have both the Handmaiden and the Disciple in the party. Now I know that you cannot have more than 10 party members, but you could replace somebody, probably Goto, but maybe you could have him be on the ship just as an NPC, and not a party member, like the girl Sasha in K1.

Another thing I thought of is if you could change his name to Mical, which is normally easy, but possibly this might make it not so easy. And another thing is if you could change the Handmaiden's name to Brianna, after she reveals it to you. Also, that is probably impossible, but maybe you could make it a new party member named Brianna with the same dialouge and somehow the same stats and inventory one had the handmaiden with. Although I think that is just as unlikely.

I don't want to put pressure on anybody, but if this was possible that would be cool, and if not, a simple it's not possible would suffice. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and may the Force serve you well:thmbup1:

I actually have a feeling this is impossible, but if it is, that would be cool. Now, I would have tried this myself but I can't get Kotor Tool to work, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, the idea is if there was a way to have both the Handmaiden and the Disciple in the party. Now I know that you cannot have more than 10 party members, but you could replace somebody, probably Goto, but maybe you could have him be on the ship just as an NPC, and not a party member, like the girl Sasha in K1.

Another thing I thought of is if you could change his name to Mical, which is normally easy, but possibly this might make it not so easy. And another thing is if you could change the Handmaiden's name to Brianna, after she reveals it to you. Also, that is probably impossible, but maybe you could make it a new party member named Brianna with the same dialouge and somehow the same stats and inventory one had the handmaiden with. Although I think that is just as unlikely.

I don't want to put pressure on anybody, but if this was possible that would be cool, and if not, a simple it's not possible would suffice. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and may the Force serve you well:thmbup1:

1. Possible. I guess you could make G0-T0 an npc, but it would be better if you turned him into a puppet.

2. Possible. Very easy, only requires some basic modding knowledge.

3. ... Not sure if you can make her name change after that dialogue in which she tells you her name. It must be possible, but I wouldn't know how to do it.

4. Possible, but why do that?

1. Possible. I guess you could make G0-T0 an npc, but it would be better if you turned him into a puppet.

2. Possible. Very easy, only requires some basic modding knowledge.

3. ... Not sure if you can make her name change after that dialogue in which she tells you her name. It must be possible, but I wouldn't know how to do it.

4. Possible, but why do that?

Well I was just thinking out loud, so to speak. If you could do it, that'd be cool.

I once made a similar request a long time ago in this thread.

Things to consider about your request. . .

1) Lack of compatibility: Your mod suggestion would be incompatible with any large scale mod due to the many conversations you would have to change in both Handmaiden's and Disciple's dialogue. For example, there's already been numerous changes to DLG files for TSLRCM.

2) Gender issues: Picture all of the times that Disciple refers to the Exile as she. Think about how many times that other characters respond to Disciple's comments about the Exile which also indicate that the Exile is female - only because it was in response to Disciple, mind you. Now replace "Disciple" with "Last of the Handmaidens" and reverse the Exile's gender. In addition to the DLG files you'd have to change, now picture how many sound files you'd have to manually splice together. In addition, picture how messy those splices would likely be. . .

Also, might having everyone being available throw a large wrench in the romance conversations playing out correctly?

It's mostly a matter of math: the time and effort invested for such a thing to happen divided by the lack of large mods that would be compatible with it that makes such a mod unfeasible.

It wouldn't be impossible but I doubt anyone would take it on.

No, they take up different slots in the party table - Handmaiden 4, Mira 7, Hanharr 10, and Disciple 11 - so it's possible to recruit all of them. The only problem is they share the same space in the party selection GUI. Mira and the Handmaiden end up hidden under Hanharr and the Disciple, so you can't add them to or remove them from your active party. It's possible to edit the GUI, but if there is a way to fix this, I couldn't find it. So I ended up making a manual party selection tool.

Even if it isn't possible to add room in the party selection screen, I think it should be possible to make it so some other character gets covered up, so even if you do have to resort to a manual override, you would only have to do it with a character you aren't going to use that often.

I've always disliked the idea of replacing GOTO, even though I don't like him and never use him. Guess I don't want any of my cast let go. But, I never considered the possibility of still having him around on the Ebon Hawk as an NPC like someone suggested above. That would be cool, as long as you can still have all of your usual conversations with him.

But how would that work if he's not a party member? His conversations unfold as you gain more and more influence with him. Would it be possible if he's only an NPC?

I've always disliked the idea of replacing GOTO, even though I don't like him and never use him. Guess I don't want any of my cast let go. But, I never considered the possibility of still having him around on the Ebon Hawk as an NPC like someone suggested above. That would be cool, as long as you can still have all of your usual conversations with him.

But how would that work if he's not a party member? His conversations unfold as you gain more and more influence with him. Would it be possible if he's only an NPC?

Well I suppose it could, perhaps you could discover he was a droid with a high Persuade and or awareness.

And on the gender issues, they really mostly crop up on Ebon Hawk cutscenes, so perhaps some sort of script to only run the affected scenes with the appropriate gender?

Archived