Home

Dog breeds

maltron66

My dogs are usually Black Labs.

However, right now I have to deal with a ratdog... My mom's poddle. No clue what kind nor do I care, just have to walk the ragdog since my mom is old.

Maybe it is time to get another Lab, then it can eat ratdog.

I don't own a dog, but I like dogs of all breeds equally. Unlike the rest of the snobs in this thread, I'm not breedist.

Whether we have a favorite breed or not, it has no relation to how we treat them or feel about them. My favorite is a Labrador, but that doesn't mean I don't like other ones or that I think people should only own labs. I love all animals equally, but I'd rather have certain ones as pets over others and there's nothing wrong with that. I had no idea that having a favorite type of animal was such a cruel thing.

Whether we have a favorite breed or not, it has no relation to how we treat them or feel about them. My favorite is a Labrador, but that doesn't mean I don't like other ones or that I think people should only own labs. I love all animals equally, but I'd rather have certain ones as pets over others and there's nothing wrong with that. I had no idea that having a favorite type of animal was such a cruel thing.

Same goes for me. The fact that I own a dog of a specific breed doesn't mean that I hate all other dog breeds. My favorite breed would be the German Shepard, but this doesn't mean that I don't like any other breeds.

I especially love Caucasian Shepards, Labs, Jack Russels, Golden Retrievers, Beagles, Akitas, Rottweilers, Boxers, Cane Corsos.... and the list goes on...

I had a friend who had a couple German Shepherds. From what I remember they were nice. A lot bigger than any dog's I've ever had.

Wait to see a Caucasian. It's the biggest dog breed in the world. My puppy is already as tall as my 10-year old G.S. He weights around 77 lbs and according to my vet, he'll eventually weight about 176 lbs.

And he's fearless, too! When I walked him to my vet and back home, the other dogs barked at him and what did he do? He attempted to attack them. And he would have got to them, hadn't I been holding him firmly.

All in all, if you want to see how big a Caucasian can be, chech this out:

I have a 120 lb. half arctic/half timber wolf, 4th generation domesticated. Rearing up to her full height on her 2 hind legs she stands as tall or even taller than my mum. I'd estimate she's about 5'6" tall maximum at the apex of rearing up.

Nearing 2 years old it's out of one phase and into the next. She used to pull and take off. Being I'm just shy of weighting 170 lbs, though I was able to hold onto her she'd still pull me quite a bit if she decided to take off after a critter while on the leash. I finally let her off when she proved she'd always come back.

Now she's reaching that point where she doesn't always want to come back at first when it's time for the end of the walk, usually when she still has too much energy left.

Big deep scary bark and growl.

Like my previous wolf, she loves chasing off bears in the trash, and bears do NOT like her. She also loves teasing and chasing coyotes. They're annoyed and even a little scared, while she's got that amused "haha" prance. They tried to go after her but she always fools them. And since their biggest one is totally afraid of her on direct confrontations (he's like half her size and can't really outrun her), none of them really want a piece of her. They don't even try trapping her anymore. It's a natural sort of hierarchy because wolves kill coyotes in the wild. So usually she just goes to their den area and instigates a little harassment for fun.

Not really against any breeds. I think pit bulls get an unfairly bad-rap because it's the arse holes who ruin it for everyone else, making their dogs nasty. My sister has one and she's the sweetest thing (if a bit overly wound up and hyperactive).

Archived